• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Promotion and relegation 2019/20 season

Yes that’s my understanding too. BTW from a fairly detailed Twitter conversation with Nicola Palios at Tranmere their reading is exactly as mine on the competition rules and the debacle generally. My belief is that they will push for a promotions and no relegations solution (Mark Palios is supposedly crafting a proposal I hear on TalkSport)

If L1 voted for promotions and no relegations given that L2 already have then the EFL will have a problem- it’s not the EFL’s decision ultimately if the are changing the rules
Thats very true, it comes down to the FA i believe, but i think they also want promotion and relegations, as it was them that said i to the premier league

Quite. Legal technicalities aside, if you genuinely believe we would have stayed up (and deserved to do so) if the season had played out, there is professional help available out there.

What we deserve is for the EFL to apply the rules of the competition. All clubs began the season on that basis. Our chance of staying up would have been 100-1 - but someone has to win the lottery. But they are separate discussions- I don’t believe anyone would truly think we were going to stay up, at the same time it not wrong to say we had a chance of doing so.

Thats very true, it comes down to the FA i believe, but i think they also want promotion and relegations, as it was them that said i to the premier league

As Nicola Palios pointed out, and I have previously posted the FA impassioned reasoning, it was the FA who very clearly have said in writing that relegation under PPG is wrong- I think the FA has even less credibility than the EFL if that’s humanly possible.

As Nicola Palios pointed out, and I have previously posted the FA impassioned reasoning, it was the FA who very clearly have said in writing that relegation under PPG is wrong- I think the FA has even less credibility than the EFL if that’s humanly possible.
Both have been poor in this.

I am fed up with the whole thing both personally and professionally.

It is a fairly subtle L2 vote, promote but no to demotion; what if L1 votes for both promote and demote then the L2 vote is not concurred with; and no resolution majority passed as surely at least 4 clubs in L1 will not vote for a demotion.

What we deserve is for the EFL to apply the rules of the competition. All clubs began the season on that basis. Our chance of staying up would have been 100-1 - but someone has to win the lottery. But they are separate discussions- I don’t believe anyone would truly think we were going to stay up, at the same time it not wrong to say we had a chance of doing so.

Absolutely. We have a chance of staying up and I couldn't give a toss what's fair and how it impacts other clubs. I want Southend to stay up, end of. I understand the impulse to be the 'adult in the room', but you come across as a pompous prig and it's not a great look.

I see for the women’s league the FA are now offering an option of promotions with no relegations- complete and utter shambles

Absolutely. We have a chance of staying up and I couldn't give a toss what's fair and how it impacts other clubs. I want Southend to stay up, end of. I understand the impulse to be the 'adult in the room', but you come across as a pompous prig and it's not a great look.

I’m sure we don’t need to insult each other :-) I merely give my views as do you.

Perplexing in this case as you liked my original comment and actually we agree with each other. Would hate to hear what you call people you disagree with :-)

I’m sure we don’t need to insult each other :-) I merely give my views as do you.

Perplexing in this case as you liked my original comment and actually we agree with each other. Would hate to hear what you call people you disagree with :-)

Sorry mate, that was not directed at you. I think you have made consistently persuasive arguments. I’m really directing my ire at all those who want to roll over and accept relegation.

The rules as applied at the beginning of the season ,should be the ones ruled on now ,When all this is finally over those people in the FA and those that run the EFL should all immediately resign and allow people with integrity ,who go by the rules to take over . They can then put into law changes to the rules ,so that this shambles never happens again .

No one, for their supporters, want to see any club go into administration. Is this article sadly a realistic interpretation of where we stand at the moment?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...without-urgent-govt-bailout-mp-warns-11992483

If, ufortunately, this turns out to be true, is there an immediate twelve point penalty for those clubs and what consequences could that have on the promotion relegation situation in Leagues One and Two?

No one, for their supporters, want to see any club go into administration. Is this article sadly a realistic interpretation of where we stand at the moment?

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavi...without-urgent-govt-bailout-mp-warns-11992483

If, ufortunately, this turns out to be true, is there an immediate twelve point penalty for those clubs and what consequences could that have on the promotion relegation situation in Leagues One and Two?
Sadly this is true, k hadn’t heard it was that many clubs, could be a bit of overplay to get some money for those struggling, but there are around 6 clubs in very bad shape. It should also be remembered that the EFL have yet to pass any of the 125 million received from the premier league onto their clubs. Of that amount only a certain amount was coming to help i think 55-60 million, think the rest was to help the EFL survive as well, not sure though. We can all guess why the EFL have kept onto it, and it has been mentioned on this thread a few times. All in all it is shocking that it hasnt been passed on, truly terrible in my opinion

Sadly this is true, k hadn’t heard it was that many clubs, could be a bit of overplay to get some money for those struggling, but there are around 6 clubs in very bad shape. It should also be remembered that the EFL have yet to pass any of the 125 million received from the premier league onto their clubs. Of that amount only a certain amount was coming to help i think 55-60 million, think the rest was to help the EFL survive as well, not sure though. We can all guess why the EFL have kept onto it, and it has been mentioned on this thread a few times. All in all it is shocking that it hasnt been passed on, truly terrible in my opinion

There should be a complete and thorough investigation into the financial operating side of the EFP and Premier League

Would I be right in thinking that we are one of the clubs that are in real danger or are we in a bit of a better place ?

Would I be right in thinking that we are one of the clubs that are in real danger or are we in a bit of a better place ?
We are not one of the clubs that’s I heard, by all accounts we have had issues but we are definsatyerly not one of the 6 clubs in very bad shape.

The re financing that has been done and of course the FF news will buy us some time for sure, however as Ron has always kept us going even if he is moving Peter to past Paul

My immediate thought is "Only 10?"

I'm not in agreement that any football club should be bailed out from outside. Football from top to bottom have lived in a dream world for many years, that includes supporters, players, owners, agents and now everything is coming crashing down. There is no one to blame but themselves. With the Premiership in their little bubble I have my doubts about whether anything will change for the better soon. Hope I am being pessimistic and will be proved wrong.

Back