• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre season friendlies.

Behind closed doors against Bournemouth on the way back where he can assess if they have anything better than we already have available for loan.

I'm pleased that we aren't going abroad. We are Southend United, not Manchester United.

I'd rather the club live within means and stay in the UK.

As others have alluded to, it gives Bond a better chance to meet with players directly if needed.

I'm pleased that we aren't going abroad. We are Southend United, not Manchester United.

As others have alluded to, it gives Bond a better chance to meet with players directly if needed.
And saves shrimpers trust forking out to help fund it:Smile:

A trip to I of W would be okay?

H to Millwall 24/7
Just been talking to a Millwall regular who,totally unprompted,stated this fixture has been set up by Harris as part of a deal to sign up our young keeper-Bishop that is,not Smith or Bexon!

Just been talking to a Millwall regular who,totally unprompted,stated this fixture has been set up by Harris as part of a deal to sign up our young keeper-Bishop that is,not Smith or Bexon!

Can’t see KB happily letting Smith and Bexon leave in the knowledge that a game had been set up specifically as part of a deal to lose Bishop......

Why would a friendly be arranged to sign a keeper. It's hardly like they are Man u. A gate of say 3k odd isn't gonna tip the balance.

They want him they will have to pay.

Gillingham added 26th July plus another behind closed doors game.

That's at least 3 times you can see Steve Evans next season. :Sick:

I think that’s what’s known as billy big bollocks bull****

I don’t for one minute believe that. I do love the off season and some of the crazy stories that come out. If this was the case then no way would we have let Smith go.

Remember a while back at the end of the previous season when Millwall were going to sign Oxley.

Sure enough AB was in attendance for the last home game. So I said "Hear your interested in a keeper"
Adam looked at me, genuinely confused and said "Why?....We have 3 already"......Of course being AB he was happy to stay and talk about Millwalls plans that summer. Coming straight from him it made me realise how difficult it has become to make the jump from L1 to Championship.

Last edited:
Remember a while back at the end of the previous season when Millwall were going to sign Oxley.

Sure enough AB was in attendance for the last home game. So I said "Here your interested in a keeper"
Adam looked at me, genuinely confused and said "Why?....We have 3 already"..
....Of course being AB he was happy to stay and talk about Millwalls plans that summer. Coming straight from him it made me realise how difficult it has become to make the jump from L1 to Championship.

I also heard round about that time (from someone who'd sat on the same table as AB at the end of season do) that there was no truth in the rumour that Oxley was going to Millwall.

How many pre-season games did we have last season? it seems like we have much more this time around.

Less at the moment, if you include Stortford. There is still one to arrange (on 27 July?)

Last Season:
Gt Wakering (A)
Aberdeen u21 (in Spain)
Tottenham (A)
Leeds Utd (H)
B Stortford (A)
Leyton Orient (A)

Is there a "Meet the Blues" day this season? Heard nothing about this!

our current fixtures

Sat 6 July – Reading FC (behind closed doors)
Tue 9 July (7.45pm) – Billericay Town
Fri 12 July (7.45pm) – Weymouth
Wed 17 July – Exeter City (behind closed doors)
Sat 20 July (3pm) – Dagenham & Redbridge
Wed 24 July (7.30pm) – Millwall
Fri 26 July (7pm) – Gillingham

Back