• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

Being suggested that EFL might now delay vote until next week- given one of the two alleged options is play on this endless dither and delay is making this ever more unlikely? Combined with that the indications appear to be that there will just be one PPG option presented- the same as L2 (without the L2 request on relegation).

The delay's probably because they know that clubs who will be in 7-10 who have spent a fortune on their promotion bid, and who are now also aware of wage cup proposals, will go potty- namely the likes of Peterborough, Sunderland and maybe Ipswich.

Do EFL roll over with an extended playoff ridding themselves of the last sheds of their integrity, or go with what they appear to have decided accepting it could get very legal on the whole thing unravelling altogether.

So down the road the can goes??
Just get on with it and make a decision for christ sake. Why is there a vote anyway? Clubs are obviously going to vote for the option that best suites where they are in the league. Is it any wonder Ron and the Tranmere chairman want the season voided and all the play off teams all want the season resumed? Just need the EFL to weigh up all the information and options and make a decision that they feel is fairest. Someone will inevitably get screwed but there are no winners here. Just make a call. My opinion is it should be cancelled and done on points per game. I think that is the fairest way to do it.

This is like a slow painful death.

I'm teetering on the edge of really falling out of love with football over all this, at the risk of sounding overly dramatic. I'm not missing football anywhere near as much as I thought I would, the German games I watched all of them and it felt like a chore and I'm genuinely not bothered if we are relegated or not, the Euro tickets I have I might just sell back, it doesn't bode well. Has anyone else questioned their love for the game?

To be honest I'm not that interested in watching football anyway unless it involves a team I have an interest in, or is a potential giant killing or or maybe a cup final or something. An average league game, particularly a foreign one with no fans there, holds no interest for me. But I'd agree the greed & squabbling over how to end the season so the 'haves' can 'have a bit more' & the 'havent's' like us get steamrollered, does leave you thinking its all so corrupt & whats the point.

Lol yes but what to bet on

i do not see no relegation, from what i understand there will be relegation from L1
That what they said re L2- yes EFL have to ratify but they are so weak that if both leagues voted for it and there was threat of further action they would yet again crumble.

Seems Palios is open to PPG with 3-10 in playoffs IF no relegations. Southend and Bolton ultimately would probably join them- those 3 votes probably get the PPG with 3-10 playoff over the line. Politics I am afraid.

EFL will hate it- but no sympathy- unholy mess born of their own utter stupidity. If the clubs have voted for no relegation. the competition rules say no relegation, then the chances of Tranmere getting an injunction will be approaching 100%..

Wake me up when someone makes a decision :Dizzy:
"Mr GrumpyBlue, Mr GrumpyBlue! Time to wake up!
"Oh, don't mind the rubble. It's 2033 and I have good news! Our robot masters say they'll be announcing the decision about the EFL later today.
"And you must try some of this new, delicious Soylent Green!"

Relegation all but confirmed:

It won't end there. Expect Ron to be on to a lawyer asap

Don’t think thats a surprise really

I'd favour us to play out the remaining games. I fancy our chances to turn this round, with most clubs probably having reduced squads by the time we restart. By the way I've had a boozy lunch.

Boozy or on the crack cocaine diet?

It was a glimmer of hope we honestly didn't deserve. Take it on the chin and focus on next season, when we can. For the good of football lawsuits etc should not be happening

For the good of football, the season should have been voided as nobody had been mathematically promoted/relegated.

Did i read somewhere that there are salary caps next season with a maximum squad of 20 senior players? Won't matter to us, most of our squad is from the youth anyway. But might help cut the big spenders in the leagues who think they can buy their way out of the leagues..

It was a glimmer of hope we honestly didn't deserve. Take it on the chin and focus on next season, when we can. For the good of football lawsuits etc should not be happening

Though I agree in principle, the EFL have really not done a good job this whole season, including the Bolton and Bury debacles way back in different times - if it takes lawsuits to make them start managing the game properly then perhaps they would be for the good of football?

I agree with this, though I think the way they are handling it is wrong as it contradicts their own rules I think we are above suing them

Back