• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New signing incoming...

I don’t know but I hope so. I’m sorry to say this but I don’t think Oxley is giving of his best and nor do I believe that will change at Southend.
Neither do I He's had at least part responsibility in 50% of the goals we've conceeded this season. I can't see him leaving though as his wages are too good.

Akinola will be very decent and if used up front proved last season he can score plenty of goals- powerful, direct and very good with the ball at his feet. BTW would have come with Currie had he got the job.

The less the team looks like last seasons team the better. Watching that 4th goal was like a replay of last season all over again. Keeper, couple in to beef up midfield and Akinola, that’d be sound business if .. if .. we can get this bloody embargo lifted. Imagine the boost a few new faces would give everyone. What was clear from Sat is we’re lacking a few savvy, streetwise players. We’ve got some talent but they badly need help and leadership.

Need to get rid of Oxley and that keeper who is training with us as an trialist, he seem to be better than Oxley and would improve us.

I really don’t know mate. I’ve no idea on the current legislation regarding professional football (I barely know the legislation regarding myself!)

Im not on there myself, but I’ve heard that on Akinola’s Instagram page, he posted a picture of himself in a medical-type room today? Would maybe explain why he’s a B&L.
Probably been sectioned for joining us.

Wasn’t that Gordon Connolly?

Hmmm not so sure, I was going through a stage of doing lots of poppers at the time to get me through games. Always remember throwing a 2 pence piece through the no mans land and hitting a gobby blackpol fan on the nose , it could have been Patrick fitztrevor for all I know

Wasn’t that Gordon Connolly?
No, that was Brighton at home.

For those who are too young or who weren't there... you can only IMAGINE how amazing his second half demolition of Brighton was as he was massively instrumental in the 2 goals we scored to come back from 1-0 down and win. At the end, Brighton put 3 men on him and he still beat them!

Probably one of the most talked about SUFC individual (half) performances ever alongside Paul Smith at Brentford in the cup.

Back