• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pub Name Changes

Harry or Firestorm may recall this place.It was down the back alleys off Alexandra street and all I seem to remember is it was a popular music venue and called The Harold Dogg or something similar?

Blimey, yes, it wasn't a pub or bar, it was a sort of coffee shop. Definitely something Dog, IIRC it was shut down because of drug dealing on the premises.

I know Drummonds became a branch of Santander or something?

Shane Westley used to do the door there whilst still playing, can you imagine Bil running a door in town between matches ... well actually i can :smile:

I do love Creakys input to these threads, it always gives away the fact he's gotta be nearly 70 when he claims to be half that :hilarious:

Does that include gay bars. :winking:

Last gay bar I was in,(and the only one to my knowledge),was an excellent pub near the Millenium Stadium before and after our 2nd visit there.A lot of Shrimpers walked in,took one look around and went straight out again, missing out on an excellent selection of draft beers and a great jukebox.The two (straight)Shrimpers I was with and myself had a fine old time there.:smiles:

Nope. Club Art was Storm. Phones in the club was when MrBs changed to Buzz.

Gotcha, think phones were put in when Mr Bs was change to Ad lib.

Also been reminded that Churchills was also called Hickories after Turtle Bay.

The White Hart in Bletchley turned into a mosque. Doubt they serve real ale or sausage rolls now. :sad:

The Dick Turpin on the A127 used to be The Brighton Run, The Sutton Arms was once The Fishermans and on a personal note, while living in Plymouth I always prefered Boobs as a stinking, rotting rathole to the refit that became Norma Jeans.

Back