• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger done deal

He's become a Dad recently. Let's hope that's given him a kind of epiphany and he's woken up to the fact that this is really his final chance. I think he will prove to be a great asset alongside Akinola, and with Ricky Holmes getting in the mix too, we are starting to look a little more intimidating up front.

As it is a month to month contract we have little to lose and maybe a lot to gain. Him up front flicking on for Akinola, Holmes, ANG etc wouldn’t be too bad. We have all said Akinola needs support and with the best will in the world Emile doesn’t look to be that man (granted he had a good game at the weekend by his standards, but he needs more of those and more often hopefully that happens).

he Needs to move as well and create gaps for others and defenders will be wry about that, if he can do these things he could be a great asset. I say could here as it is unknown if he can but again that’s why a month to month contract is low risk for the club.

fingers crossed and welcome back Nile

He's become a Dad recently. Let's hope that's given him a kind of epiphany and he's woken up to the fact that this is really his final chance. I think he will prove to be a great asset alongside Akinola, and with Ricky Holmes getting in the mix too, we are starting to look a little more intimidating up front.

I did see he was posting pictures of a baby on his Instagram. Didn’t realise it was his though. Great news if so, because surely that is the exact motivation he needs to not **** up and show the world his talents and make something of the rest of his career.

But Nile has played football, this season in fact. He's also been training with us for over 2 months and meeting all the targets set, it's not like he's been sat on the sofa watching netflix eating kfc

One game.. he played one game for a Sunday league team. He’s been training yes but training and match fitness are two separate things.

I hope Nile Ranger scores a Hat trick and lays on some assists for Simeon, In his first game! COYB This is the team in my heart. I cannot let it go. We have been tested very severely over the last few years. I want to keep on believing and hope we can get out of this mess we are in. Nile Ranger, Ricky Holmes Welcome, all is forgiven we need you. At least Ricky won.t be scoring against us anymore! UTB :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter:

Agreed. Fatherhood puts perspective on everything. Nile must know it's his last chance - am sure the discussions between him, MM and Ron would have underlined this, and he knows it will be this. Or nothing.

I wish him well, as do I all players that pull on the navy blue shirt.

I did see he was posting pictures of a baby on his Instagram. Didn’t realise it was his though. Great news if so, because surely that is the exact motivation he needs to not **** up and show the world his talents and make something of the rest of his career.
You’d like to think he’d want to ‘do it’ for his kid even if not for himself.

hmmmm
Might need to exclude drink drive offences for this to be true
This may or may not be true - but hundreds of footballers, and many much loved premiership players, will fall foul of this standard regrettably. The point still stands- over the last 6 years if we want a rogues gallery of footballers who have committed serious offences in that time he's not going to register very high. As much as many would wish otherwise..

Last edited:
If Emile Acquah had been provided with as many chances on the pitch as Nile Ranger has had off it, we'd be comfortably in the top half.

If Emile Acquah had been provided with as many chances on the pitch as Nile Ranger has had off it, we'd be comfortably in the top half.
I take your point, but sadly (in my opinion) Emile doesnt help himself. If your playing one up front and not getting the service then you need to move and find the ball creating for other players. Emile is not very mobile and his touch is poor.

I like the lad and hope he develops but he needs to bring more to the table, he is easy to mark and easy to not worry about at times. His last game was a good start in moving forward, really hope he can keep that up.

Back