• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-season can mean very little, and obviously in the scope of things does at the end of the day, although there is nothing wrong with playing well, and this is certainly our best pre-season, in terms of performances, aswell as results in many a year.

We have looked really good in pre-season so far, its been wonderful to watch to be honest.

POSITIVES

Played three, won three, deservidly so, on the whole.

Freddy still has it, especially today showed he is improving, the strength he used for his goal, was something new, due to a proper pre-season training for him.

Guttridge has looked top quality.

Jay has looked......well close to Jay, what more could we want?

Cole, only the one signing, but looks very much the part, very well taken goal, and beats players.

Bentley and barrett have looked as good as they did last year.

Maher is working far harder, under threat possibly
smile.gif

Couple of trialists look good, Jozic and Wright

Juppy keep those shots comming  
tounge.gif

Darryl and Bart, done very well on the whole, only conceded once between them, maybe Darryl was at fault there, and Bart has had a few hairy moments, but solid on the whole.

Gray (Wayne, not Kev) has run hard, and looked sharp on the whole.

Lawson has looked very good in my opinion, will need to bulk up before he is ready, but he appears to have the natural talent, only time can tell if he can mature into a first team player.

NEGATIVES

Hunt, has disappointed me im affraid, did not look good at right back against Chelmsford, and poor in the middle today, ok against Milwall.

Pettefer, has not done anything wrong, just a shame he has not had a chance due to his knock of showing himself in pre-season.

Wilson, has just shown what we all thought, is a weak spot, and could well prove to be a liability in league 1.

Gower, did not play at Chelmsford, same as Petts reason, but against Milwall, i thought he looked very tired, very quickly, and not yet back to his best, when i herd he was on track with the rest, and full fitness.

Freddy and Wayne need cover, but we knew that anyway.

cool.gif

What does anybody think?  I miss anything?

Burgers tasted nice to me.

I'd disagree with Hunt to be honest. Didn't see the Chelmsford game, so am basing this on tuesday and today. Hunt looked a solid right back on tuesday night and is well worth being first choice. Today, Jupp played better than him, although Hunt didn't do anything wrong. He came back on at central midfield today and knocked the ball around well and kept us ticking over. Not as good as Maher, or even Guttridge in this role and would be a last resort.

Also, Wright (The left back) hasn't looked that impressive at all. Looked shaky on tuesday night and wasn't really tested out today.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 23 2005,19:55)]He came back on at central midfield today and knocked the ball around well and kept us ticking over. Not as good as Maher, or even Guttridge in this role and would be a last resort.
What do you mean by that?
rock.gif

Wasn't meant to sound quite like that
tounge.gif

I meant Maher is normally the playing that keeps the ball moving for us in the middle of the park. During his absence during pre-season Guttridge has done this role extremely effectively and would probably be the player to replace Maher if he got suspended, injured or dropped. If Guttridge is suspended, injured or dropped at the same time Hunt could play this role.

You understand now? Please don't think I'm abusing Guttridge, he is fast becoming one of my faviourite players, and easily the best player during pre-season, along with 3 goals in 3 games Freddy Eastwood.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 23 2005,20:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 23 2005,20:11)]along with 3 goals in 3 games Freddy Eastwood.
One today, one on Tuesday, but when was the other?
Like museshrimper said, Vs Chelmsford City.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 23 2005,20:15)]
[b said:
[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 23 2005,20:11)]along with 3 goals in 3 games Freddy Eastwood.
Apologies for being petty, but he didn't score against Chelmsford.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 23 2005,20:11)]Wasn't meant to sound quite like that
tounge.gif

I meant Maher is normally the playing that keeps the ball moving for us in the middle of the park. During his absence during pre-season Guttridge has done this role extremely effectively and would probably be the player to replace Maher if he got suspended, injured or dropped. If Guttridge is suspended, injured or dropped at the same time Hunt could play this role.

You understand now? Please don't think I'm abusing Guttridge, he is fast becoming one of my faviourite players, and easily the best player during pre-season, along with 3 goals in 3 games Freddy Eastwood.
Ok then. It did sound a bit odd!
wink.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (blues_r_best @ July 23 2005,20:17)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Er, yes he did. I'll refer you to the match report on the official site

Chelmsford City 0 - 1 Southend United

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 23 2005,20:23)]
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
Er, yes he did. I'll refer you to the match report on the official site

Chelmsford City 0 - 1 Southend United
No, he didn't.

Why doesn't it say that on the official site then?

Why didn't Freddy say that instead of saving he was pleased with his first goal of pre-season?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (BoyWonder2 @ July 23 2005,20:32)]Why doesn't it say that on the official site then?

Why didn't Freddy say that instead of saving he was pleased with his first goal of pre-season?
Dunno, but what I do know is that he didn't score in that match.

[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
[b said:
I know mate, but hes claiming it, i spoke to him after it, and he wont budge on it.

Not to be a partypooper (hey I bought my first season ticket this season), but the last time we had a great pre-season Wignal was in charge

Back