• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Doubt it.

The money owed is no where near the value of the property and we know that other properties were used for security of the loans.

Ron would have been very daft to secure the loan using Roots Hall because that instantly would have given Sainsbury a very cheap way of getting the property for a knockdown price.

Absolutely, there's no way Ron could have been that stupid.

Simply put, both the land at RH and FF is worth a mint, Ron owns both - and frankly, makes the 2m we owe Sainsburys penneys. ..

He's only been here a year and a bit; he's not having it !

Furthermore, if you could purchase the circa. 10 houses to the rear of the North Stand, adjacent to Fairfax Drive, then you would be able to open up the frontage of the stadium so that it doesn't have the enclosed feel it currently has - it almost becomes a showcase for the Town's enterprise and industry as you drive down the re-modeled A127....

And purchase Roots Hall.

How much would FF be worth for housing?

Probably not done by design yet could easily work out well for Ron if he could build on RH and FF!

Why would a billion pound company drag their feet for so long ?

When I was told I thought it would make an interesting read for some hence I posted it.

As Chapperz pointed out my deadline date has passed so all is well..For now.

LOL.

Simply put, both the land at RH and FF is worth a mint, Ron owns both - and frankly, makes the 2m we owe Sainsburys penneys. And I wouldnt be surprised, that if Sainsburys do pull out, there will be some kind penalty there from them to the club. As owner of both RH and FF, Ron holds all the cards, and they are worth well in excess of 100m.

We owe Sainsbury well in excess of 5 million, our debts are 10 million+ and they will be a big part of that.

The whole project isnt worth 100m, I wish it were as selling Roots Hall we would have been able to pay for a stadium outright long ago.

As i recollect in the dim and distant past, upgrading Roots Hall was proven not to be cost effective, mainly because as Roots Hall was used as a rubbish dump between the first and second times it was a football ground. There are huge problems with stability and there were issues with the East Stand subsiding and quite a bit of cash had to be spent shoring it up..

Not strictly true, because the bulk of the proposed facilities at FF comprise third party retail units, for which the Club would only receive rental from lease agreements. Of course, spectator bars and concessions would contribute to the Club coffers, but nothing stops fans from doing what they have always done - congregating in town to quench their thirst/hunger and then travelling to the ground at the last minute to take their seats.

FF just adds a few more minutes and a little less flexibility to the journey back to the stadium.
The club will receive nothing from renting out the retail units, RM will be the landlord and will receive the income not SUFC and if the stadium ever gets built he will offload the club ASAP.

As i recollect in the dim and distant past, upgrading Roots Hall was proven not to be cost effective, mainly because as Roots Hall was used as a rubbish dump between the first and second times it was a football ground. There are huge problems with stability and there were issues with the East Stand subsiding and quite a bit of cash had to be spent shoring it up..
That doesn't make sense surely, if Sainsbury's can build a new store then a new stand could be built, in fact the South Stand is quite new.

Was at the ground this morning and was glad to see some maintenance work being carried out - 3 guys painting white lines in the car park at the Fairfax Drive end! Perhaps the potholes in the main entrance could be filled in next?

How much would FF be worth for housing?

Probably not done by design yet could easily work out well for Ron if he could build on RH and FF!

Why would a billion pound company drag their feet for so long ?

When I was told I thought it would make an interesting read for some hence I posted it.

As Chapperz pointed out my deadline date has passed so all is well..For now.
You believe total crap which is easy to prove us crap from your mates or whoever, but when a balanced argument is put on here you refuse to understand it. Doesn't make sense.

What a load of absolute bollocks, where the hell do you get this idea from?

Progress in a word !

Ron and the council are too far down the track to allow any covenant getting in the way.

Ron was/is a property developer and must be salivating at all of the prime building land within his grasp.

Progress in a word !

Ron and the council are too far down the track to allow any covenant getting in the way.

Ron was/is a property developer and must be salivating at all of the prime building land within his grasp.

The council dont care, they left Victoria Avenue derelict for over a decade. why would they care if Roots Hall which causes them no problems drags on indefinitely....

You believe total crap which is easy to prove us crap from your mates or whoever, but when a balanced argument is put on here you refuse to understand it. Doesn't make sense.

Which balanced argument are you referring too?,Can you show it?

99.99% of posts on here are the posters thoughts without little evidence .
I suggest calm down and take it for what it is just an opinion.

Which balanced argument are you referring too?,Can you show it?

99.99% of posts on here are the posters thoughts without little evidence .
I suggest calm down and take it for what it is just an opinion.

Your claim of us moving to Daggers next year not only lacks evidence also lacks any sense.

Ive already explained that its nonsense and it could never happen because planning would take longer than 12 months.

You didnt post an opinion, you posted something you believed to be factual. Big difference.

Some people will read that and be gullible enough to actually believe it has substance.

The covenant IMO is worthless and IF any ground share becomes reality then surely the club would have a home?

Just to make sure everyone understands I have been told this so I don't know if true.

So in your opinion you know more than someone that actually works within the building and planning industry? Absolutely priceless :hilarious:

I would imagine, but don't know for sure, that the costs involved in redeveloping the Roots Hall ground would make it financially unviable. Dunno, just thinking off the top of my head ;)

The council dont care, they left Victoria Avenue derelict for over a decade. why would they care if Roots Hall which causes them no problems drags on indefinitely....

Every council is under pressure by central government to build housing yet many councils are bankrupt rendering them unable to build a tent let alone property.Those in power do not give a jot about the club which is fair enough yet those very same people can see vast swathe of land which would bring employment and house thousands.

Covenants will not stop progress.

So in your opinion you know more than someone that actually works within the building and planning industry? Absolutely priceless :hilarious:

I would imagine, but don't know for sure, that the costs involved in redeveloping the Roots Hall ground would make it financially unviable. Dunno, just thinking off the top of my head ;)

Yep already made the same point. We cant rebuild on Roots Hall because there is no way of paying for it. Moving to a cheaper location and redeveloping Roots Hall was meant to be the way we achieved that, although clearly didnt quite work out.

Every council is under pressure by central government to build housing yet many councils are bankrupt rendering them unable to build a tent let alone property.Those in power do not give a jot about the club which is fair enough yet those very same people can see vast swathe of land which would bring employment and house thousands.

Covenants will not stop progress.

I have heard from people with, I suspect, far more expertise than some on here that push comes to a shove, the covenant could be unenforceable. Think of it as a comfort blanket if you must, but don't rely on it totally.

IF we had to ground share with Dagenham , how many Southend supporters would travel to Dagenham .

Back