• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southendsleeper

Manager
A game of two halves.

Dodgy first half, too much hoofing it out of defence and hoping that Gray or Goater would get on the end of it. Nathan Jones got a nice reception, his constant back chat to the ref earned him the crowds ire. A dodgy reffing decision lead to a free kick, which unfortunately they scored by. We played well just couldnt finish. Dead atmosphere.

The fans who booed at half time. You know who you are and should be ashamed, short term memories and a distinct lack of faith.

The PA bloke is still crap. Christ alone knows who scored the second goal if we had to depend on him. He sounds like he's reading a menu and his timing is off.

The new way to get through the turnstiles is very fancy
wink.gif

Now onto the important bit. We just stepped up a gear and kept on going. Guttridge for me man of the match his control, turning with the ball fantastic. Maher's controlled passing and great free kick delivery. Barrett still keeps passing to the opposition but did some fantastic shot stopping. Campbell Ryce showed some good touches and can run well with the ball in the short time he was on. Freddy missed a sitter, a fantastic cross from Gray. After that though he was on fire, racing through the defence twice to put it past the keeper. For the last goal Bentley ran through the defence lost the ball yet chased straight after it got it back, his perserverence paying off.

I lost my voice shouting, I can just about feel my hands from clapping. The smile on Tilly's face just about said it all.

Yeah first half awful, long balls all over the shop. Great 2nd half though.

Lots of games seem to be tales of two halves at moment!

Smith and C-Ryce both looked good when they came on.

Freddy looked hungry and took his goals well.

I think you will find the booing was aimed at the ref and not the team.For the awful decision that cost us a goal and rightly so. Up the Blues
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif

The half time booing was for the referee, I suspect. thats what the booing around me in the east Back seemed to be about.

Incidently, I thought it probably was a freekick. Well, it was a 50/50 decision, certainly not as clear cut as the reaction from the fans suggested it was.

Second half was the best Southend performance I can ever remember. We just looked so, so good. Jay Smith looked so classy when he came on, Guttridge was as busy as ever, Bents & Maher were as solid as ever, JCR looked exciting (although is clearly a right-winger rather than a left-winger). Barrett looks back to his best and up front Gray was just brilliant.

Props to flavs too, for a brilliant save at 0-0. thought that was in for sure.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueritethru @ Sep. 27 2005,22:20)]I think you will find the booing was aimed at the ref and not the team.For the awful decision that cost us a goal and rightly so. Up the Blues  
laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
But he was blind not deaf
tounge.gif

I didnt hear him called a w%%%%r until the second half

Oh and we did the easy chant again
suspect.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blueritethru @ Sep. 27 2005,22:20)]I think you will find the booing was aimed at the ref and not the team.For the awful decision that cost us a goal and rightly so. Up the Blues
laugh.gif
biggrin.gif
i was going to say exactly the same thing
the ref was awful, along with the lino on the east stand

It was superb second half. Probably a bit harsh on Yeovil in the end but never mind!

Everyone is really playing well at the moment and its great that we can bring on anyone and they can do a job. Good to see Freddie back on the scoresheet, especially after that earlier miss!!
oops.gif

I admit i did the easy chant as well, but at four one which is the appropiate time to do it!

Fantastic. 2nd half was as good as I have ever seen at Roots Hall. So nice to finally bury that Yeovil jinx.

As I came out of Roots Hall tonight I thought back to just two years ago when we were bottom of the League had that idiot Wignall in charge and looked to be on our way to the Conference how things have changed.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ Sep. 27 2005,22:34)]Fantastic. 2nd half was as good as I have ever seen at Roots Hall. So nice to finally bury that Yeovil jinx.

As I came out of Roots Hall tonight I thought back to just two years ago when we were bottom of the League had that idiot Wignall in charge and looked to be on our way to the Conference how things have changed.
Right on CS ! Can't argue with that.

The first half was amongst the most disappointing seen at the Hall for many a while. Credit to Yeovil, I thought they played us off the park and we were forced to resort to long ball tactics.

Something obviously worked at HT because right from the kick off everyone seemed to work out that if you put the ball on the deck and play the sweet passing football we know we are capable of there is NO-ONE in this division that can get anywhere near us.

Almost lost for words here. Just hoping Gutts injury is nothing serious. My M-o-M by miles with great performances from Edwards (again !), Gray, Hunt and Maher.

Another 9 wins should guarantee survival.
laugh.gif

i thought we were unlucky not to score in the first half. cant believe the goat didnt score after about 15 mins. then a little later looked like the ball was cleard off the line twice. had a great view of waynes goal, looked liked it was going wide untill a shane warne type spin sent it into the net

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Beefy @ Sep. 27 2005,22:22)]Incidently, I thought it probably was a freekick. Well, it was a 50/50 decision, certainly not as clear cut as the reaction from the fans suggested it was.
Not a free kick from where i was sitting. Thought Super Kev won the ball fairly and squarely...still no pooint moaning about it....it certainly did the trick!

What can I say. I can't remember the last time we played as well as we did in the second half. We were awesome and they just couldn't cope with us as we ripped their defence apart in the later stages.

Even super-sceptic old me is starting to think we might do more than just consolidate this season.....

But I'll soon banish those thoughts!!!!

A fantastic game, with Yeovil doing their bit by always trying to keep the ball on the deck.  They won't be in relegation trouble for long...  Their number 12 (the right back) had another good game - played as well as he did at the back end of last season at the Hall...

Tilly has got the hardest job in football at the moment - who does he leave out?  With Gray and Eastwood both coming off the bench to score twice in the last two games, does this mean a "rest" for Goater against the Gills?

The whole squad is suddenly looking strong - the five sitting on the bench could all have started the game, and no one would have complained at all.  The three subs (Smith, Eastwood and JCR) wouldn't have looked out of place at all starting, and with Jupp, Gower, Lawson and Petts not making the final 16, barring any long term injuries, more than a season of conciliation could be on the cards...

Now, when is the LDV First Round  
rock.gif

First game iv been to this season, firstly i was amazed at the computer turnstyles, then by not being able to get a seat in west stand, ended up in that bit over the wall thats ussualy closed off, first half was boring with the long balls.
Substitutes were amazing, jay smiths first touch nearly made a goal with a great ball down the wing, JCR looked promising and wanted to take on teh defenders, Eastwood finished like a Premier$hite player like the old times.
Gutts was my motm, covered every blade of grass and his passing has been amazing whenever iv seen him. Barrett was dieing for the team blocking off everything and winning every single header, flavs kept us in it with a few decent stops.
Defence played very well, all were solid.
What topped the night off was my mate gettin egged out of a car on thee way home
tounge.gif

On that 2nd half display, wer going up!

Back