• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ranger out for the rest of the season

I feel for the lad. I was very vocal about the signing and believed we shouldn’t have taken such a gamble in the first place but it isn’t nice that it’s ended in such a manner.

His season is over, he was never close to being fit and it showed on Saturday.

I guess the same people demanding he should play will now move on to the next one. Still at least we have learnt one thing in the last 4 days..... The reason no one else had signed Ranger and Holmes. The same reason no one has signed Simpson.

On what evidence did it show he was never close to being fit? If this was in regards to the groin injury it was an accident on how he landed on the edge of the pitch defending, I am know where close to being fit to play Sunday league at the moment and I slip all the time and don’t do my groin, his injury was nothing to do with fitness

On what evidence did it show he was never close to being fit? If this was in regards to the groin injury it was an accident on how he landed on the edge of the pitch defending, I am know where close to being fit to play Sunday league at the moment and I slip all the time and don’t do my groin, his injury was nothing to do with fitness

The evidence was there for us all to see. he was breathing out of his ..... If your out of the game and have done sod all fro 3 years then you will suffer far more from a slip than the man who has been playing. I thought that would be was obvious to all. Applies to all physical activity.

The evidence was there for us all to see. he was breathing out of his ..... If your out of the game and have done sod all fro 3 years then you will suffer far more from a slip than the man who has been playing. I thought that would be was obvious to all. Applies to all physical activity.

Read my post properly, like I say Im not fit but sometimes I may slip and my groin is fine. Not only I’ve done sod all football wise for the last 3 years, I’ve done sod all fitness. Ranger had been training with the club for the best part of 3 months, whether out on the pitch or in the gym. Look at his physical condition, plenty of muscle tone and not carrying any timber. I think we can all agree that he wasn’t match fit enough to last 90 minutes but he certainly was fit enough to last the remaining 15 minutes. If he had started and done his groin after 80 minutes then you may have a point due to the excess use of them muscles over a period of time, but not 10 minutes. Also he was not blowing out his arse, he seems ok to me. There is also a saying of second wind when returning from injury

Read my post properly, like I say Im not fit but sometimes I may slip and my groin is fine. Not only I’ve done sod all football wise for the last 3 years, I’ve done sod all fitness. Ranger had been training with the club for the best part of 3 months, whether out on the pitch or in the gym. Look at his physical condition, plenty of muscle tone and not carrying any timber. I think we can all agree that he wasn’t match fit enough to last 90 minutes but he certainly was fit enough to last the remaining 15 minutes. If he had started and done his groin after 80 minutes then you may have a point due to the excess use of them muscles over a period of time, but not 10 minutes. Also he was not blowing out his arse, he seems ok to me. There is also a saying of second wind when returning from injury

He has not been training for 3 months. In fact just recently he had a calf strain so wasn't training. You know yourselve that lots of long term injured players pick up other new injuries on their return.

Two things.... Forget Ranger as its not going to happen now, why and how is not important. The other thing is if you keep slipping you need to check your footwear, or change your studs.

He has not been training for 3 months. In fact just recently he had a calf strain so wasn't training. You know yourselve that lots of long term injured players pick up other new injuries on their return.

Two things.... Forget Ranger as its not going to happen now, why and how is not important. The other thing is if you keep slipping you need to check your footwear, or change your studs.

I’m not talking about myself slipping on the football pitch I’m talking in general, slippery footpath, tripping on the kids toys, stumbling on stairs and ladders etc. What I’m trying to get across is the injury he got was one of them, unlucky, could have happened to anyone on the pitch, the fact it was Ranger and the blame is his lack matches he played over the last few years. It could have happened to someone like Hobson but his fitness wouldn’t have been in question

Think it's very borderline that ranger wil! be kept if it's 6 weeks plus

Im sure Nile will be on time for all his medical and physio appointments. We could fully trust him to follow a strict regime away from the club to not only allow the injury to repair but maintain his top level of fitness.

Call me a gullible old fool but it would be shear madness not to put our trust and money in keeping him on as player.

Be very interesting to see what happens on his next appearance.

I have to say I was quite impressed with his brief cameo. Upfront he did well in the air and at the back similarly covered extremely well as in the past, I personally saw little sign of him being exhausted after 10 minutes and thought he looked in pretty good nick, I wasn’t expecting more than the usual first start 20 minutes
either way it’s sadly not material now, and I feel very sorry for Nile after his efforts, especially if that accident is his season wiped out. He would have provided something different upfront and more competuition amongst 5he strikers, which is
never a bad thing

I’m not talking about myself slipping on the football pitch I’m talking in general, slippery footpath, tripping on the kids toys, stumbling on stairs and ladders etc. What I’m trying to get across is the injury he got was one of them, unlucky, could have happened to anyone on the pitch, the fact it was Ranger and the blame is his lack matches he played over the last few years. It could have happened to someone like Hobson but his fitness wouldn’t have been in question

Yes i know you was talking about your domestic slips (changing studs was a poor joke).

Nile didn't trip over the kids toys, he stretched his groin on a football pitch. When he signed, someone claimed that his legs will still be young as they haven't been used. That was utter nonsense. Use it or lose it. Two people doing the exact same activity, including slipping...The fittest person always has the advantage...otherwise no one would ever do any training.

It's a shame as he genuinely looked to be trying to change his life and take his chance.

It remains to be seen whether he will play again for the the football club.

I certainly think with a full pre season and a lot of hard work he is still a cheaper and better option than a lot of other players.

He is a very good option in league 2 and would be a cut above in the national league.

Sorry Riggers this just isn't funny. You and some fellow fans need to get off your moral high horse.

What would be acceptable to you....Abusing Acquah. How about MM or Ron, he is always a safe bet.

Morals have nothing to do with it. Sadly some of you are mugged off more easily than the rest of us. That does not mean we have to be silent.

You'd be blowing out of your arse having been sat on a cold seat for most of a game then brought on to chase and harry around upfront, on your own, then run half a pitch back to defend a corner....
I'm not trying to pretend Nile was to be our goalscoring messiah, but he did fit into the MM team it seemed, so that is the most frustrating thing, now we wont get to see him play.
If we were that worried about his fitness, should he even be required to come back for corners ?
I used to really hate strikers coming back to defend corners as a defender, shift them out to the edge of the box to mark !
Apart from the Ranger haters, everyone will be gutted about this injury as we all knew what a difference Nile will make at the bottom of League Two.
We couldnt afford to buy that. Hurry back soon Nile..

this, kinda sums up Southend and its 'luck', 'due dilligence', 'clutching at straws' for the past few years......... we need something more solid to base our future on, and I know it would be awful for many, but starting at the roots, even if it was at a lower grade.... as a song i know once said, 'got to go backwards, to go onwards'.

Back