• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pitch Invasion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (chadded @ Nov. 08 2006,17:58)]Im over the fookin moon we won, but I still didn't run onto the pitch like a fool. Some people exercised a bit of self control.....
Exactly. 8,000 other people seemed quite happy to celebrate and leap around like loons within the confines of the spectator areas.

yeah well i had a good time, and im sure everyone else did who got on pitch, maybe your just jealous.

5 minutes before the end of the game, a band of scrotes started amassing near me (row B, bloody kids seats as well!). They didn't look that intelligent to be honest, and when I asked one why he was there he squeaked "I really want to go on the pitch!" in a high little voice, I think he was simple, anyway it seemed to be all the little rudeboys running abound and no-one else.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (sufc_stu @ Nov. 08 2006,18:02)]What about the 22 players with football boots i suppose they don’t ruin the pitch at all the 90minutes!!
23 people (inc. the referee) spread across 9,000 or so square yards of pitch results in normal wear-and-tear of a football pitch. A few hundred people gathered leaping about like loons, sliding across the grass and, in jcrcr's case, digging bits of it up results in serious damage and subsequently increased cost to the club. Hmmmm ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2006,17:01)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 08 2006,17:57)]When i will garuntee the average age of people on that pitch were 30+ ...
Perhaps. But whatever age, why do it? What's the point? It damages the reputation of the club, it damages the pitch, it could potentially damage people. So why do it?
Come on Mike, you have been going to football longer than me and since when has any clubs reputation been spoilt by fans running on the pitch after a famour victory?... Answer, NEVER.

If you dont like pitch invasions, then fair play to you, but to say that is stretching the truth a tad!

For what its worth, my opinion is why on earth not?

It is a sign of the PC world we live in these days that there are 40+ about Southend United having a pitch invasion to celebrate a famous night. A friendly pitch invasion I hasten to add, no violence.

I am assuming you were there when we beat Luton 2-1 to stay up and Stan was carried shoulder high round the pitch and stripped of most of his clothing. I presume you have also read his book where he states that is his greatest memory in football.

It happens absolutely everywhere in the country when this kind of nights occurs, did you see the amount of Barnsley fans on the pitch when they went 3-2 up against there local rivals Leeds on Saturday? I bet there was no outcry on there website.

People do it in sheer exubberance (please feel free to correct that spelling!) and excitment at what they have just witnessed, like they did after the Bristol City game.

The players absolutely loved it after that match, and I am sure they did last night.

In years gone by, not one single person would have raised an eyebrow about this, and yet these days, all of a sudden people are saying its an outrage... Come on for goodness sake!

When i say a chunk i mean one little bit from the side of the pitch without any mud, now tell me whats the problem with that ? Harmless fun

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Nov. 08 2006,18:04)]yeah well i had a good time, and im sure everyone else did who got on pitch, maybe your just jealous.
Jealous of what, exactly? Costing my club a fortune in pitch repairs? Costing my club a fortune in possible fines by the authorities? Yeah, I can see why you would think that. I wish I had such charges on my conscience ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Nov. 08 2006,16:04)]yeah well i had a good time, and im sure everyone else did who got on pitch, maybe your just jealous.
Dream on son. And please, learn how to present a decent arguement.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Nov. 08 2006,18:08)]In years gone by, not one single person would have raised an eyebrow about this, and yet these days, all of a sudden people are saying its an outrage... Come on for goodness sake!
It was an outrage and they should all be hung ... on the pitch ...

Club's want to avoid pitch invasions not to spoil people's fun but because pitches these days are simply not a patch of grass in the centre of the football ground. Southend United spent a fair few sheckles on that new surface and I dare say that none of them would have been particularly happy to see fans running about it, rolling about on it or, most nauseating of all, digging bits of it up! The players were enjoying it? Not from what I saw on television; most looked terrified ...

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jcrcr @ Nov. 08 2006,18:09)]When i say a chunk i mean one little bit from the side of the pitch without any mud, now tell me whats the problem with that ? Harmless fun
That's just a collection of blades of grass, surely?

Where is the harm? Supposing everyone followed your lead and decided they wanted to carve up their own little piece of history of the match?

I'm with the anit-invasion brigade here. Theres no real reason to do it, its against the law and it spoils it for everyone who abides the law. In other news, did we just beat Man Utd?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Xàbia Shrimper @ Nov. 08 2006,17:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Nov. 08 2006,18:08)]In years gone by, not one single person would have raised an eyebrow about this, and yet these days, all of a sudden people are saying its an outrage... Come on for goodness sake!
It was an outrage and they should all be hung ... on the pitch ...

Club's want to avoid pitch invasions not to spoil people's fun but because pitches these days are simply not a patch of grass in the centre of the football ground. Southend United spent a fair few sheckles on that new surface and I dare say that none of them would have been particularly happy to see fans running about it, rolling about on it or, most nauseating of all, digging bits of it up! The players were enjoying it? Not from what I saw on television; most looked terrified ...
If they did look terrified, and its a big if, then that says a lot about how people these days are wrapped in cotton wool.

Re my quote about the Collymore incident, which you chose not to respond to, did he look terrified? Did Ronnie Radford look terrified when his goal for Hereford caused one of the greatest cup shocks ever?

Of course they didnt, it is fans running onto celebrate with there heroes, and rightly so in times like these, they happen all too infrequently.

As for the ripping up of the pitch, yup, agreed, that is wrong, completely wrong, but thats a different issue as far as I am concerned.

this thread is ridiculous.. lock it i say,
you lock everything else..

a pitch invasion? wow we..

nothing to honest,
the real question is, why bother posting about it..

'spose to be celebrating you know..

just put up and shut up for a couple of days eh?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Richard_Cadette @ Nov. 08 2006,18:17)]Re my quote about the Collymore incident, which you chose not to respond to, did he look terrified?  Did Ronnie Radford look terrified when his goal for Hereford caused one of the greatest cup shocks ever?
I didn't choose not to respond; I just could be arsed to formulate a reply!
tounge.gif

well i think i have a genuine point to argue, im sure when you was young that you would of enjoyed it. so yeh i do have a good arguement, but won that im not going to win, soon as you post on here, theres allways a little saddo questioning it and picking up positives, some people, jeez, smile, have some pukka pie. enjoy life.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Nov. 08 2006,17:21)]well i think i have a genuine point to argue, im sure when you was young that you would of enjoyed it. so yeh i do have a good arguement, but won that im not going to win, soon as you post on here, theres allways a little saddo questioning it and picking up positives, some people, jeez, smile, have some pukka pie. enjoy life.
*puts on northern accent"

Pukka pies... mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
love.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (CS J @ Nov. 08 2006,18:20)]this thread is ridiculous.. lock it i say,
you lock everything else..

a pitch invasion? wow we..

nothing to honest,
the real question is, why bother posting about it..

'spose to be celebrating you know..

just put up and shut up for a couple of days eh?
Opinion, James. We are all allowed to express an opinion (we hope) and the discussion is continuing without verbal abuse or cheap jibes against each other. That is what this forum should be all about and if the moderators choose to lock this topic before it has reached a exhaustive conclusion, then that would be very disappointing.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Nov. 08 2006,16:21)]well i think i have a genuine point to argue, im sure when you was young that you would of enjoyed it. so yeh i do have a good arguement, but won that im not going to win, soon as you post on here, theres allways a little saddo questioning it and picking up positives, some people, jeez, smile, have some pukka pie. enjoy life.
There's no excuse for breaking the law in this situation. None whatsoever. Do you not think it's illegal for a reason??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back