• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

....absolutely useless again today, refuses to come off that line and is causing all sorts of problems for the defence. Enough is enough....don't care if he is as good as Gordon Banks at shot stopping, the rest of his game is gonna cost us big time!

What about the stops he made that would have put the game beyond our reach?

What about the stops he made that would have put the game beyond our reach?

All keepers make stops, it's the chaos that he is causing by not coming for anything, makes Flavs and Belford both look commanding and they are midgets. Go as far as to say he is the worst keeper i have ever seen at Roots Hall in this department!

All keepers make stops, it's the chaos that he is causing by not coming for anything, makes Flavs and Belford both look commanding and they are midgets. Go as far as to say he is the worst keeper i have ever seen at Roots Hall in this department!

Your priceless mate. One save today at full stretch reminded me of a goal against us last season where Belford failed to reach it.

Other than his shot-stopping you say the rest of his game is going to cost us big time, so can I presume by that you mean it hasn't yet but will? However if your claiming it has already cost us, please list where you feel you can without doubt say that Smith's mistakes have cost us.

If you can't or they are so few just STFU & get behind someone who is one of the best keepers in this league.

XXX

I've been a supporter of him, but he should have come to get a 50 yard ball into his 6 yard box earlier. OK Barker should have dealt with it, but it was keepers ball. Another ball over the top later on he should have come to claim, but instead made a great save from a chip. Great shot stopper, but I would prefer a slightly weaker stopper who was able to sweep up.

And the Gills keeper today looked pretty good

Your priceless mate. One save today at full stretch reminded me of a goal against us last season where Belford failed to reach it.

Other than his shot-stopping you say the rest of his game is going to cost us big time, so can I presume by that you mean it hasn't yet but will? However if your claiming it has already cost us, please list where you feel you can without doubt say that Smith's mistakes have cost us.

If you can't or they are so few just STFU & get behind someone who is one of the best keepers in this league.

XXX
He has cost us plenty of times already, not blatant errors but poor communication and glue on his boots, worst ever!

Agree smith should of been commanding for goal and also barker maybe should of done better. We no smiths strengths and weaknesses. It was only a matter of time the abuse came tho. But yes smudge could of done better. I still think we have in smith one of the top 3 keepers in the division easy.

List them then

can't be bothered....every game he resembles a 6ft 4 inch mouse, vocally and command of his box. The crowd sense it, the defence senses it but you are quite happy with it!

can't be bothered....every game he resembles a 6ft 4 inch mouse, vocally and command of his box. The crowd sense it, the defence senses it but you are quite happy with it!

lol @ cant be bothered, you cant because you know he hasnt.

Bored with you now, cant wait until another good run then you & your depressing **** will disappear until we lose again.

Agree smith should of been commanding for goal and also barker maybe should of done better. We no smiths strengths and weaknesses. It was only a matter of time the abuse came tho. But yes smudge could of done better. I still think we have in smith one of the top 3 keepers in the division easy.

....very important part of goalkeeping is missing and you rate him in the top 3, strange!

Smith does not command his box. And he has to - to be deemed a good goalkeeper. What the club should be doing is looking for a better keeper. Smith is nowhere near the best we can get, so why should we have to put up with second rate. As a professional Smith should be working on the deficiencies in his game. From what I have seen there has been no work done in this direction, as there has been no improvement in his deficincies on the pitch.

....very important part of goalkeeping is missing and you rate him in the top 3, strange!

If luggy signs another keeper in January we will find out whether he thinks he is top 3 as well.

I think the focus on Smith takes away from the fact the performance was not good enough if we want to be top 3.

Concentrating solely on one player when the rest of the team didnt deliver, and when Tam is now gone is a more concerning issue for me.

I have to agree with this He needs to be more vocal and commanding.Its like he isn't really bothered or has the desire.Maybe a Keeper on loan would be a good idea. Im not saying he is a **** keeper but there is seldom no smoke without fire

Agree he doesn't like coming off his line.
However clearly one of the best keepers in the league. You can tell that by looking at the opposition we face.
I could name 10 SUFC keepers in my time supporting the club who were much worse.

Agree he doesn't like coming off his line.
However clearly one of the best keepers in the league. You can tell that by looking at the opposition we face.
I could name 10 SUFC keepers in my time supporting the club who were much worse.

Just out of interest and a discussion point will you name them please?

....absolutely useless again today, refuses to come off that line and is causing all sorts of problems for the defence. Enough is enough....don't care if he is as good as Gordon Banks at shot stopping, the rest of his game is gonna cost us big time!

The defence looks very shaky with him between the sticks. There's no communication, cohesion or trust. One word that springs to mind when I think of smith is "lumbering".

Back