• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

New signing incoming...

He did that with the young right back Gary Cross if I remember correctly. Along with some words of wisdom that he needed to not run around like a lunatic and preserve some energy for the second half

No, that was Brighton at home.

For those who are too young or who weren't there... you can only IMAGINE how amazing his second half demolition of Brighton was as he was massively instrumental in the 2 goals we scored to come back from 1-0 down and win. At the end, Brighton put 3 men on him and he still beat them!

Probably one of the most talked about SUFC individual (half) performances ever alongside Paul Smith at Brentford in the cup.
That Paul Smith performance.... Chefs kiss!

I wasnt there to see Paul Smith against Brentford , but read so much about his performance that day ,Reminded me of a goalkeeper who put in the same kind of performance many years back but against us the late great Bert Trautmann for Man City in an FA cup tie think that was 1953 in the mud.

I wasnt there to see Paul Smith against Brentford , but read so much about his performance that day ,Reminded me of a goalkeeper who put in the same kind of performance many years back but against us the late great Bert Trautmann for Man City in an FA cup tie think that was 1953 in the mud.

I wasn't there but wasn't it '56 - the year City won the Cup and BT played on in the Final with a broken neck?

Be great to get Akinola over the line, but I’ll personally feel a lot better once we bring in some experience in central midfield and defence. We do have Lennon and White but they’re both quite injury prone and the youngsters badly need some older heads alongside them right now.

I was there at Brentford for that Paul Smith performance. It really was a ridiculous one-man display. I remember we were 1-0 down at half time but Brentford had had about 30 shots with about 20 on target. I think the goal was a penalty too! Be great if someone could dig out the stats and back me up on this.

Think he saved the penalty, didn’t he? Nearly broke my ankle standing on the cement fixing of a drain pipe to see Barry score that day. Fond memories!

Be great to get Akinola over the line, but I’ll personally feel a lot better once we bring in some experience in central midfield and defence. We do have Lennon and White but they’re both quite injury prone and the youngsters badly need some older heads alongside them right now.

I was there at Brentford for that Paul Smith performance. It really was a ridiculous one-man display. I remember we were 1-0 down at half time but Brentford had had about 30 shots with about 20 on target. I think the goal was a penalty too! Be great if someone could dig out the stats and back me up on this.

My dad still goes on about that one. Apparently (although I've never read it) Trautmann mentions that as one of his best games in his autobiography.

Jokes aside, a certain SUFC coach from the 70's has been looked into for all the wrong reasons......I have not heard of any outcome so far.

Back