• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pikey/Cheap food that is actually ok?

DTS

The Business
As many of you may recall I took over the shopping duties from the Mrs about a year ago. It wasn't an easy decision for us to reach but it was the right one.

The basic problem is I would spend say £100 and come back with loads of meats, pasta,rice,veggies etc - where as the Mrs would come back with say lentils, organic this and that but nothing to actually make a meal.

Anyway last week the Mrs decided enough was enough and she wanted a 2nd crack so I relented and let her have a crack. She was determined to do a shop online so fair call give it ago.

We are normally Sainsburys people but the Mrs had a 20% off Tesco online voucher so we gave it a crack.

So last night about 9pm the door goes and spotty oik of a delivery driver gives us our food. The Mrs was tired so I did the unpacking.

To my initial disgust she had brought two Dr Oetker Pepporani Pizza's. I did moan as you cant really compromise on Pizza quality and these two Pizzas cost us £2 collectively. This was a worry.

However to my suprise they were actually quite nice. I dont think I woujld buy them but I have given the Mrs the night off as a treat tonight to reward her for he sensible shopping.

Anyone else got any cheapo food recommendations.

As many of you may recall I took over the shopping duties from the Mrs about a year ago. It wasn't an easy decision for us to reach but it was the right one.

The basic problem is I would spend say £100 and come back with loads of meats, pasta,rice,veggies etc - where as the Mrs would come back with say lentils, organic this and that but nothing to actually make a meal.

Anyway last week the Mrs decided enough was enough and she wanted a 2nd crack so I relented and let her have a crack. She was determined to do a shop online so fair call give it ago.

We are normally Sainsburys people but the Mrs had a 20% off Tesco online voucher so we gave it a crack.

So last night about 9pm the door goes and spotty oik of a delivery driver gives us our food. The Mrs was tired so I did the unpacking.

To my initial disgust she had brought two Dr Oetker Pepporani Pizza's. I did moan as you cant really compromise on Pizza quality and these two Pizzas cost us £2 collectively. This was a worry.

However to my suprise they were actually quite nice. I dont think I woujld buy them but I have given the Mrs the night off as a treat tonight to reward her for he sensible shopping.

Anyone else got any cheapo food recommendations.

Any cheap chocolate it's the best,also Tesco baked beans scrumptious.

I had one those Oetker pizzas a few years back and I thought it tasted like feet. Never again have I ventured near them.........

If you want a cheap, decent enough frozen pizza, head to Iceland where they do some original ideas of their's for £1/£1.50. Lovely stuff.

I had one those Oetker pizzas a few years back and I thought it tasted like feet. Never again have I ventured near them.........

If you want a cheap, decent enough frozen pizza, head to Iceland where they do some original ideas of their's for £1/£1.50. Lovely stuff.

Never thought I would see the day I disagreed with you.....

Iceland Pizza are 95% base.....Horrid stuff....

We got some pizza's from Aldi when we did a quick shop there. Thin crust Italian style, think it had rocket/spinach and salami on it. Was quite nice and cost about £1.29 each.

Prefer making pizzas myself though, top up the base which you can buy from the supermarket.

Never thought I would see the day I disagreed with you.....

Iceland Pizza are 95% base.....Horrid stuff....

Making a pizza base from basic ingredients is a piece of **** mate and you can keep it covered in the fridge for a few days. Add a bit of tomato sauce, cheese, and what you fancy on top and you'll have a far superior pizza to anything you can buy or get delivered by a spotty oik on a moped.

Making a pizza base from basic ingredients is a piece of **** mate and you can keep it covered in the fridge for a few days. Add a bit of tomato sauce, cheese, and what you fancy on top and you'll have a far superior pizza to anything you can buy or get delivered by a spotty oik on a moped.

Indeed, especially if you have a bread maker to do the dough in.

smil225.gif

I still wheel out a Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodle every so often.

Also a fan of Batchelors Pasta N Sauce.

I am an instant noodle fan but I prefer the ones you get from Chinese supermarkets to supernoodles.

That said I like the Southern fried chicken ones.

I absolutely love the Dr Oetker mushroom pizza, use it as a base, chuck some chopped red peppers and maybe a few other bits and pieces (prawns are good), add some more cheese and there you go. Anything in the Aunt Bessie range is also really good, the mash is brilliant stuff, we also swear by Birds Eye Chicken Dippers!

Well thank you Delia,

I will have you know that the mrs and I often make our own pizzas and I even make the base myself when i have time so :homer:

However we do have a debate as I think it should be chese on top of the filling ( Ham, Mushrooms etc) where as she thinks it should be Toppings go on last?

Well thank you Delia,

I will have you know that the mrs and I often make our own pizzas and I even make the base myself when i have time so :homer:

However we do have a debate as I think it should be chese on top of the filling ( Ham, Mushrooms etc) where as she thinks it should be Toppings go on last?

I'm with her on that one......cheese, then toppings on last....

I absolutely love the Dr Oetker mushroom pizza, use it as a base, chuck some chopped red peppers and maybe a few other bits and pieces (prawns are good), add some more cheese and there you go. Anything in the Aunt Bessie range is also really good, the mash is brilliant stuff, we also swear by Birds Eye Chicken Dippers!

My main issue with Aunt Bessies stuff (Not that I use it) is that its all stuff that you can make easily yourself.

aunt Bessies yorkshires ( Would take you 2 mins) aunt bessies roast spuds ( 5 mins).

Does not taste as good and there is no satsisfaction from just throwing it in the oven.

Back