• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Our job as Fans

Our job as Fans................

Is to not stand by the tunnel as the players come off and 'abuse them'. If the little chav that I grabbed by the scruff of the neck for shouting 'w****rs and c**ts' at the youngsters (think he was directing it at Crawford, O'Keefe and Paterson) as they came off shows his face at another Southend match and opens his gob in the same manner, I will (as I promised him face to face) remove his testicles and shove them down his throat!

These kids are not to blame, they were out there trying their best.

First time in a long, long time that I nearly 'lost it'.

did you apolagise to the little chav you grabbed by the scruff of the neck & threatened ?! i hope he is O.K.

Clearly the financial situation at the club is having an affect but to lay all the blame at Rons door is a cop out. Was it Ron who was manager when Paynter, Hooper and Macdonald all looked like they were best suited to park football but as soon as they left started banging in the goals? Is it Ron who picks Adam Barrett week after week even though he can't defend (last time we won he was suspended!!!)
A manager has to make difficult decisions in difficult circumstances in all walks of life not just football and motivate the staff. When things are going badly is when the best managers earn their corn and really prove their worth. Tilly looks like he has given up when he is most needed!

joke thread. you can opinions on whose to blame as much as you want.. but the support that the team has had in the last month i think (in majority) has been pretty brilliant in the last 3 to 4 games. As a whole the fans have done their job for the last month, admittedly maybe not before but there was a general pull of resources and support... so we've done our bit of the bargain where was the players side today.. no passion, no committment, nothing! absolute **** all!!! and people can say its understandable that moral is low, they haven't been played etc blah blah.. but if their a 'team', then however bad it gets they play 'AS a team' and 'FOR the team' because that is the only way things are ever going to improve short term.. and they didn't give a **** today!!! yes we have probably the worst squad of technical players in living memory but if they'd got stuck in and worked for each other like they should it could well have been a different story.

i feel completely let down, and although the 'chav' that was mouthing out at the players abusing them was out of order, i don't really blame him for his feelings because right now i wouldn't mind getting a couple of those players today and ripping their testicles off.

i feel cheated, disappointed and worst of all... embarrassed to be a southend fan!

clearly the financial situation at the club is having an affect but to lay all the blame at rons door is a cop out. Was it ron who was manager when paynter, hooper and macdonald all looked like they were best suited to park football but as soon as they left started banging in the goals? is it ron who picks adam barrett week after week even though he can't defend (last time we won he was suspended!!!)
a manager has to make difficult decisions in difficult circumstances in all walks of life not just football and motivate the staff. When things are going badly is when the best managers earn their corn and really prove their worth. Tilly looks like he has given up when he is most needed!

funny that paul clarke said he was the only player keeping us in it on the radio

funny that paul clarke said he was the only player keeping us in it on the radio

No one kept us 'in it' today. Barrett and Baldwin were all over the place at the back, they made their 2 donkeys up front look almost good at times! One of the worst performances I've seen from Barrett. I don't doubt that he cares but he was poor today.

Bollocks!

Its our job as fans to know what the **** is going on with our club.

I will not be placid, I will not rollover, I will not 'be supportive' for the sake of it.

The club I love is being extremely ****ed over and I want to know who is responsible!

Last edited:
Clearly the financial situation at the club is having an affect but to lay all the blame at Rons door is a cop out. Was it Ron who was manager when Paynter, Hooper and Macdonald all looked like they were best suited to park football but as soon as they left started banging in the goals? Is it Ron who picks Adam Barrett week after week even though he can't defend (last time we won he was suspended!!!)
A manager has to make difficult decisions in difficult circumstances in all walks of life not just football and motivate the staff. When things are going badly is when the best managers earn their corn and really prove their worth. Tilly looks like he has given up when he is most needed!

Completely agree Barrett can't defend i could do a better job. The only reason hes in the team is because he loves the club and is a fan favourite.'

TrueBlue personal abusive comments towards me are completely out of order.

I would have thought that such a big Southend fan as yourself would understand that IF Tilson and the players leave, we will be in Darlington's position this time next year.

Care to explain what you suggest we "rebuild" with? Buttons?

Not out of order I have thought of you as a pillock for some time

Sorry George but im not with you here.

Ron Martin and his complete lack of funding have without question caused the bulk of the problems but the players have to shoulder some of the blame too.

How many times have we failed to kill of poor opposition at home, How many silly reds have we had that have cost us dearly, How many goals have our stikers actually scored?

