• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have heard from people with, I suspect, far more expertise than some on here that push comes to a shove, the covenant could be unenforceable. Think of it as a comfort blanket if you must, but don't rely on it totally.

Word. I mentioned this in another thread a while ago, IIRC, someone at the Council said the covenant wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. I tried finding the quote, which was a good 4(?) years ago, but no luck. Of course this guy could be totally wrong...

I have heard from people with, I suspect, far more expertise than some on here that push comes to a shove, the covenant could be unenforceable. Think of it as a comfort blanket if you must, but don't rely on it totally.

Agreed Mick,

Some on here believe the covenant is the be all and end all and whilst in place RH is safe,Meanwhile in the real world the site could be worth up to 100 million once developed whilst bringing in much needed employment and housing for many.Money and progress go hand in hand and nothing will stop it.

My personal view is FF and RH will eventually become housing estates whilst the club will ground share ,The council will insist once a phase of property has been sold then work must commence on a new modest stadium.

Word. I mentioned this in another thread a while ago, IIRC, someone at the Council said the covenant wasn't worth the paper it was printed on. I tried finding the quote, which was a good 4(?) years ago, but no luck. Of course this guy could be totally wrong...
It was a councillor with no legal background who did not give any detail on how he came to that conclusion. For me with out knowing more detail it is a valueless statement. With more detail it may become meaningfull one way or the other.

I'd much rather stay at Roots Hall than move to FF if there is a chance to redevelop it but it is highly unlikely. Sainsbury's want the land for the store and the only way Roots Hall redevelopment would happen would be if they pulled out. This would bring us into trouble with the finances owed. We'd then have to find someone willing to agree a deal where we build the stadium and there is spare land for flats or houses. It could work, absolutely. In fact, I'd love it. But it would probably kill our club if we went that route because of what we would need to happen.

Also, RE: Dagenham. The biggest load of bollocks I've heard in a long time.

It was a councillor with no legal background who did not give any detail on how he came to that conclusion. For me with out knowing more detail it is a valueless statement. With more detail it may become meaningfull one way or the other.

I see your point & it's fair enough, but wouldn't you agree that even though he hasn't got a background in Law, he's still going to be more privvy to these sort of things than us, who don't have an intimate, day to day dealing with the whole FF debacle? It could well be nothing, or it could be something he's heard/been told by people who do have a legal background? Can't see why he'd make it up. But I agree there needs to be more details before anyone gets carried away in either direction.

Found this on the way to the game today, on the A13 in Thundersley, maybe there is a new plan......

10672358_10204530355795856_2582588068135193048_n.jpg

Crikey, we wont get a very big stadium there.

Still at least refuse is sorted with that bin already close.

Crikey, we wont get a very big stadium there.

That particular house is one of a pair. The other was knocked down last year and there's now a big new housing development on the plot!

I just thought it was odd because I've never seen one of those signs anywhere locally on a piece of land or property!

Demolish the East and replace with cantilever stand thus giving not only an uninterrupted view but also better facilities ,Remove seats from South lower thus giving a better view whilst actually increasing capacity.

Would also be tempted to remove seats from the entire North bank again allowing for a better view and increased capacity.

I posted on here some time ago we will share with Dagenham,RH will become a housing estate and the club will be facing oblivion.

I don't think we'd be allowed to remove the seats from the stand. Clubs that have standing areas I believe have had to get special dispensation to avoid the all-seater criteria. Portsmouth had to do it for years as they had the promise of an all seater stadium being built but when that looked unlikely they had to put the seats in... I think. I know it was the only Prem ground with standing areas for some time.

And I doubt we will ground share with anyone but if we had to for whatever reason, I think it would be with Orient, not Dagenham.

10672358_10204530355795856_2582588068135193048_n.jpg

That's the executive box!

Agreed Mick,

Some on here believe the covenant is the be all and end all and whilst in place RH is safe,Meanwhile in the real world the site could be worth up to 100 million once developed whilst bringing in much needed employment and housing for many.Money and progress go hand in hand and nothing will stop it.

My personal view is FF and RH will eventually become housing estates whilst the club will ground share ,The council will insist once a phase of property has been sold then work must commence on a new modest stadium.

What on earth are you building on it in the real world to justify a valuation of £100m?

That's the executive box!

What on earth are you building on it in the real world to justify a valuation of £100m?

The ground plus the car park could easily house umpteen blocks of 3 storey apartments,Lets say 100 square feet per build containing 4 flats per storey,How big is RH and the car park..5 acres ?

Work it out.

The ground plus the car park could easily house umpteen blocks of 3 storey apartments,Lets say 100 square feet per build containing 4 flats per storey,How big is RH and the car park..5 acres ?

Work it out.

RH and the car park are 2 1/2 acres at most.

Work it out.

25sq ft per flat seems a little on the small side to me.

Back