• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe the decision has been made by PB . that he isn't good enough ?? And he is only here until an alternative can be found?? Both for him and us ??

Maybe ?

If Phil has deemed him not good enough then send him on loan to whoever wants him at whatever level just to give him games to keep his fitness up,What Phil is actually doing is IMO very cruel on the lad by putting him on the bench and not playing him at all last night.

I suspect JW was one of those banging on Phil's door pleading for his chance and Phil has snubbed him.

He may well of done if the rules were different. With Cox and Thompson off by half time, it was more important to protect Timlin than have a look at Williams

Why start with Cox and Fortune though,why risk Fortune being injured in such a pointless fixture.

Jason Williams is a non league striker.

He is nowhere near the quality required and should not have been offered a new contract.

It's that simple.

After Cox went off Brown effectively had a choice of 2 players to bring on.

Williams who has numerous chances this season and has shown anything to suggest he is a League 1 (or League 2 for that matter) forward or Bridge who has at least shown enough to suggest he could have a future as a professional footballer.

Bridge may or may not have played well yesterday but I know which I would rather be given the opportunity.

Its 6

Injuries to Oxley, Anton and Inniss meant we were limited who we could rest. Why risk Lenny etc.

So he could have rested 5 first team players and subbed off 3 more first teamers....plenty of time to chuck the kids on.

Thing is, Jason Williams is not, never has been and never will be, Football League standard. That's a shame, but its not going to happen for him. And even if I am wrong, it is not going to happen for him here.

I am surprised we retained his services, I suspect he was the fortunate beneficiary of the lack of striking options at the outset of the season but I am fairly sure he will be gone as soon as his contract expires.

We do not need to "see what he does against Stevenage" to reach that conclusion. Anyone who has seen him play knows this.

Scoring for fun for Chelmsford is a zillion miles away from scoring in the Football League and it shouldn't be clouding judgements.

It's a shame, we'd all like to see home grown talent prosper, but it wont be happening in this case.

Thing is, Jason Williams is not, never has been and never will be, Football League standard. That's a shame, but its not going to happen for him. And even if I am wrong, it is not going to happen for him here.

I am surprised we retained his services, I suspect he was the fortunate beneficiary of the lack of striking options at the outset of the season but I am fairly sure he will be gone as soon as his contract expires.

We do not need to "see what he does against Stevenage" to reach that conclusion. Anyone who has seen him play knows this.

Scoring for fun for Chelmsford is a zillion miles away from scoring in the Football League and it shouldn't be clouding judgements.

It's a shame, we'd all like to see home grown talent prosper, but it wont be happening in this case.

Agreed and I think at his age he needs to be playing regular football.

I have a feeling he will end up at around the reman prem/conference south level.

We have had lots of different players come through from the youth over the past few seasons, but it would appear to be drying up.

I'm not convinced that bridge or smith will make the grade either. I hope I'm wrong.

I haven't seen enough from the youth to suggest that we have players capable of breaking through. It's a shame as the youth is a potential gold mine for a club of our level.

There are probably 3 or 4 players that should be moved on I January with a similar amount of higher quality coming in.

I think barretts days are numbered.
King will be sent back.
Innis may go back if he is going to be out for months
Williams should be sent out or released
Bridged loaned to a league two or conference side for experience
O'Neil for me hasn't shown enough

That would allow us to bring in 3 or 4 with much better quality either on loan or permanently.

There are probably 3 or 4 players that should be moved on I January with a similar amount of higher quality coming in.

I think barretts days are numbered.
King will be sent back.
Innis may go back if he is going to be out for months
Williams should be sent out or released
Bridged loaned to a league two or conference side for experience
O'Neil for me hasn't shown enough

That would allow us to bring in 3 or 4 with much better quality either on loan or permanently.

1 - we'd still be on the hook for pretty much all those wages. We can only off-load if someone wants them or if we pay up their contract.
2 - when they were signed by PB in the first place, what makes you think PB will sign better this time around?

I thought the rules stated 5 first team players must play?

5 is correct.

It has to be 5 players from the previous first team match or 5 of the players who have played the most minutes in the first team. I don't think it matters if they don't play the following match. It's taken from the previous game. I'm also not sure if that means the previous league match or FA Cup match and what the rule is regarding players who are injured or on International duty since the previous match.

I think the 6 being mentioned, is the number of under 21's who have to be in the U21 line-ups.

The 5 last night must have been : Thompson, Cox, Fortune and then Barrett, McGlashan under the substantial minutes rule. Unless we got dispensation for Demetriou or chose to break the rules. In which case, if the latter, why not go the whole way and make 11 changes.

Edit : It's 5 who started the previous league match or 5 of the top 11 players appearance wise, so the above 5 will be the ones and we played within the rules, before bending them slightly when Cox went off.

Willams has been given the chance to prove himself .So lets be blunt and honest he really isn't up to the task .He has been in the team this season and on the bench and time and time again he has failed .So maybe its time for him to move on in jan Along with quite a few more to free up wages for some fresh faces .

Willams has been given the chance to prove himself .So lets be blunt and honest he really isn't up to the task .He has been in the team this season and on the bench and time and time again he has failed .So maybe its time for him to move on in jan Along with quite a few more to free up wages for some fresh faces .

Hmmm Hooper had plenty of minutes here and went on to greater things,Kightly never even had a chance here yet went onto better things.

I can see JW doing exactly the same.

I personally thought Williams should have either started or should have replaced Fortune, the game was lost by H/T, so why not give the lad a chance - he has played with Bridge through the youth set up and the in Chelmsford seniors, so opportunity to see if they can link up at a higher level? doubt he could have done any worse than the others last night and it would have concluded whether he was good enough or not as most suspect.

Hmmm Hooper had plenty of minutes here and went on to greater things,Kightly never even had a chance here yet went onto better things.

I can see JW doing exactly the same.

If you can see that I have only the one word to say to you.......Specsavers :winking:

If you can see that I have only the one word to say to you.......Specsavers :winking:

Cox,Mooney,Fortune,Barnard,Shaq,Woodrow,Corr,Barnett have all looked average in Phil's team....what chance has JW with extremely limited playing time.....I hope the lad goes elsewhere and scores plenty.

JW's playing time in full

On average Phil gave him EIGHT MINUTES per game...harsh treatment toward a young player IMHO .

Back