• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

* ORM *

Still Loves Emma Bunton. Roy McDonough is God!
Flying the flag for SUFC in Sai Kung, Hong Kong
Me 5th away to a weaker team. Resting 3 first teamers for PFL but my new batsmen makes his debut. Should be strong enough to win this.

Have a keen eye on Sunday's cup opps. Depending on who they pick today I may have a stab at an upset on Sunday. If so I'll be throwing next weeks FC where realistically I'd only be picking up a few bonus points. I'm strong enough there to finish in my current position of 4th. With 2020 the week after all my first team then get a break.

First team squad is almost complete. I have one more bowler to add which won't be this season but once I have him I'll have a strong enough first team squad to both rotate and compete in FC and OD. My training regime seems to be spot on with new blood timing perfectly to replace old. By next season I should be at the stage, finally, where training can also incorporate a stamina net or two plus the odd net to throw at a bargain in the TM for pop and sale/profit purposes. Only regret is not starting BT at the same time as everyone else but I'm closing that gap month by month.

ShrimperZone CC v Amersham CC

Very tough game against a promoted side, they have two players that are better than any of mine, though we have a stronger squad. Chose not to GFI and it's a good start, they have two sacrificial lambs at the top but all they've doing is waste overs. Sunny day so if we can keep the score down we should be ok.

End of Over 5: 7-1, runrate=1.40
Digana 3-0-5-0
Carrick* 1 (1 balls)
Nickson 3 (10 balls)

Last Wicket: Carragher lbw b. Gustav 3 (FOW: 5/1)

BATTY SHRIMPERS v Red Herrings

We're 2nd, and put our 100% Od record on the line against the side in 5th, who've lost 2 of their 1st 3. Afetr this week's FC debacle, we've got a couple of PFL probs, so Tandy and Austin miss out. We're on GFI.

Red Herrings won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 6: 23-1, runrate=3.83
Bridge 3-1-10-1
Ingram* 8 (7 balls)
Nagendranath 9 (15 balls)

Last Wicket: Evelyn lbw b. Bridge 2 (FOW: 10/1)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DIBS DIPPERS v Seaside Special

Top of the table Mrs BB takes on the side in 4th. She's at full-strength on a GFI, as she had a BOT in FC this week.

Seaside Special won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 6: 33-0, runrate=5.50
Toulson 3-0-16-0
Tyson* 19 (20 balls)
Carden 14 (16 balls)

Main bat comes in and ups the run rate.

End of Over 8: 29-1, runrate=3.63
Gustav 4-1-14-1
Nickson* 7 (17 balls)
Carrick 18 (12 balls)

Last Wicket: Carragher lbw b. Gustav 3 (FOW: 5/1)

Southend United v Park Avenue CC

Tough game against the league leaders who have won all three games so far. Chose to GFI

We can tell you that Southend United won the toss and elected to bat. The pitch is looking quite cracked! A field day for the seam bowlers I would reckon on this sunny day.

Let’s join our team for ball-by-ball commentary.

End of Over 10: 47-0, runrate=4.70
Grabben 5-0-26-0
Joost* 18 (24 balls)
Marcel 28 (36 balls)

General Stars -vs- Cumbrian Cougers

Ive won 2 out of 3 and my oppo, who are a strong unit, have tied one and lost the other 2, but their 2 losses have been fairly unlucky. Ive taken the defensive approach (which i think MrB mentioned the other day IIRC) and set bowlers to defensive or very defensive and just going to look to chase any sort of total! Its a sunny day in Essex but on my uneven pitch. Got £425k in reciepts after my ground expansion which is about 80k more than normal!

End of Over 11: 32-1, runrate=2.91
Mbata 6-0-23-0
Elford* 14 (28 balls)
Grahame 16 (30 balls)

Last Wicket: Harris b. Richardson 1 (FOW: 12/1)

Not bowling too well at the mo. Spinners are on and only slightly slowing RR. Only gone with 2 spinners today. One wicket down and if I can get the other opener currently scoring at a run a ball I suspect I'll gain control of the game. Can't afford to lose this.

Going well after the early loss of Evelyn, new signing Ingram repays some of his 1.4m transfer fee with a 50 on Dayboo

Red Herrings won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Cracked

End of Over 22: 136-1, runrate=6.18
Bhanage 1-0-8-0
Ingram* 63 (58 balls)
Nagendranath 66 (60 balls)

Last Wicket: Evelyn lbw b. Bridge 2 (FOW: 10/1)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slight stutter for Mrs BB as she lost 2 in 2, but another partnership building now.

Seaside Special won the toss and elected to field.
Pitch: Dusty

End of Over 22: 116-2, runrate=5.27
Toulson 6-0-32-0
Tyson* 68 (66 balls)
Hutton 20 (34 balls)

Last Wicket: Stride st. Barnard b. Crow 0 (FOW: 66/2)

If we can nick out one of these we just have an 18k bat to get and it's into their extensive tail.

End of Over 25: 110-3, runrate=4.40
Marriott 6-0-27-1
Machungo* 30 (38 balls)
Forster 15 (26 balls)

Southend v Bob's Buffoons

This is the sort of game that will define the season for me, as the title is up for grabs this term. On GFI and put into bat, cracked pitch on a sunny day.

End of Over 25: 137-0, runrate=5.48
Windsor 3-0-13-0
Dowe* 68 (84 balls)
Tsietsi 69 (66 balls)

End of Over 25: 86-1, runrate=3.44
Waters 6-1-19-0
Grahame* 35 (61 balls)
Elford 46 (81 balls)

Happy with this!

End of Over 31: 144-3, runrate=4.65
Mean 6-0-16-0
Pembridge* 30 (45 balls)
Wilkinson 32 (58 balls)

Last Wicket: Montgomery Run Out 2 (FOW: 98/3)

Hmm, what's a competitive total on a green pitch on a sunny day? I still haven't figured out the new match engine.

Given a debut to the £8.5m man though.

Hmm, what's a competitive total on a green pitch on a sunny day? I still haven't figured out the new match engine.
I think the weather has more influence than the pitch so you probably want 250 on the board at least.

Spinners are keeping the run rate in check, still need that wicket though.

End of Over 34: 137-3, runrate=4.03
Benjamin 7-0-27-1
Forster* 28 (48 balls)
Machungo 43 (71 balls)

Last Wicket: Nickson c. Lamey b. Marriott 27 (FOW: 64/3)

End of Over 38: 133-1, runrate=3.50
Johnson 9-1-31-0
Grahame* 54 (98 balls)
Elford 70 (122 balls)

OFF TOPIC!!!! Are we certain friendlies are PFL free?? Im sure i read on the bugs forum that many people didnt think they were and it was something that Allan was looking into.....

OFF TOPIC!!!! Are we certain friendlies are PFL free?? Im sure i read on the bugs forum that many people didnt think they were and it was something that Allan was looking into.....
Hadn't seen that. I'll do some investigating....

Back