• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Andyhsufc

Director
I am interested to see if people saw todays game as i saw it? -

Collis - 6 - Didnt have a huge amount to do apart from pick the ball out of the net
Francis - 7 - I thought he was one of the few bright points in todays match. Thought he worked hard and got forward well when he could
Clarke - 8 - Once again our best player. Got in a number of blocks, in two cases goal saving ones, and won a number of headers
Hunt - 5.5 - Not a centre half and his positoning was woeful at times
Barrett - 5.5 - Another poor game today. Positioning was poor and didnt get as many tackles in as usual
Gower - 5 - One of the those days for him. Gave the ball away consistantly and their full back had him all game
Maher - 4 - He was the worst player on the pitch imo. Gave the ball away in the centre of the park numerous times and even his switich balls were poor
Macca - 5 - Gave the ball away numerous times and was only a threat in the last 15 mins
Bailey - 6 - Worked hard but not his usual influentional self
Morgan - 5.5 - Probably his best game for us but was still very frustrating
Macdonald - 7 - Worked exceptionally hard and held the ball up. Let down by poor service from midfield

Hooper - 6 - Made one good run and looked lively but missed a guilt edged chance
Black - 5.5 - Did bugger all!!

My conclusions are -

* Playing 3 CM does not work as macca drifts into centre and leaves wings exposed
* Morgan is not good enough
* Barrett needs to be dropped
* Maher will have to go end of season despite my feelings that he is a legend. He is passed it imo
* We need to sign a fast, creative striker and partner him with charlie m
* Hooper is improving; Black isn't

i would be interested to hear other peoples opinions so fire away!

P.S. PLEASE JOIN THE PETER CLARKE APPRECIATION SOCIETY, HE IS A LEGEND!!

Last edited:
Keigan parker? He is fast, not a bad finisher and is definitely available

I am interested to see if people saw todays game as i saw it? -

Collis - 6 - Didnt have a huge amount to do apart from pick the ball out of the net
Francis - 7 - I thought he was one of the few bright points in todays match. Thought he worked hard and got forward well when he could
Clarke - 8 - Once again our best player. Got in a number of blocks, in two cases goal saving ones, and won a number of headers
Hunt - 5.5 - Not a centre half and his positoning was woeful at times
Barrett - 5.5 - Another poor game today. Positioning was poor and didnt get as many tackles in as usual
Gower - 5 - One of the those days for him. Gave the ball away consistantly and their full back had him all game
Maher - 4 - He was the worst player on the pitch imo. Gave the ball away in the centre of the park numerous times and even his switich balls were poor
Macca - 5 - Gave the ball away numerous times and was only a threat in the last 15 mins
Bailey - 6 - Worked hard but not his usual influentional self
Morgan - 5.5 - Probably his best game for us but was still very frustrating
Macdonald - 7 - Worked exceptionally hard and held the ball up. Let down by poor service from midfield

Hooper - 6 - Made one good run and looked lively but missed a guilt edged chance
Black - 5.5 - Did bugger all!!

My conclusions are -

* Playing 3 CM does not work as macca drifts into centre and leaves wings exposed
* Morgan is not good enough
* Barrett needs to be dropped
* Maher will have to go end of season despite my feelings that he is a legend. He is passed it imo
* We need to sign a fast, creative striker and partner him with charlie m
* Hooper is improving; Black isn't

i would be interested to hear other peoples opinions so fire away!

Good grief, someone who was at the same game as me! Spot on sir

Good grief, someone who was at the same game as me! Spot on sir

Yep, agree with most of that however thought the way Collis picked the ball out of the net was amateurish!

My God when will you people realise how poor Clarke is ???? Sure he gets in good blocks and does the ugly side of his job well at times BUT he gives possession back to the opposition almost every time he has the ball at his feet either by an miss placed pass or header or more commonly by an overhit long ball . Time after time , match after match . I dont attatch all the blame to him , it amazes me the number of times he takes the ball off the keeper and promptly loses it , if the coaching staff are happy ith it then it is as much their fault . But how and why can a lad who gives the ball away so cheaply be seen as our best player ???

For what it's worth I'd rate the team today as follows:
Collis - 6
Francis - 7
Barrett - 5
Clarke - 7
Hunt - 6
Bailey - 5
Maher - 4
Gower - 4
McCormack - 6
Morgan - 5
MacDonald - 6

Subs:
Hooper - 7
Black - 3

Management - 2.

been away for the last few days and missed the bristol rovers fall-out... seems however that barrett has had another poor game, and so it must be time for richards to get back in the team?

been away for the last few days and missed the bristol rovers fall-out... seems however that barrett has had another poor game, and so it must be time for richards to get back in the team?

Couldn't agree more. Not sure he deserves his 4 and a half year contract on present form

Barrett was played out of position at left back so unless Richards can play there that argument doesnt hold much weight...

Barrett was played out of position at left back so unless Richards can play there that argument doesnt hold much weight...

oh ok i looked at the team sheet and assumed it was the same as donny, with hunt at LB and barrett CB

Back