• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre season friendlies.

Massively underwhelming friendlies this season.

Massively underwhelming friendlies this season.

Yes no big names but as we have seen in recent years, a half paced, weak Championship team is no real test anyway.

last year away at Orient was a better test as they were looking to prove something.

Didn't know about the Reading or Gillingham games.
Why Gillingham? We will play them in the league and probably the Checkout Trophy.

Good point, cant recall us previously having played one against a team in the same Division before?.
And although a 1 in 22 chance, we could play them the following week, in our first game of the season!.

Yay brilliant a 5 minute walk down the road to watch the boys and see our new signing whilst their 18 new players get to know each other :Clap::Clap:

I'm pleased that we aren't going abroad. We are Southend United, not Manchester United.

I'd rather the club live within means and stay in the UK.

As others have alluded to, it gives Bond a better chance to meet with players directly if needed.

Expat Blues fans living outside the UK may feel differently...

Last years poor pre season preparations were part of our lack of fitness and injury problems that followed.

We already have 1 more game this year and I reckon we will add another one at some stage.

Was that the case when they went to Spain?

Just because we're Exciles we shouldn't be excluded, I know we make up a small minority of the fan base, but a uk based trip is also not free and will come at a cost .

You excluded yourself by up and leaving for what ever reason,that ain't the clubs fault ffs.

That's what I love about SZ, the camaraderie that exists between Shrimper fans, wherever they may be.:Sad:

OK so we have Gills, Dagenham, Weymouth, Billericay and Milwall (Gills Bills and Mills!) plus 2 behind closed doors (why?).

OK so we have Gills, Dagenham, Weymouth, Billericay and Milwall (Gills Bills and Mills!) plus 2 behind closed doors (why?).

I get that all pretty local apart from Weymouth (and I can remember driving down there for an interview at the local Teacher Training college many years ago). But frankly none of them would make me forsake my holiday plans for a trip over for a game, though I'll be eagerly looking at our L1 fixures next Thursday to pick out a Sept/Oct.game to watch live.

You excluded yourself by up and leaving for what ever reason,that ain't the clubs fault ffs.
How does the fact that i decided to move abroad mean that I excluded myself. All it means is that when i travel to see the Blues play i have to travel that bit further.

Additionally, I think you should read my previous messages. What one did I blame the club for not choosing an overseas trip like they have in the past.????

How does the fact that i decided to move abroad mean that I excluded myself. All it means is that when i travel to see the Blues play i have to travel that bit further.

Additionally, I think you should read my previous messages. What one did I blame the club for not choosing an overseas trip like they have in the past.????

PB,

Dont waste your time arguing with Swiss,mate.Just be glad that we've signed up for Blues Player and can see every SUFC game (home and away ) for just 170 euros.A bargain.

Back