• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Reading and MK Dons

there was a spanish game the other month where the ref "sent off" the ball boys. They were giving the ball to the home team quickly & delaying it for the away team
laugh.gif

its not a fair option. I noticed how different we play at home using the one ball, to the quick return of MK Dons balls.

Got very confusing seeing a ball go into a stand, and all the sudden Mk Dons taking a throw in. The whole idea of sticking the ball out of play in a defensive situtation, is to bide some time for people to get back when your in trouble, if there is a ball ready to be thrown back in, it means you have to play a different game altogether.

Also i noticed at MK Dons in the final 5 mins, the ball boys didnt even bother getting the balls, they just sat down. Form of cheating really.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Mar. 25 2006,13:59)]I remember a few years ago a ball ball refusing to give the ball to Roycie who wanted to take a quick goal kick a few minutes before the end of a match when we were going for the equaliser. Cheating little ****
Isnt a ball ball something you hang off of your xmas tree?
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Kingshrimp @ Mar. 27 2006,11:20)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (C'mon you Blues @ Mar. 25 2006,13:59)]I remember a few years ago a ball ball refusing to give the ball to Roycie who wanted to take a quick goal kick a few minutes before the end of a match when we were going for the equaliser. Cheating little ****
Isnt a ball ball something you hang off of your xmas tree?
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Mar. 25 2006,12:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Soton Blue @ Mar. 25 2006,12:35)]Col U used multi-ball system against us.  Look what happened to them.
Doesn't exactly invalidate the argument though...

I think it's something we SHOULD look into doing.
Take every advantage we can.
Tranmere also did, but their ball boys got it wrong. They fetched the ball that had gone out before giving the waiting player the spare one.

Made me laugh all day that did.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (londonblue @ Mar. 27 2006,11:38)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (South Bank Hank @ Mar. 25 2006,12:43)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Soton Blue @ Mar. 25 2006,12:35)]Col U used multi-ball system against us.  Look what happened to them.
Doesn't exactly invalidate the argument though...

I think it's something we SHOULD look into doing.
Take every advantage we can.
Tranmere also did, but their ball boys got it wrong. They fetched the ball that had gone out before giving the waiting player the spare one.

Made me laugh all day that did.
Scousers arn't know for their brain matter.
biggrin.gif

How can it be cheating if the ball is returned quickly for both teams? If only the home team are getting the ball back quickly or they change the system depending on the score at the time then maybe yes, but as has been stated previously Mk Dons ball boys got the ball back into play quickly for us and them.

Back