• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Angell Delight

Life President
...."Angell Delight" as yesterday his identity was assumed by an as yet unconfirmed (although I know for a fact it was "statski") poster on this board. Let this be a lesson to anyone with an obvious password and a simple and pathetic pal on SZ!!

I chose "Angell Delight" as a tribute to the one-and-only Bretty Angell without whose goals we would never have reached the promised land of the then Division Two. As many will remember this was often the quite obvious and (over-used) headline in the papers after a "Big Brett" goal and subsequent win.

Just to set one thing clear though - statski's posts as Proud Shrimper over the past day or two are in no shape or form representative of my own views and I wish to set the record straight:

(a) I DON'T believe Eastwood should be sold (as suggested by statski), this would be criminal before the deadline and if he's happy to stay another year we don't necessarily have to sell him until the end of next season when he will have one year left on his contract (unless a large bid is received in the meantime....selling him before the deadline though would be suicide!).

(b) I DON'T believe Jupp is an adequate replacement for Hunt (also suggested by statski), yes he is excellent going forward but our top 3 push has been largely based on our much improved defensive record. Jupp is shaky at the back and easily our weakest link in defence - I genuinely believe the loss of Hunt could seriously affect our chances of automatic promotion this season.

Finally although the Guttridge deal appears to be off I still wouldn't be at all surprised to see him sign for us before the deadline. IMHO he would be an exceptional signing for SUFC, don't forget Cambridge rejected a bid of £360,000 from Charlton less than a year ago for the boy who has always impressed me when I've seen him. The only thing that concerns me is the future of Jay if he does sign, I still don't think Tilly will release Jay but you never know. Put it this way though, a midfield with Maher, Bentley, Smith and Guttridge to choose from would not look out of place in League One.....

And remember - Proud Shrimper is now "ANGELL DELIGHT!"

biggrin.gif

I believe that Angell Delight, Proud Shrimper and even Statski are all one person and you (all 3 of you, if you like) need to see a psychiatrist.

tounge.gif

Agreed. The're all a disgrace and i can't believe i'm associated with any of them.

One fact remains Proud Shrimper/Angell (pr*ck) Delight DID say Pony Richards was God.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (overseas shrimper @ Mar. 17 2005,13:32)]I believe that Angell Delight, Proud Shrimper and even Statski are all one person and you (all 3 of you, if you like) need to see a psychiatrist.

tounge.gif
Ah but you'll notice that "statski" talks cr@p which categorically rules that theory out....
biggrin.gif

As for you Draft I think after the Halifax game and his performance at Birmingham I told you I thought Tony Richards was "GOOD" not God - and that opinion soon changed after his next appearance!
cool.gif

I think you just want to be a school boy again. You disgust me!
You wait for the LDV final, myself and Statski will have our name in lights and once again you will be left in the shadows.:p

Lets just face it ''Angell Delight'' or as we all know you Slackman

You've been living in my shadow for the past 6 years now and that will never change

Just face it I will always go one better than you

And you know it.

Its only a matter of time before I announce myself to a more global audience
tounge.gif

Back