• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Kenny

Thailand Shrimper
I popped in the club shop before the game yesterady to have a look around. Was impressed with the refit, however the queue for the counter was massive and I bumped into pboreham who pointed there was 1 person behind the counter!

I like what the club have done with the executive boxes. In the past one of the biggest criticisms of going in there is that you lose the atmosphere, but by fitting sliding windows on them you can now let the Roots Hall Roar in as you enjoy your prawn sandwiches.

I thought the idea of the snazzy new font on the players shirts was that the Football League said it was more distinctive, I couldn't make diddly squat on those Port Vale shirts.

Bluebelles - They mainly looked quite tidy but like all groups of girls they've suddenly thrown in a token short fat dumpy one!

Font was ridiculous, I agree. The first thing I wondered though was why we'd put Real Madrid letters/numbers on our backs!

Very true about the shop. I went in their for the first time yesterday at about 1:55 all prepared to buy the new away shirt, only to see a stupidly long queue thanks to one person serving. I thought shove this and will attempt to buy it at the Huddersfield game when hopefully the novelty will have warn off a bit.

I made exactly the same comment about the Port Vale shirts. There are new Premier League rules where teams aren't allowed to have stripes on the back of their shirts so you can clearly see the names and numbers. The Football League should follow suit after what they looked like on the back of that shirt.

Agree about the selection of BlueBelles as well. That short dumpy blond one couldn't seem to walk without posing. Possibly the most unlikely looking BlueBelle we've ever had! Anyone think she looked a bit like the white member of that Daphne & Celeste pair that were around ages ago!? Shame my personal fave Amy spent the half time break being chatted up by Dave instead of performing but there you go.
sad.gif
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Scrivs said that weren't a real Blue Bell lol - it was someone working for the Echo doing article, so don't be to harsh on her lol.

As for the que in the shop, i can only appologise, unfortunatly there was one till installed, which slows everthing down, and we're all still getting used to it. They have asked for a second till to be put in, so queing times will drop, when it comes or if it comes i have no idea though. Hope you liked the new shop though
smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 07 2005,19:39)]The Football League should follow suit after what they looked like on the back of that shirt.
Totally agree. They should also make a rule that teams can only wear either black or white shirts then everything written on the shirts could be seen by the advertisers and the armchair enthusiasts. Or perhaps all the players could wear sandwich boards? Or have neon signs on their heads?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 07 2005,20:27)]Scrivs said that weren't a real Blue Bell lol - it was someone working for the Echo doing article, so don't be to harsh on her lol.
I'm afraid to say she may have been in on merit. I got the impression that the Echo reporter was the one far right on the official site pictures.

As for Amy, was she injured?

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 07 2005,20:40)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 07 2005,20:27)]Scrivs said that weren't a real Blue Bell lol - it was someone working for the Echo doing article, so don't be to harsh on her lol.
I'm afraid to say she may have been in on merit.  I got the impression that the Echo reporter was the one far right on the official site pictures.

As for Amy, was she injured?

down.gif
Yeah, Dave said the one on the far right in the pic was the Echo reporter, where as the short blond dumpy one was second from the left on the Official Site.

As for Amy, she's been made the new 'leader' or something so she might not perform as much. Dave would have a better idea as they seem so chummy though.  
oops.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

maybe the club are gradually phasing out the Bluebelles one by one and replacing them with the Roly Polys.
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 07 2005,20:47)]As for Amy, she's been made the new 'leader' or something so she might not perform as much. Dave would have a better idea as they seem so chummy though.
oops.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
How's that a good move? She isn't the most popular because of her carefully thought out routine preparations!

Can we not make the afore-mentioned roly-poly the leader cos she looked the best technically. Honest. I'm sure Dave would be happy with that change

cool.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufcintheprem @ Aug. 07 2005,20:51)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Andy_S @ Aug. 07 2005,20:47)]As for Amy, she's been made the new 'leader' or something so she might not perform as much. Dave would have a better idea as they seem so chummy though.  
oops.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif
How's that a good move?  She isn't the most popular because of her carefully thought out routine preparations!

Can we not make the afore-mentioned roly-poly the leader cos she looked the best technically.  Honest.  I'm sure Dave would be happy with that change

cool.gif
laugh.gif

Just passing on what I know from someone who knows most of the girls. It's a step forward though because she left altogether a few months back.
blues.gif

Amy has a bad back she was telling me, so she sat out yesterday's dance. I was just being friendly as she's broken up with her boyfriend so I was a shoulder to cry on -
tounge.gif

When i was printing the players shirt the otherday (big head), i thought the numbers looked alright. Coz of the big weekends logo on they look a bit close together though. Thought some of the numbers looked a bit wried though, like the "7"

Seeing Vales kit, u could see the black lines running through the numbers, and couldnt see them that well, and agree they should of had an all black or all yellow back.

Sheffield United followed suit, they now have a red back, instead of striped.

Not too keen on the new lettering, but will get it done on my new shirts still,:) was a bit annoyed as i printed on my homeshirt last season, and it don't have big weekends on it. Do i buy a new shirt? lol

oh, i see the conversations changed. lol

Dave, whats the Average age of the Bluebells, they seem to get younger every month. lol

Leeboy - we got plenty of XL polo's in Blue (nike ones)

Tilly come in the otherday, and wiped out our nike polo stock, but returned xl mens as they were too big for the players, there might be a couple of other sizes, what size u after?

the xl look very large

rock.gif
some look around 16ish lol, but spose from south upper they would. But still its a nice thing to watch at half time
wink.gif
you can't help but watch
haha

Leeboy - if we aint got your size when you come in, we are supposed to have deliverys alot more reg then we did before. All our stock is linked to an Epos system which alerts the supplier what we are low on stock. But we're open 9:30-17:00 mon-fri, and now open Saturdays 10-3, which means i miss Bradford and Walsall
sad.gif
sad.gif
lol

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Steve_Clubshop @ Aug. 07 2005,21:13)]18
rock.gif
some look around 16ish lol, but spose from south upper they would. But still its a nice thing to watch at half time  
wink.gif
 you can't help but watch
haha

Leeboy - if we aint got your size when you come in, we are supposed to have deliverys alot more reg then we did before. All our stock is linked to an Epos system which alerts the supplier what we are low on stock. But we're open 9:30-17:00 mon-fri, and now open Saturdays 10-3, which means i miss Bradford and Walsall
sad.gif
sad.gif
lol
A nice thing to watch? Mate, you need to get laid!!!!!!!!

i'll have a look tommorrow, but think they all went, but when i find out the delivery date, i can post on here, i want a large one of them aswell, so i want them to come in quick lol.

Sat 10-3 every week, as there are now 7 memebers of staff, but i'm defo going to Forrest, i made a list of games i wanna go to, wheter i can get time off to go to em is another question, i was hoping to go to all of them
sad.gif
oh well)

Amys single now? lol how long you gunner wait to ask her out....lol

Back