A lot of the players are simply not good enough and I can kind of cope with that but when you see them like I did today not really giving a **** despite being in a relegation battle its hurts like ****. The bulk of them trudged off like naughty school boys at the end and I think that says it all. That is not aimed at the younger lads like Crawford, herd etc.

Completely agree Barrett can't defend i could do a better job. The only reason hes in the team is because he loves the club and is a fan favourite.'

Are you an idiot? Have you ever watched football in your life? Barrett saved our arses on more than one occasion, it's not his bloody fault he hasn't had a regular partner at CB all season.

Sorry George but im not with you here.

Ron Martin and his complete lack of funding have without question caused the bulk of the problems but the players have to shoulder some of the blame too.

How many times have we failed to kill of poor opposition at home, How many silly reds have we had that have cost us dearly, How many goals have our stikers actually scored?

A lot of the players are simply not good enough and I can kind of cope with that but when you see them like I did today not really giving a **** despite being in a relegation battle its hurts like ****. The bulk of them trudged off like naughty school boys at the end and I think that says it all. That is not aimed at the younger lads like Crawford, herd etc.

I agree with your points Dave.

My point is based around the fact that turning on Tilly and the players to get rid of them, is not going to help us, as Ron will only replace them with even worse, and we could be looking at non league this time next year.

I am just as hurt and frustrated as everyone else with some of the "performances" we have been treated to this season, but our decision is now if we continue to support Tilly and boys, or make it worse.

Not out of order I have thought of you as a pillock for some time

Ah your maturity shines through.

I don't see how direct comments similar to either of yours to another poster is reasonable, when we are all on the same side.

In addition, do you have an answer to how we rebuild?

Ah your maturity shines through.

I don't see how direct comments similar to either of yours to another poster is reasonable, when we are all on the same side.

In addition, do you have an answer to how we rebuild?

Not on my side

Rebuild = we go down we remove tilson we get a new guy in somebody with different ideas somebody else 6 years 2 promotions and soon to be 2 RELEGATIONS back to where we started

WE never replaced key players when there was money avalible

Eastwood (granted hard to find somebody as good)
Gower
Clarke
JCR

They were decent players who are now applying their trade at a higher level THE RIGHT PLAYERS WERE NOT SIGNED TO FILL THESE LOSSES thats not Rons fault ITS TILSONS

not on my side

rebuild = we go down we remove tilson we get a new guy in somebody with different ideas somebody else 6 years 2 promotions and soon to be 2 relegations back to where we started

we never replaced key players when there was money avalible

eastwood (granted hard to find somebody as good)
gower
clarke
jcr

they were decent players who are now applying their trade at a higher level the right players were not signed to fill these losses thats not rons fault its tilsons

ok own up whats martin paying you had anymore cosy meetings lately?

TrueBlue personal abusive comments towards me are completely out of order.

I would have thought that such a big Southend fan as yourself would understand that IF Tilson and the players leave, we will be in Darlington's position this time next year.

Care to explain what you suggest we "rebuild" with? Buttons?

completly agree with you dont get trueblues problem getting personal over divided opinions

They were decent players who are now applying their trade at a higher level THE RIGHT PLAYERS WERE NOT SIGNED TO FILL THESE LOSSES thats not Rons fault ITS TILSONS

Not if he did'nt have the necessary funds available to purchase who he wanted. When was the last time we paid cash for a player instead of getting half a dozen on loan for a month?.

Not on my side

Rebuild = we go down we remove tilson we get a new guy in somebody with different ideas somebody else 6 years 2 promotions and soon to be 2 RELEGATIONS back to where we started

WE never replaced key players when there was money avalible

Eastwood (granted hard to find somebody as good)
Gower
Clarke
JCR

I thought we were all Southend United fans - so the same side (or at least should be).

I suppose this is where opinions come in, as I believe if Tilson goes we will be where Darlo are this time next year. I struggle to see how in the last four months anyone else could have done much else with no money, generally no real choice in team selction, and no pay.

As far as replacing key players, I agree with you to an extent but from a slightly different angle. As you say Eastwood is very hard to replace someone of that quality. I would be more of the thankful angle that Tilly found one of them rather than asking why he didn't find another. As for Gower, I would put him in the same bracket as Eastwood in terms be being almost imposible to replace, he was quality.

Clarke I do not agree, as you said those players were not replaced when the money was available. No money has been available since Clarke left.

JCR I agree, we actually have not signed an out and out winger since he left.

I said I agree slighty differently. Where I think (and have always thought) Tilly has underachieved is when he has spent money, when he has spent "big" it has looked completely wasted, Paynter, Foran etc. However, no manager makes brilliant signing that work for a football club everytime.

Back