• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pitch Invasion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gutted i missed it but still would rather be living in Brasil!!
cool.gif

Do you think they will bring out a DVD of the game?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sao Paulo Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2006,15:15)]Gutted i missed it but still would rather be living in Brasil!!
cool.gif

Do you think they will bring out a DVD of the game?
Alright mate,

You missed A cracker last night.

Only for real fans that would have travelled from Brazil to watch their team!!

tounge.gif

i think what that smiffy said was spot on, it doesnt happen everyday, some people need to cheer up a bit, it wont happen again while your alive, savour it, dont moan about it, jeez some people, too many old moaners at southend sometimes.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Nov. 08 2006,15:23)]i think what that smiffy said was spot on, it doesnt happen everyday, some people need to cheer up a bit, it wont happen again while your alive, savour it, dont moan about it, jeez some people, too many old moaners at southend sometimes.
No no no, like you I am deleriously happy. Do not think for a moment that I wish to **** on anyones parade.

"It won't happen again while youre alive" - interesting point... What, beating ManUre? or a pitch invasion? or do you know something about my medical records you're not telling me?

I'm sure we will play another "big team" soon.

This is the second pitch invasion this year.

And for the record fellas - pitch invasions are not the norm.

My concern is not for the chavs who want to gurn on camera let them enjoy their moment of glory, let them get a clip round the ear by a Steward. My concern is for the club. If the club cannot control the fans then I was wondering what repercussions there might be.

i think the invasion was partly the annoucers fault. i mean to announce over the tannoy just before the end of play " please refrain from entering the feild of play" how stupid lol. im sure this just enticed people to do it

People on ere always have to moan about something don't they. It's not every day we beat Man U let people enjoy it. Lighten up. Pitch invasions used to happen all the time.

Yeah, hey did mummy see me on the pitch
biggrin.gif
yep she did
tounge.gif

dam fun it was, sorry you didn't all get to join in and celebrate
like they said
harmless fun
players got lap of honour
and i got chunk of grass to remember the match forever
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jcrcr @ Nov. 08 2006,16:38)]and i got chuck of grass to remember the match forever
biggrin.gif
When I chuck it's usually carrots that come up, never had grass come up
biggrin.gif

What is the point of pitch invasions? Many years ago they used to be forced attempts to get a match cancelled, more recently to celebrate a famous victory. But why? What is the point? It's a new pitch (laid this summer) but we have chavs running all over it in a "look at me, I'm cool" kind of b******s and one SZ poster above openly admits to taking a chunk out of it. Why? What's the point? It may have been fun for those involved but for the other 8,000 people who wanted to celebrate the the historic win, it would have been disappointing had the stewards not acted quickly and got this p%&*ks off the pitch. All we saw in Spain was a bunch of morons gurning pathetically at the camera and a couple of bozo's in Father Christmas outfits (why? it's November the 7th?!) sliding along the turf. Why? Please can someone explain?!

Well the club obviously weren't that bothered by people invading the pitch, as if you look on the OS Pics of last night Mike, you will see the Santa Double Act, smiling proudly...

I say good on em, why not.

smile.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2006,15:45)]What is the point of pitch invasions? Many years ago they used to be forced attempts to get a match cancelled, more recently to celebrate a famous victory. But why? What is the point? It's a new pitch (laid this summer) but we have chavs running all over it and one SZ poster above openly admits to taking a chunk out of it. Why? What's the point? It may have been fun for those involved but for the other 8,000 people who wanted to celebrate the the historic win, it would have been disappointing had the stewards not acted quickly and got this p%&*ks off the pitch. All we saw in Spain was a bunch of morons gurning pathetically at the camera and a couple of bozo's in Father Christmas outfits (why? it's November the 7th?!) sliding along the turf. Why? Please can someone explain?!
Well said.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2006,16:45)]What is the point of pitch invasions? Many years ago they used to be forced attempts to get a match cancelled, more recently to celebrate a famous victory. But why? What is the point? It's a new pitch (laid this summer) but we have chavs running all over it and one SZ poster above openly admits to taking a chunk out of it. Why? What's the point? It may have been fun for those involved but for the other 8,000 people who wanted to celebrate the the historic win, it would have been disappointing had the stewards not acted quickly and got this p%&*ks off the pitch. All we saw in Spain was a bunch of morons gurning pathetically at the camera and a couple of bozo's in Father Christmas outfits (why? it's November the 7th?!) sliding along the turf. Why? Please can someone explain?!
Beer

Quote (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2006,16:45)
What is the point of pitch invasions? Many years ago they used to be forced attempts to get a match cancelled, more recently to celebrate a famous victory. But why? What is the point? It's a new pitch (laid this summer) but we have chavs running all over it and one SZ poster above openly admits to taking a chunk out of it. Why? What's the point? It may have been fun for those involved but for the other 8,000 people who wanted to celebrate the the historic win, it would have been disappointing had the stewards not acted quickly and got this p%&*ks off the pitch. All we saw in Spain was a bunch of morons gurning pathetically at the camera and a couple of bozo's in Father Christmas outfits (why? it's November the 7th?!) sliding along the turf. Why? Please can someone explain?!

SCROOOOOOGE!!!!! some people just cant be pleased, smile for a second!

so these were chavs were they?

When i will garuntee the average age of people on that pitch were 30+..

well the ones i saw anyway,

thought they were quite nippy for their age!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Nov. 08 2006,15:54)]SCROOOOOOGE!!!!! some people just cant be pleased, smile for a second!
Supporters are reminded that it is a criminal offence to (a) enter upon the field of play, (b) chant foul and abusive or racist remarks, © throw any objects towards the playing area or other areas of the stadium, (d) be in possession of intoxicating liquor or illegal substances during play whilst in view of the pitch or whilst entering the ground, (e) be drunk whilst entering or attempting to enter the ground. THESE ARE ARRESTABLE OFFENCES.

Im over the fookin moon we won, but I still didn't run onto the pitch like a fool. Some people exercised a bit of self control.....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2006,16:45)]What is the point of pitch invasions? Many years ago they used to be forced attempts to get a match cancelled, more recently to celebrate a famous victory. But why? What is the point? It's a new pitch (laid this summer) but we have chavs running all over it in a "look at me, I'm cool" kind of b******s and one SZ poster above openly admits to taking a chunk out of it. Why? What's the point? It may have been fun for those involved but for the other 8,000 people who wanted to celebrate the the historic win, it would have been disappointing had the stewards not acted quickly and got this p%&*ks off the pitch. All we saw in Spain was a bunch of morons gurning pathetically at the camera and a couple of bozo's in Father Christmas outfits (why? it's November the 7th?!) sliding along the turf. Why? Please can someone explain?!
it was just a bit of harmless fun. im sure you would have wanted to run on and celebrate if your were a kid.

and anyway im sure jcrcr will pay for the damage he caused if he damaged the pitch badly

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Nov. 08 2006,17:54)]SCROOOOOOGE!!!!! some people just cant be pleased, smile for a second!
Not at all. I was simply asking what compels someone to invade a pitch other than self-promotion?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 08 2006,17:57)]When i will garuntee the average age of people on that pitch were 30+ ...
Perhaps. But whatever age, why do it? What's the point? It damages the reputation of the club, it damages the pitch, it could potentially damage people. So why do it?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2006,17:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 08 2006,17:57)]When i will garuntee the average age of people on that pitch were 30+ ...
Perhaps. But whatever age, why do it? What's the point? It damages the reputation of the club, it damages the pitch, it could potentially damage people. So why do it?
old enough to know better then.

The fastest ones were those running away from the stewards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back