• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm no fan of JW based on what I've seen so far, but I cannot fathom for the life of me why PB gave him a new contract only to then not play him in a game like last night, which would have been the perfect opportunity for him to prove himself.

I don't know why he is a professional footballer, this may be his last, sounds harsh... Have you seen his touch when they are warming up at half time? It's horrendous, I'm 3 odd stone overweight, and have a dodgy leg, it's better that that, In all my years I have never seen a pro footballer with a touch like that. Watch next time.

Hmmm Hooper had plenty of minutes here and went on to greater things,Kightly never even had a chance here yet went onto better things.

I can see JW doing exactly the same.

You seen to talk about him, but said it was your first game the other day, again as I said, look at his touch at half time, it's nothing
Like a professional footballer. Nothing. If I fired a hard pass at him he would not be able to control it, you can see for yourself.

Hooper did not have a lot of decent chances with Tilly, not loads anyway. Pull all the stats up you want, he was always warming up at half time, and had a great touch and ball control.

I don't know why he is a professional footballer, this may be his last, sounds harsh... Have you seen his touch when they are warming up at half time? It's horrendous, I'm 3 odd stone overweight, and have a dodgy leg, it's better that that, In all my years I have never seen a pro footballer with a touch like that. Watch next time.

Rio Alderton's time was admittedly brief, but there have been countless other players over the years whose second touch was always a tackle.

All I would say is that with only 2 regular forwards fit (Cox and Fortune), it was madness starting with both of them on Tuesday night. Why risk further injuries, which we now have in Cox, on a game which had virtually nothing at stake. If we need to play a quota of players that played in our previous league game, take them from midfield where we have a lot more cover than upfront.
A brainless decision by Brown, one which I expect we will regret at Gigg Lane tomorrow.

Williams was given one more year to prove himself. PB sees him play in the under 21 matches and every day in training. If he has not shown enough since early July, then he only has himself to blame.

The few times I have watched training this season his finishing has been poor. Their are lots of striker orientated games like 6 aside with full size goals. He will for example have a one-on one and place it at a nice saveable height.

Now before we drag out the old 'lets have a striking coach' line. How can you ever be any good if you need a coach to say roll on the floor into the corner just like Harry Kyp does in the same position.

Don't think we necessarily need a specific striking coach as clubs at our level don't tend to have massive backroom staff due to finances. Although it would be nice. Maybe it's more to do with the fact that none of our coaches were attackers in their careers so this is understandably where our coaching will be the weakest. Brown and Coughlan were defenders, Maher - a midfielder etc

Don't think we necessarily need a specific striking coach as clubs at our level don't tend to have massive backroom staff due to finances. Although it would be nice. Maybe it's more to do with the fact that none of our coaches were attackers in their careers so this is understandably where our coaching will be the weakest. Brown and Coughlan were defenders, Maher - a midfielder etc

Just how much "coaching" should two players who have changed hands for over £7,000,000 need ?

Just how much "coaching" should two players who have changed hands for over £7,000,000 need ?
lots, West Ham had sheringham for a while, and it did pay off.... look at the value of the players they had at the time....we need a striking coach..... Cox and his sidekick..... how many have they scored combined this season? I've seen Cox with a half a chance to shoot.... what did he do? Pass it wide.... like he always does..... no he was not being unselfish, he should be pulling the trigger..... disappointing.

All I would say is that with only 2 regular forwards fit (Cox and Fortune), it was madness starting with both of them on Tuesday night. Why risk further injuries, which we now have in Cox, on a game which had virtually nothing at stake. If we need to play a quota of players that played in our previous league game, take them from midfield where we have a lot more cover than upfront.
A brainless decision by Brown, one which I expect we will regret at Gigg Lane tomorrow.

As stated on other threads, we had no option due to the competition rules.

lots, West Ham had sheringham for a while, and it did pay off.... look at the value of the players they had at the time....we need a striking coach..... Cox and his sidekick..... how many have they scored combined this season? I've seen Cox with a half a chance to shoot.... what did he do? Pass it wide.... like he always does..... no he was not being unselfish, he should be pulling the trigger..... disappointing.

They have certainly managed two today. God knows how.

He was loaned to Chelmsford,scored for fun then Phil recalled him ,then never used him.
He was loaned to Welling scored 3 in 11 in a struggling team and Phil recalled him,then never used him .

Barmy.

Boring Mrsblue. Give up girl... He not good.......

Back