• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Peter Clarke Gone to Hudds

Wasn't going to post this, however given today's news I feel that I have to.

As you know we live just around the corner to Peter Clarke and often see him about, and Mrs Ex-TTB bumped into him yesterday evening in the local Supermarket.

She chatted to him, and the impression that she got was that he does not want to leave, he loves it down here, and loves the club, the fans etc., however the length and the amount of contract that he has been offered by the club wasn't what he expected.

With a young family to think about, I think its a no-brainer for him.

I will miss him, as I will have to find another player to stalk.

Last edited:
Certainly one of a few players i would give a warm welcome back to. Good luck to the man

Now we can use the money we got for Clarke to table a bid for Dervite.

Oh, wait.............. :'(

So gutted he is leaving Southend, but wish him well, and would always give him a warm welcome back.

Just on OS

Sad day, but totally understandable

http://www.southendunited.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10444~1691207,00.html

In addition to this there I have posted a link to the Hudersfield Town website. They already have a picture of him in their kit!!!
http://www.htafc.com/page/NewsDetail/0,,10312~1688427,00.html

Its sad that SUFC ambitions were not enough for PC

have you read what it says about his wife familys and he wants to closer to them while treatment is on going, he has already said its not about money
family comes first

shame to see him go he is a quality player, but good luck to him. Well in for choosing family over money, but life goes on and I think tilly will bring an equally adapt player as him

shame to see him go he is a quality player, but good luck to him. Well in for choosing family over money, but life goes on and I think tilly will bring an equally adapt player as him

the dust has finally settled on the PC situtaion yes its a sad to loose such a quality palyer, but its the same old tilly talking on the OS we are moving to bring a replacement ********

other team around us have aleady started to rebuild there teams for next season and again we are lagging behind , yes i no tilly just back from his holidays what has brushy being doing while his away and come to that RM on the OS on the 11.05.09 he does not want a repeat performance of being left behind on signings

a few people i have spoken to long serving season tickets holders are of the same opion we will leave it late again and will be left with loaness for this coming season

He's here, he's there, he's every ****ing where .. EXCEPT ROOTS HALL !!!!!

I'm really disappointed, though not at all surprised, that PC is on his way

Best of luck with the rest of your career Peter, and thanks for what you did for Southend .. especially THAT GOAL :support:

He's here, he's there, he's every ****ing where .. EXCEPT ROOTS HALL !!!!!

I'm really disappointed, though not at all surprised, that PC is on his way

Best of luck with the rest of your career Peter, and thanks for what you did for Southend .. especially THAT GOAL :support:

me too, he's a quality player and it's a shame we couldn't keep him. Hopefully Tilly will have a centre half or two lined up as well as a left back.

not really a loss. for 2 and a half seasons he was average at best. only with dorian in the team did he really look any good. i am more sad dorian has gone. we may not see a defender of his calibre in a southend shirt for a long time.

I am gutted! My banner didn't work.

Im just glad I forgot my banner in the car now...

On a serious note personally really gutted to loose him. Fully understand why but feel that we shouldnt be losing players to clubs in the same division. I wonder in the "Northern" thing is just a smoke screen for the fact we are in fact potless.

A big old job on Tilly hands this summer to replace Clarke plus Hammell who has never really been replaced in my eyes.

Wasn't going to post this, however given today's news I feel that I have to.

As you know we live just around the corner to Peter Clarke and often see him about, and Mrs Ex-TTB bumped into him yesterday evening in the local Supermarket.

She chatted to him, and the impression that she got was that he does not want to leave, he loves it down here, and loves the club, the fans etc., however the length and the amount of contract that he has been offered by the club wasn't what he expected.

With a young family to think about, I think its a no-brainer for him.

I will miss him, as I will have to find another player to stalk.

agreed as I staited in an earlier post he was offered a flat contract less than his first year at the club, now thats the way to look after one of your back bones of the team so now weve got to spend money to get someone who wont be as good, kinda works both ways really

If I was Peter Clarke I would sit down and watch Rita, Sue and Bob too a couple of times before I considered moving up north.

If I was Peter Clarke I would sit down and watch Rita, Sue and Bob too a couple of times before I considered moving up north.

I bumped into Clarkey in town the other day and as he walked past me he was singing

"Were having a gang bang, were having a ball, Were having a gang bang - against the wall."

Looking back it was so obvious he was going to Huddersfield.

Back