• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Peter Clarke Gone to Hudds

According to him the move up north was one of the main deciding factors. If we take the man at his word, one would assume that this will not come as a big surprise to Tilly ..............who, surely, must have started his search for a replacement a month ago
..........................let's just hope that he has made good use of that time!

Really can't argue with his reasons for going back up north, think he will be missed a lot more than people realise.

I know this won't be the most shocking news to you and I'm not usually one to post rumours but this is on very good authority (my mum of all people! she often bumps into him and they have the odd chat) and is straight from Clarkey's mouth.

He himself doesn't think he'll stay. He doesn't think there is money in the pot and no firm, adequate deal has been offered.

Echo said:
But the defender, who made 150 appearances for the Shrimpers after signing from Blackpool for £300,000 in the summer of 2006, insisted the move was not down to his wages.
“I’m sure people will speculate but it’s nothing about money,” insisted Clarke.

He has hardly heard from Ron although he is meeting him tommorow. Tilly is apparently really gutted at losing him. He also really wants to stay as he is settled here and has made some close friends.

Echo said:
And it was his desire to move back up north which ultimately helped the centre-back make up his mind.
“It’s been a very hard decision for me but I’ve been made an offer which I don’t think I can turn down,” said the 27-year-old who is from Southport.
“My wife’s dad isn’t too well at the moment. He’s having treatment and moving back to nearer where we’re from will enable her to see him a lot more.

Looks like someone's been a bit creative - that or someones taking his mum for a ride!

Really can't argue with his reasons for going back up north, think he will be missed a lot more than people realise.

Totally agree, really gutted use to love watching the bloke. Time to bring in a really good centre half.

if ron martin says that then its got to be true, remember james walker? the £200 000 sensation funny how £200 000 is actually £30 000 in real money

Wasn't that a revised deal though, after James' medical condition came to light.

I thought that was a good bit of business!

Why let the truth get in the way of some casual Ron-Bashing?

I wish Peter all the best all the future.

I suspect the main reason for the move to Huddersfield is to be "nearer to home".

I spoke to his parents a number of times. They go to every match, and in fact his mother has never missed him play a game of football. His Dad has only missed a few, due to work commitments.

Now that is some commitment to your son - to travel from Southport to every game, home and away. :stunned:

Great servant, always gave his all. I may be in a minority but I think he is a better defender than 5 year deal Barrett and will be hugely missed. A great character and clearly a decent guy. Always very eloquent when he spoke and has left the right way.

Oh well this resolves the problem of him and Barret playing together.

We will miss his commitment but as long as we bring in Tall Centre half do not think it will be a serious problem as Adam is a very similar player

Good Luck to him at Huddersfield and let's give him a good reception next season

Thats what Blackpool fans thought when he signed for us. How did they get on that season ;-)

Well thats that then , we all knew he was going , shame , really liked Clarkey and I will argue all day long that he was the superior defender out of him and Barratt and really hope that Tilly replaces him with a simular quality player .

The guy wore his heart on his sleeve as a player and i would be gutted for him if he didn't recieve a warm welcome when we play them next season.

no one can blame him for moving back up north for better wages , wouldn't we all do the same if in his shoes .

As I've stated before the club knew he was going months ago so there should be no excuses of not enough time to find the right player etc .

Good luck PC, wont miss those 40 yard passes that go out of play all the time though.

Well done to Ron Martin, he has handled this situation among others extraordinarally badly and maybe if he hadnt have put him on the transfer list he may have signed a new deal here, Ron didnt show alot of loyalty to him, instead we now find ourselves in the position of spend 100k+ to find a replacement.

Everyone wants security for their family, imagine your boss telling you, you can sod off when i get my asking price.

Glad i aint parted with my £400 yet!

Back