• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Medway Blue

Living on the Island of Relevancy ⭐
Due to my inability to get back to Southend for the Leeds game (money and timing issues), I had to settle for sitting in the North Stand at Portman Road with a few uni mates, watching Ipswich vs. Charlton.

The ability to watch a game as a complete neutral can be pretty damn useful at times, and putting my personal opinion of the bloke aside, I thought that the little ginger **** was pure, unadulterated class. Ipswich's Owen Garvan was the only player to get anywhere near him in terms of performance/ability, however you want to put it.

Charlton were shocking, but Bailey was a shining light in a dire team. He put his foot on the ball in the middle, dictated the pace of Charlton's play, ran himself into the ground and spread the play with some gorgeous passes. He then topped it off with a neat finish for his goal in the 82nd. Ipswich fans around me were hugely complimentary of him. He's doing well.

He will be playing in the Premiership very soon mark my words.

He will be playing in the Premiership very soon mark my words.

Yep, Saw him play against Reading (I think) at the start of the season and was by far the best player on the pitch and I've got a Charlton supporting mate, who thinks he's amazing.

Get is "Dream Move" to the Premiership next.

His dream move, etc etc , yadda yadda, till the next one................

So what! The guy wanted to go forward in his career, he did his job for us and he did a bloody good job. I was gutted to lose him but you can't blame a player for wanting to go up a league. Campbell-Ryce did the same thing and wrongly got booed for doing nothing wrong and being a great servant to SUFC.

Now Bailey was not a Southend United fan and of course it is going to be a dream move for him he has gone from playing non league to playing for a well known ex premiership team in a very short space of time. He is a footballer and wants to progress and I wish him all the best. I would not boo him and think any Southend fan that boo's him is a disgrace, he didn't leave us to join Colchester in a dream move. He doesn't deserve to be booed.

Good Luck Bailey thats all I can say.

So what! The guy wanted to go forward in his career, he did his job for us and he did a bloody good job. I was gutted to lose him but you can't blame a player for wanting to go up a league. Campbell-Ryce did the same thing and wrongly got booed for doing nothing wrong and being a great servant to SUFC.

Now Bailey was not a Southend United fan and of course it is going to be a dream move for him he has gone from playing non league to playing for a well known ex premiership team in a very short space of time. He is a footballer and wants to progress and I wish him all the best. I would not boo him and think any Southend fan that boo's him is a disgrace, he didn't leave us to join Colchester in a dream move. He doesn't deserve to be booed.

Good Luck Bailey thats all I can say.

I didn't agree with JCR getting booed but he conducted himself better about the whole situation . He said that if he stayed at Southend he would have continued to give his all.

Bailey just struck me as being a bit of a tw*t about the whole thing saying that he wanted to go to Charlton (which he did, but you dont come out and say it)

Yes I do wish him all the best and hope to see him in the Premiership some day and who knows maybe an england call up ?!?!?

Completely different. JCR conducted himself in a professional manner, and you are right, he wrongly got booed on his return.

Bailey, on the other hand, while being owned and more importantly, paid by Southend United, refused to play in a game. That is completely separate, and it reminds me of the Berbatov situation. They are both complete and utter :censored:

I still have a great hatred towards Bailey. If he ever comes back to SUFC, I hope he receives the strongest "welcoming" SUFC fans have to offer. And if Clarke could go bulldozing through him and end his season it would be even better.

Bailey could've done better things by treating his transfer well. I respect Steve Hammell greatly, because he wrote a statement to the club website explaining why he chose to leave etc.. This is how football should be in my eyes, but obviously for some players, football is in the wallet and not the heart.

Bailey initially refused to play against Peterborough and then forced his move by phoning in sick hours before the Cheltenham game. I don't have a problem with our players trying to better themselves but there's no defending Bailey's actions as far as I can see.

In some way i want to see Bailey do well and get to the highest level but then i think his a money grabbing ****! If he would have conducted himself better throughout the transfer saga then i would wish him nothing but luck

In the end you can not fault a players for wanting to go up another level and try nad compete in a higher level. If Bailey had just came out and said 'Yes Chrlton are interested and I wud enjoy playing for Cahrlton because its the next step up. I have loved my time at Southend and would like to thank the fans for making me so welcom etc etc.....' then we wuld of gone thanks Nick for all your help and good luck. But not the ginger tosser throws his toys out the pram and has a hissy fit. It was like a 5 year old at Tescos wanting chocolate when he gets to the check out and his mum telling not now .

As for the JCR incident Ib wasnt there when he returned but he left admirably and that should not of happened. There was really no difference between the way he left and Freddy - and I am sure themsame people wouldnt boo Freddy on his return

Very good player but I have to say we've fallen on our feet with Christophe so I'm not really that bothered.

Hope Bailey progresses though so we get a nice fee bonus!!!

Bailey and Christophe would a have been a tidy pairing.. Having said that fk the judas tosser

In the end you can not fault a players for wanting to go up another level and try nad compete in a higher level. If Bailey had just came out and said 'Yes Chrlton are interested and I wud enjoy playing for Cahrlton because its the next step up. I have loved my time at Southend and would like to thank the fans for making me so welcom etc etc.....' then we wuld of gone thanks Nick for all your help and good luck. But not the ginger tosser throws his toys out the pram and has a hissy fit. It was like a 5 year old at Tescos wanting chocolate when he gets to the check out and his mum telling not now .

As for the JCR incident Ib wasnt there when he returned but he left admirably and that should not of happened. There was really no difference between the way he left and Freddy - and I am sure themsame people wouldnt boo Freddy on his return

And those people deserve a good kicking!! And I will be the first to challenge someone if they boo him, as I did the arrogant prick in front of me when he decided to boo JCR.

Like him or not as an individual, you must admit he's one of the better players we've had of late.

Completely different. JCR conducted himself in a professional manner, and you are right, he wrongly got booed on his return.

Bailey, on the other hand, while being owned and more importantly, paid by Southend United, refused to play in a game. That is completely separate, and it reminds me of the Berbatov situation. They are both complete and utter :censored:

I still have a great hatred towards Bailey. If he ever comes back to SUFC, I hope he receives the strongest "welcoming" SUFC fans have to offer. And if Clarke could go bulldozing through him and end his season it would be even better.

What he said AND the fact it caused a hell of a lot of disruption within the team etc....

And those people deserve a good kicking!! And I will be the first to challenge someone if they boo him, as I did the arrogant prick in front of me when he decided to boo JCR.

I booed Campbell-Ryce !

Not because he left, or wanted to leave, but because in the pre-season he did leave, he was a complete areshole..including calling Harrold a c-word on the pitch, disrespecting his team-mates and acting like he was some big man. He was a promising player but never did it for me in truth.. was glad he left...

Back