• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend v the favourites to win the League. 16th Sept. 1995.
Footnote: Attendance for this game against Wolves (Division 1 equivalent to today’s Championship) 6,322.
Attendance for Saturday’s game against Gateshead in the National League, three divisions lower than the above game, 6,765.

Blues fans, take a bow.

Footnote: Attendance for this game against Wolves (Division 1 equivalent to today’s Championship) 6,322.
Attendance for Saturday’s game against Gateshead in the National League, three divisions lower than the above game, 6,765.

Blues fans, take
Must have been more than 38 Wolves fans as well!!
Not 100% sure but I think our lowest Div 1 crowd was Stans debut v Notts County

Ah -- Mick Gooding . He was Alan Little's player / assistant manager back in 1999 - Southend United supporters played a pre season match at Boots n Laces against the full 1st team squad. Before the match Gooding came into our supporters' changing room to say enjoy the match lads , go easy on the tackles + lets have a good clean match.
Well , Just before half time the Supporters scored a goal back to make it 3-1 to the 1st team. Little bought on a whole new team at HT , one of whom was Gooding who then spent the next 45 minutes absolutely kicking lumps out of any supporter player he could get near to. It was unbelievable! - just as bad as in the clip above!!!

I was like you, BBBL,in the west stand....holding the BEST team in the world with over 30,000 fans in the ground.
Now we find it hard against Nat league teams!!! How our "mighty" have fallen
Yes, what a night, never get bored reading about it, especially with Motty's passing and our present financial problems. For me, got back from my London job in time for a good place but, in hindsight a poor decision, asked my girlfriend at the time would she like to come, but she was held up as a hairdresser in Chalkwell!!! As the lines got longer and longer I was looking at my watch in disbelief, no mobiles then, deciding not to join the queue in case I missed her. Eventually joining across the road close to the Blue Boar, 19.00 time I think, a good 45 mts after I'd got back ☹ Anyway, did make it at half time squashed at the back of a west side corner of the south bank, very cold, and like many others watched more on the highlights later that evening. Remember a huge roar while waiting to get in, Parkers chance I wonder? The girlfriend, well we stayed together for a few more years, but she never went to another game 😏

Back