• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pitch Invasion...

Status
Not open for further replies.
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Nov. 08 2006,17:46)]i think you do! when the bloke kisses eastwood and the other bloke rubs flavs shoulders, there not impressed 1 bit. i didnt see a smile.
And what about all the MUFC players being whisked down the tunnel?

1,000 chavs running up to Rooney could easily injure him.  What kind of insurance claims would then be made against SUFC for arguably one of the worlds most expensive strikers?

You still just do not see it, or are just too stupid to understand it.  Whether you think you are right or wrong, it is ILLEGAL and things are not ILLEGAL for the sheer hell of it!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Einstein @ Nov. 08 2006,18:51)]Chadded and Mike both against it, I wonder whether that is because they both have DISCIPLINE unlike the little mindless idiots who made the club look like it was full of chavs last night.  It is that kind of behaviour which I find I am constantly defending SUFC and Southend in general, but when incidents like that happens and people see them with their own eyes on national television it really doesn't give me much of an argument to go on!
Spot on, my friend. Whilst I was leaping around the bar like a well-oiled oil drum, everyone else in the bar was pointing at the screen as the images of several hundred fans poured onto the pitch ... and not with too much positive comment. It made Southend United look amateur to say the least.

Discipline? Nothing a spot of compulsory national service wouldn't put right!
wink.gif
(Believe me, I was a nasty ******* up at Bassingbourne!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Nov. 08 2006,16:53)]hey im a teenager, im not too have discipline. yet!
Cheers Ken. ( Right now, you're about as interesting as Ken Barlow)

Oh, and I'm also a teenager.

yes sir. i do understand, but im not the kind of person to go up to rooney for exmaple and injure him, people went on the pitch for celbration and exciment, the stewards wernt even too bothered, the 1s near my gate just shut it, and made no effort to stop people. i dont really think southend no have a bad repuation just because there was fans on the pitch and they were seen on t.v. what do you expect?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Up The Blues! @ Nov. 08 2006,18:59)]yes sir. i do understand, but im not the kind of person to go up to rooney for exmaple and injure him, people went on the pitch for celbration and exciment, the stewards wernt even too bothered, the 1s near my gate just shut it , and made no effort to stop people. i dont really think southend no have a bad repuation just because there was fans on the pitch and they were seen on t.v. what do you expect?
So, let me get this right. The safety stewards near your section shut the gate yet, despite the fact that the very action of closing the gate is an invitation to remain in the stands and off the playing surface, you chose to ignore it and intrude onto the pitch?

yeah, get over it, you sound like such the "naughy boy" you say you are.

Guess what, when we have one of the best results in our history, I don't want to be looking at a bunch of fans who ran onto the pitch. I'd much rather celebrate it with the players who achieved that victory. It's just a lack of consideration for the other 10k odd people in the ground.

Mark Mac

It amazes me at the stupidity of those, despite being told not to run on to the pitch, and that it is an offence to enter the playing field,that they still barged on like playground numpties.....They ran on like we had won something aka end of season ....I found it embarrasing..... wouldn't surprise me if Police are looking at footage to put some names to faces......I feel that someone should have been made a scape goat and been arrested for it...... felt it took away some of the excitement for the players having to wait to come back on.....if you entered the arena you should be ashamed of yourself for your total lack of respect, and ignorance of English Law
sad.gif

yepp. yeovil boy now, has been for a while, still love hime though.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (David Essex @ Nov. 08 2006,19:25)]..... wouldn't surprise me if Police are looking at footage to put some names to faces......I feel that someone should have been made a scape goat and been arrested for it......
I fear not. They missed their chance at the end of last season when a group of lads (most probably the same group of lads as those who trespassed onto the pitch last night) ruined the lap-of-honour for many people in the stands by surrounding the players (why?) and taking away the magic for plenty of youngsters. They should have acted back then; they should have handed out temporary banning orders to teach these vandals a lesson. But they didn't. That's why these people thought nothing of charging onto the pitch once again and ruining other people's enjoyment and celebration ONCE AGAIN. They'll not learn from this.

I wasn't bothered about the pitch invasion as much as I was with the one after the Bristol City game. That was just utter selfishness.

To be honest, last night I was far too busy shaking my head in disbelief at what had happened on the pitch to get annoyed with those who ran on at full-time. It was only for a few minutes and was clearly very well-intended. And I doubt it would have happened at all had the club asked everyone to stay off the pitch. That was just asking for trouble.

Anyone notice the lads standing on top of the roof of the East stand towards the south end? Rather them than me.

What was funnier was watching them brick it as soon as a steward on the pitch even looked at them.

Can people bare in mind when they rush onto the pitch that they are representing Southend. Those shots are broadcast around the world.

I don't mind the pitch invasions but please if you are going to run onto the pitch don't look like a complete t%$$&r. Keep the fake burberry caps, tracksuits and Elizabeth Duke jewellery to a minimum as you are portraying Southend as some chav sh!t-hole.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hong Kong Blue @ Nov. 08 2006,18:59)]Southend as some chav sh!t-hole.
Unfortunately though half of Southend is! And more unfortunate is that half were the ones on the pitch!

I do not mean to get myself involed, but i was also one to enter the feild of play, and i'm sorry if it affends you, i dam enjoyed it. I saw Tilson and told him he was a legand and he looked back at me and wink at me with a massive grin on his face.
Also Freddy looks shocked more then angry or unhappy, his facial expression didn't change from when he was with wes Brown to when a fan kissed him on the face.
Plus you can't compare it to Bristol game, as there was nothing to parade, and the players still got there lap of honour and everyone could still enjoy that.

I'm sorry to anyone if entering the feild of play affended you, and i'm sorry for breaking the law as i'm sure none of you have ever broke the law ( Not even drove over the speed limit)
Thanks for a great night SUFC
and
LONG LIVE SIR STEVE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back