• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Up in the loft somewhere I have all the season videos from about 1989 through to 2001, plus the Collymore one.

I wonder if the club has ever considered remastering them on DVD as a box set.

Not a bad idea. The initial era includes the 4th and 3rd division promotion years under Webby and the original years in Division 2, as it was then, so I'd think there would be a fair number of takers.

Sincere apologies if this has been posted before, but I have never seen this and didn't even know it existed. The 4-4 draw with Northampton Town :-

I have this game on a video along with Southend v Wolves when Martin Ling scored the winner and Southend v Wolves when Paul Clark did that tackle on Steve Bull , also the Danny Greaves testermonial when Frank Bruno and Jimmy Greaves played , problem is when I moved 6 years ago it became lost , I am sure it is in my daughters basement .

The only bloody home game I couldn't go to that season. Bloody typical.

I've been fortunate to watch many great games at Roots Hall over the decades, with some great wins & fantastic memories.
But i have to say, that game from start to finish, was probably the most exciting game i've seen over 90 mins. ( And that includes the wins over Villa, Wigan in 80's when 0-2 down, won 3-2, Tottenham, Man Utd, etc ).

I wonder if the club has ever considered remastering them on DVD as a box set.
Bloody good idea that. Not just a transfer but some interviews narrarive and info of the times. Would make a nice watch and bring in some cash for the club.

The more I think about it, the more it could work and yes, include some interviews and other footage of the time, as well.

I really think it would sell quite well and could command a half decent price, as well.

Like you Andy, I have a number of club VHS videos of seasons in the 1990s, but also the complete game played to clinch promotion at Stockport in 1987.

They could do the same for the Man U game and the Playoff final, Audio commentary from ITS DUNCAN JUPP, ITS DUNCAN JUPP! GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL

A flash back to the Millennium Stadium 2005 against Wrexham. Not really sure how we lost this game? If I remember rightly, Foster had a world class game. Anyhow we got promoted that season so this day out was easily forgotten.
My dear friend Graham King accompanied me for the match (on the right). Graham had played for Chelmsford City back in the 70's. Sadly Graham passed away a few years ago lost to cancer. Graham actually took his coaching badges with Peter Reid, though he never managed. He was understudy to Peter Collins (ex Spurs) at Chelmsford. I miss him big time. Me & Graham.jpg

Back