• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

North Bank

A fitting end to The Hall?

• Yes

Votes: 72 83.7%
  • No (state why?)

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Not Sure (state why?)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
I am not going to vote yet I want to know something first. I sit in the South Upper and wondering will I be effected?? Can I stay where I am??

Ricey, nothing is set in stone yet, we just raised the question with Ron at our meeting the other night and the club are now looking into possibilities..

In terms of will you be effected, not sure what you mean by that? If you mean will the south stand be handed over to away fans, then no, thats not an issue.

Ricey, nothing is set in stone yet, we just raised the question with Ron at our meeting the other night and the club are now looking into possibilities..

In terms of will you be effected, not sure what you mean by that? If you mean will the south stand be handed over to away fans, then no, thats not an issue.

Well if its not an issue cause I don't want to move from the South Upper than I will vote yes for you guys as I am 100% behind The Blue Voice. Just love my seat plus I can represent TBV of the SOUTH UPPER :D

Thats fair enough Ricey, TBV need fans around the whole ground to up the noise levels not just in a certain block.

Although a dedicated singing section is needed as a catalyst to create the noise that the rest of the ground can feed off. Where better to create this than the north bank...

This is key to getting the noise back at RH.

I will say those Cheerstick's went down a treat and I noticed a lot more noise with people banging them all through the game. But I think our problem is I noticed at yesterdays game I didn't recognise anyone around me all young kids who don't know the songs or weren't singing.

We need more people to be aware of TBV. Have you spoken to Ron about having a section in the programme about TBV and what they are trying to achieve??

Yeah we've already had a piece in the programme against oldham i think this will increase with time. We will have a TBV website up soon and more coverage in the local media.

Plus of course plenty of coverage on every sufc website known to man!

Hopefully everyone will have heard of us after the nice bit of marketing on the cheerstix yesterday!

The best advertisement is word of mouth though so we need all sufc fans to sing up and spread the word about what we are trying to achieve!

We'll do this together!

I will say those Cheerstick's went down a treat and I noticed a lot more noise with people banging them all through the game. But I think our problem is I noticed at yesterdays game I didn't recognise anyone around me all young kids who don't know the songs or weren't singing.

We need more people to be aware of TBV. Have you spoken to Ron about having a section in the programme about TBV and what they are trying to achieve??

Yep knowing the words is a bit of a problem for some but my daughters friend went yesterday and she hasnt been to a game before. It didnt take long for a 13 year old to work out atleast some of the words and those she didnt just joined in bashing the bam-bams....it aint that difficult surely.....the yoofs of today, I dunno.

I suspect the bam-bams are more expensive than balloons but work much better cos of the noise and lasting factor for the whole game. Well one of my demo bam bams deflated during the game.

As for me moving, not for me. Simply because if there is likely to be any standing my kiddies wont be able to see. Plus being old I doubt I could stand for a whole game anyway :eek:

However, if its a vote for the general idea then why not. I remember standing in the north and on the huge south bank. So it gets my support but I wont be moving.

smiffy, for the leeds game I've got a group of about 5 or 6 blokes coming along and they want to sit in the tbv section, will the club let me move my st for this game?

You wont have to bang the drum so hard if we was in the north either mate!

Get some gloves for saturday!

Was planning to bring some last saturday....but in my tired not with it state i forgot them......but definatly bringing some this weekend and will try to get to the game before kick off this time :finger:

When you guys going to find out either way about the north bank then lee ?

Doubt the club will let you move for one game mate. You could ring and ask though.

Alternatively transfer your season card permanently (free of charge) or buy a ticket for this game over in block v or w

Was planning to bring some last saturday....but in my tired not with it state i forgot them......but definatly bringing some this weekend and will try to get to the game before kick off this time :finger:

When you guys going to find out either way about the north bank then lee ?

Honest answer is I dont know mate.

Will take a lot of planning and consultation with various people.

Hopefully before the season ends though.

Don't forget the South Lower is an extension of the family stand & I would imagine there are a good 500 season tickets in the south lower.

If the South Lower was to be used for away fans then the family stand would also have to be moved.

I doubt the NW corner could be used for away fans, if it was you would only be able to use half the North Bank for a home section, due to the lack of entrance, exits, toilets etc.

Don't forget if the demand was there we could currently use the first two blocks of the North Bank (nearest the West Stand) for league matches, as per League One promotion season. They could be opened up as a Blue Voice section but as pointed out in other threads people are very unwilling to move form their current seats even for one game.

I'm a no for sitting in the North Bank. Brilliant area when standing , with your mates when younger.
Being older, watching with the wife and seated I would prefer the better view of the SU.

I am all for the idea, but i am concerned that the take up (maybe due to the C**p view) will be poor (as it was last time) and that this may actually do the cause regarding fans input more harm than good

to be honest i would probably just stick with the half-way line in the west, but would fully appreciate the noise and atmosphere from the north bank... however i like to be able to see the whole pitch

I'm a no for sitting in the North Bank. Brilliant area when standing , with your mates when younger.
Being older, watching with the wife and seated I would prefer the better view of the SU.

I am all for the idea, but i am concerned that the take up (maybe due to the C**p view) will be poor (as it was last time) and that this may actually do the cause regarding fans input more harm than good

Agreed. The North Bank was brilliant when it was standing but not sure i'm too keen on sitting there.

would diffinatly 100% sit in the north bank, im young so didnt get to sit there when it was for home fans but would love to sit there now though!!! i hate it when the away teams bring 300 fans and outsing us!! also this should make everyone want congregate tothger like when we used to have the north surley?? also smiffy or anyone who may no will the let me move my season ticket to the west? i am in south lower atm right the east sooo crap ive been buying tickets in the west the last few games but its quite expensive considering ive already got a ticket for the games

would diffinatly 100% sit in the north bank, im young so didnt get to sit there when it was for home fans but would love to sit there now though!!! i hate it when the away teams bring 300 fans and outsing us!! also this should make everyone want congregate tothger like when we used to have the north surley?? also smiffy or anyone who may no will the let me move my season ticket to the west? i am in south lower atm right the east sooo crap ive been buying tickets in the west the last few games but its quite expensive considering ive already got a ticket for the games

Ring the Ticket Office and ask mate, they will be more than happy to get you transferred over, you may have to pay any difference in price though (if there is any)

Back