• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ayrshire Blue

The Custard Splat
The result last night didn’t bother me too much because we created enough chances and on another night we could of won 4-1.

If there are any zoners who referee at some level, I would like to hear your views on this.

But what is really beginning to get to me is the standard of officiating in The Football League. In just the second minute last night Anthony Grant was kicked straight up in the air played no part of the ball right infront of the linesman who told Grant to “Get up he didn’t touch you”.

Just a few minutes later Marc Laird lunged in two footed at Christophe taking him out right infront of the referee this time and appeals were waved away and Christophe was also just told to get up.

In my Sunday league team I have seen players sent off for far worse than that such as slipping on a wet surface and catching someone a bit late.

So how does a blatant two footed lunge go un-punished ?

Any ref at Roots Hall seems to constantly get mugged off by the away team, In the second half when there ‘keeper kicked the ball against his own player and Christophe had a go from long range, the ‘keeper then goes down holding his face when quite clearly no one had touched his face.

It’s embarrassing to watch a professional footballer doing that.

Towards the end of the game Mildenhall called over to the lino to ask him how long was left. The lino who looked at both his watches before replying “I don’t know”.

Are they that bad or that bent ?

The only thing I will say well done to the officials for is the fourth official last night is the only one who has made the away teams subs put bibs on when warming up in the same colour as Southend are playing in.

Another thing I would like to say about last night is why do our stewards let away fans do what they want ?

I saw at least 3 bottles thrown at our stewards after the game last night and advertising boards pulled down and the stewards just stand there. From what I read after the Stockport away game this year and the way some of our fans for not sitting down and we let fans throw bottles and tear things down and they stay in the stand.

No Bottle

The officials were hapless last night I agree. They were awful for both sides as well. We got a couple of baffling decisions, but Millwall got away with an awful lot. What an unattractive, thugish team they are.

I thought the ref got most of the free kicks correct, however he should have booked a couple of their players for constant fouling - not particularly dangerous tackles but far too many of them.

Whitbread was very lucky to stay on the pitch given his tackle just outside the area two minutes before he actually did get booked should have been a yellow itself.

The only problem I had with the ref was that fact he ignored Millwall's timewasting (bar the booking at the end for the guy moving the ball from Mildenhall).

all these ***** league one teams kick Granty cos his feet are too quick for them - thats why he goes down ... to try and make the point ...

it seems at this level you get refs not good enough to progress cos they don't read the game -

The officials were hapless last night I agree. They were awful for both sides as well. We got a couple of baffling decisions, but Millwall got away with an awful lot. What an unattractive, thugish team they are.

Think the team reflected their fans. All their fans look the same, only have two songs and perpetuate the fact "no one likes them" by being unpleasant and going on about it the whole game.

Apparently it's only a minority of fans, ask Hull and I doubt if they will agree.

And yes, that tackle on Grant after a couple of minutes right in front of me was unbelievable. Mind you so was the linesman, all he did was right in his little book.

I thought the ref got most of the free kicks correct, however he should have booked a couple of their players for constant fouling - not particularly dangerous tackles but far too many of them.

Whitbread was very lucky to stay on the pitch given his tackle just outside the area two minutes before he actually did get booked should have been a yellow itself.

The only problem I had with the ref was that fact he ignored Millwall's timewasting (bar the booking at the end for the guy moving the ball from Mildenhall).

Agree with that, Whitbread extremely lucky imo to stay on the pitch. Grant plays for fouls to be fair, not saying some of them aren't genuine, but I did think the officials weren't TOO bad last night. Apart from the West lino - who was very poor - as Peter Clarke so succinctly put it to him "you haven't got a f***ing clue!"

Agree with that, Whitbread extremely lucky imo to stay on the pitch. Grant plays for fouls to be fair, not saying some of them aren't genuine, but I did think the officials weren't TOO bad last night. Apart from the West lino - who was very poor - as Peter Clarke so succinctly put it to him "you haven't got a f***ing clue!"

Trust me, the lino in front of the East Stand was much, much worse.

The tackle on Granty was right under his nose and he gave nothing, which is the same as the ref. He gave at least 3 decisions Millwall's way which the ref reversed in our favour. The ref gave a few decisions that the lino, who was closer, didn't give.

The standard of officiating is embarrasing, it really is.

Must admit, the ref gave some very strange decisions both ways last night. I think he favoured us first half, then Millwall second half. Should have been a lot more bookings as well, Granty was taken out 4 times in the first half alone.

I dont think Millwall did themselves any favours with the ref yesterday, he let a lot of their fouls go early on but they just kept kicking people and I think he got fed up with them, and started booking people, rightly so my opinion.How the challenge on Grant from behind didn't deserve a booking is behind me.

If the ref kept to the rules then I think their whole team would have got a yellow card and two would have got straight reds. Did anyone else see the stamp on Moussa in the area? If he had yellow carded the person who fouled Grant in the first two minutes, which he clearly deserved to, then the game would not have gotten out of control. Clearly the ref had no balls!

Their keeper should of gotten booked for time-wasting only after near on the tenth time the ref said hurry up

If the ref kept to the rules then I think their whole team would have got a yellow card and two would have got straight reds. Did anyone else see the stamp on Moussa in the area? If he had yellow carded the person who fouled Grant in the first two minutes, which he clearly deserved to, then the game would not have gotten out of control. Clearly the ref had no balls!

Yes, I saw the stamp too - there was a lot went unpunished, but then we did also have Peter Clarke doing his usual manhandling and getting away with it in the main - there's a class example of it in the pics on the OS!

Yes, I saw the stamp too - there was a lot went unpunished, but then we did also have Peter Clarke doing his usual manhandling and getting away with it in the main - there's a class example of it in the pics on the OS!

True. When their keeper had 2 hands on it and Betsy just kicked it out his hands!

Back