• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Ranger out for the rest of the season

You'd be blowing out of your arse having been sat on a cold seat for most of a game then brought on to chase and harry around upfront, on your own, then run half a pitch back to defend a corner....
I'm not trying to pretend Nile was to be our goalscoring messiah, but he did fit into the MM team it seemed, so that is the most frustrating thing, now we wont get to see him play.
If we were that worried about his fitness, should he even be required to come back for corners ?
I used to really hate strikers coming back to defend corners as a defender, shift them out to the edge of the box to mark !
Apart from the Ranger haters, everyone will be gutted about this injury as we all knew what a difference Nile will make at the bottom of League Two.
We couldnt afford to buy that. Hurry back soon Nile..

Not at his age I wouldn't. Not even at 40. If he was not capable of coming back for a corner, then what is he doing on the pitch. He was lazy in training the first time we had him. Even with Jamie Douglas there to be his personal trainer.

The rest of the team can now ge on with it and the most overrated of players wont be able to spoil team unity anymore.

Last edited:
I note Ranger isn't listed in the first team squad on the club website. Not sure if he was ever added - but other recent signings, including Montgomery, are in there

It isnt good news really, and it was a shot in the dark signing For sure

A grade 1 is about 10 days, a grade 2 is 2-3 weeks if all goes well (I know as I have done this exact injury when playing vets football a few years back) and a grade 3 4-6 weeks depending.

If it is a 2 then he could be back for the run in, if a mild 3 then possibly nay more then unlikely.

I understand Rigsby’s the, but hopefully having a kid has sorted his off field issues out. If all is well with that then I do think he will be with us next season

What would be acceptable to you....Abusing Acquah. How about MM or Ron, he is always a safe bet.

Morals have nothing to do with it. Sadly some of you are mugged off more easily than the rest of us. That does not mean we have to be silent.
Riggers, really sometimes you do yourself no favours. Ironically I have defended Acquah as a young man learning his trade who is by no means the finished article. The abuse of Emile just like the harping on about Nile's past is boring and nasty. As for MM here goes. I said to my brother before the home game with Cambridge that I was looking forward to it as it would show how far we've come (and although we lost it is a very very long way in about 5 months). I also said I thought we'd stay up but it might take until the last game of the season. I also said we have a top manager who if he keeps us up has to go down in Blues history given the dysfunctional mess he inherited. I also said unfortunately we'd lose him to a Championship club. There I've said it. As for Ron well......

Riggers, really sometimes you do yourself no favours. Ironically I have defended Acquah as a young man learning his trade who is by no means the finished article. The abuse of Emile just like the harping on about Nile's past is boring and nasty. As for MM here goes. I said to my brother before the home game with Cambridge that I was looking forward to it as it would show how far we've come (and although we lost it is a very very long way in about 5 months). I also said I thought we'd stay up but it might take until the last game of the season. I also said we have a top manager who if he keeps us up has to go down in Blues history given the dysfunctional mess he inherited. I also said unfortunately we'd lose him to a Championship club. There I've said it. As for Ron well......

I wasn't accusing you of being chief abuser. My point was aimed in general. Why should Ranger have a get out of jail free card (pun intended) over others.

The idea on here that your past is your past is naive at best. It was never a few minor things and i know more than most on here, that means your past will dictate your future.

A shame. From MM's comments about Nile I think he was relying on him. He'll have to go to plan B whatever that is. We really don't have anyone with a real eye for goal. Holmes looks a possibility but won't manage a whole game. Emile's hold up play is coming on nicely but his scoring isn't. Not sure what he'll do.
Emile is not the answer

We don’t need a circus around us at the moment. We need a team of grafters, maybe not big names or impressive to the eye, but folk who will do their job quietly and unassuming.

Look at Clifford and John White (who I’m not his biggest fan). They’ve made a marked improvement to our defence.

Look at Fergusson and Taylor in midfield. Big improvements. (Ok Fergie catches the eye now and again, but he does his job well and in an unassuming way).

Then up front,maybe we’ve struggled a bit, but where there has been success it has been through people who don’t come with a sideshow. Those who try to get on and do their job.

We have to be careful that scraping the barrel of free agents even further doesn’t frustrate those who have been working hard to make us into a side difficult to beat.

Objectively largely disappears out of the window when discussing Nile Ranger. Comments by and large are completely dictated by the filter through which he is viewed. So its pointless trying to convince people one way or the other.

As far as I can see the view of the person who really matters (and as far as I know he doesn't post on here) seems to be:
- he sees as he finds
- Nile has trained very well and diligently and do all he has been asked to do
- he has impressed in training
- he brings something that we are missing and MM appreciates
- even in his short cameo (plus training games) MM sees him adding something to the squad

So irrespective of what the experts on here think it is both likely we will see him again this season and that we will see him next. Like it or not.

Objectively largely disappears out of the window when discussing Nile Ranger. Comments by and large are completely dictated by the filter through which he is viewed. So its pointless trying to convince people one way or the other.

As far as I can see the view of the person who really matters (and as far as I know he doesn't post on here) seems to be:
- he sees as he finds
- Nile has trained very well and diligently and do all he has been asked to do
- he has impressed in training
- he brings something that we are missing and MM appreciates
- even in his short cameo (plus training games) MM sees him adding something to the squad

So irrespective of what the experts on here think it is both likely we will see him again this season and that we will see him next. Like it or not.

Should never make that assumption with Nile Ranger. Your right though, as Mark Twain once said. "Its easier to fool people than convince them they have been fooled"

Time will tell.

Should never make that assumption with Nile Ranger. Your right though, as Mark Twain once said. "Its easier to fool people than convince them they have been fooled"

Time will tell.
With GPS and all the modern setups etc. Look if MM thinks he's training well that's good enough for me. And just because someone disagrees with you it does not mean they've been fooled.

With GPS and all the modern setups etc. Look if MM thinks he's training well that's good enough for me. And just because someone disagrees with you it does not mean they've been fooled.

Of course it doesn't, I haven't claimed that. But if you put your trust in Nile Ranger for a 3rd time then you have been. He fooled people before his prison sentence and took the p out every single person involved with the club after his release. They all put themselves out and it cost some their jobs...

He beats up young women and robs old women. I'm glad he will take no further part in our relegation battle. It will mean more when we stay up without him.

For those that want to make mugs of themselves then crack on but I wont be one of them.

I don't really want to persue this as it's getting tedious. But you said that Nile had not trained as described by MM. And that will no doubt come as a surprise to him. I presume you have the evidence. That was rhetoric BTW

Not good news at all, wonder if that’ll be it now for him at this club or any league club, big shame :Sad:

I knew it would all end in tears (again).. just not because of a season ending injury. I feel bad for the lad, he’s clearly got the drive to play again and it seemed as if he was very grateful for the chance we gave him but for now, it’s time we end this whole saga.

V difficult for anyone out the game so long to get fit and stay fit. Its one thing running about in training another playing competitive football. Exactly why we shouldn't consider Simpson.

Back