• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy, you were missed! Interestingly, during one of the long pauses I did hear the faint rumblings for the 2nd match in a row, of an attempt to get some chanting going from South Upper, so you see, even if it's quiet in the West, others will put in the effort sometimes. With all those kids there yesterday (and I understand that there was an initiative in some - if not all - local schools of kids for a quid and adults for £2, which explained the influx) it was never going to be great.

To give Tara some credit straight after the phone-in question and answer session where someone mentioned about lack of deals for children he sent out application forms to local schools for children to join the Junior Blues and also asked the schools if they would like the vouchers that have been offered in the past. It is indeed £1 for a child and £2 for an accompanying adult but it can been used for any remaining home game of the season. If they take up the offer they can then get tickets for another game (£3 for a child and £7 for adult). The influx could have been down to the Sun's offer for yesterday's game as well.

To give Tara some credit straight after the phone-in question and answer session where someone mentioned about lack of deals for children he sent out application forms to local schools for children to join the Junior Blues and also asked the schools if they would like the vouchers that have been offered in the past. It is indeed £1 for a child and £2 for an accompanying adult but it can been used for any remaining home game of the season. If they take up the offer they can then get tickets for another game (£3 for a child and £7 for adult). The influx could have been down to the Sun's offer for yesterday's game as well.

The offer has also gone out to all of the local football teams (the club I belong to took 200). Technically its actually £3.00 for an adult and child, you have to have one adult and one kid going, which is quite clever as the dads are more likely to buy food, and perhaps come back again. Having said all of this I can also see how this would annoy season ticket holders . the offer is also for all parts of the ground

Hi all, just a post that really needs to be done.

1. A big thanks to Smiffy for his hard work over the seasons on the drum, not many people will do it but fair play and what a great job he has done in doing it.
  2. With no one else offering to take over being the drummer, i took over in 2nd half of todays game, i've never played/used a drum before and i tried my best. If this is going to be a regular thing of me playing in then sure it will get better but things dont just happen overnight. If anyone thinks they could do a better job come over and try it, its not easy. Also its demoralising while your standing there trying your best and no other ***** will sing.
  3. A message to everyone if your not prepared to stand there and sing your heart out what are you doing there, there was 3/4 of todays W block standing there looking dead, sing up or get out.
  4. I stood up on the chair today trying to get everyone going and everyone looked at me like i was some sort of ****, join in. Also stewards come over and had a word because CCTV watch me stand on the seat. What is football coming to?
  5. Also message to the rest of the stadium, why is it always down to us, be nice if some other people started.
THIS IS FOOTBALL, NOT A LIBRARY!

God you talk a lot of bottom toilet!!

Just few things went off buts it all sorted

Is it?? I think not!

I sit in the west and yesterday some of the language from the usual suspects wasnt really on.

And the excuse thats its a football match so you can just rant for 30 mins like a madman within earshot of the elderly or children is ok is b0llocks.

You dont own the ground and you are not the worlds best southend supporter because you sing at each game and go home and away.

Has it not occurred to you that the group in which you travel is largely made up of young men from 15-25.

The same group that probably still live at home and dont have a family and a home of there own yet and bills to pay , so are able to go home and away.

The fact is that most of us myself included have done home and away in much darker days than these .

The blue voice is there to try an encourage the team and get the rest of the ground on the same page.

Just lately it seems to me that the blue voice are content anymore unless they are tring to belittle those around and the other parts of the ground at times.

I admire what you have done and i will continue to support it , but appreciate that not everyone wants to be at the pub at 12 get ****ed and sing for 90 mins.

Some people want to just arrive at kick off and enjoy the game, and both yesterday and against barnet the performances havent given us that much to shout about which i think has greatly affected atmosphere.

Keep up the good work , but dont lose sight of your purpose.

Please dont tar us with the same brush!!!

I work bloody hard in the week to pay my way in life and go football I too have done it though the poorer times ( and the poorer times seem to have a better quillity of fan compared to now)

, the hoped for move to the North didn't happen, for whatever reason, and we just have to get on with it. :

Anyone know the reason why this did'nt happen?. After last seasons 'trial' in there for several games, i thought this would be increased to more games this season.

Anyone know the reason why this did'nt happen?. After last seasons 'trial' in there for several games, i thought this would be increased to more games this season.

I was told if we was in with the away fans regularly, the police/stewards presence would have to be at least doubled, as would of course the costs. Bottom line, it was not financially viable apparantly. A real shame.

I was told if we was in with the away fans regularly, the police/stewards presence would have to be at least doubled, as would of course the costs. Bottom line, it was not financially viable apparantly. A real shame.

I'm surprised, really. If Ron and Tara would like the fans to be a bit more on their side, you would have thought they would really look at putting home fans in the North. Especially for the odd game, if not for the remaining season before we eventually move to the mud bank!

Thanks for the reply. Quite a pathetic reason quoted by the club, when you consider the numbers of away fans who have been evident this season. I suppose the risk assessment safety factor of the mayhem which could of occured if Accrington, Macclesfield, Morecambe, & Bury fans, to name a few, had stormed the segregation netting to attack our fans was the major factor for this decision?.

Thanks for the reply. Quite a pathetic reason quoted by the club, when you consider the numbers of away fans who have been evident this season. I suppose the risk assessment safety factor of the mayhem which could of occured if Accrington, Macclesfield, Morecambe, & Bury fans, to name a few, had stormed the segregation netting to attack our fans was the major factor for this decision?.

Indeed!

This is not the end of it though. I can assure you...

We as fans of our club, deserve to see out the last season at RH (Be that next season or 2027) from our spiritual home, if we so wish. This point will be made quite clear to those at the club.

RH was built by the fans, for the fans. And I am sure those who worked so hard to build our current home, would want us to say goodbye properly. From "our end"

I'd purchase a season ticket in the North anyday, over a poxy Legacy shirt.

Last edited:
Indeed!

We as fans of our club, deserve to see out the last season at RH (Be that next season or 2027) from our spiritual home, if we so wish. This point will be made quite clear to those at the club.

RH was built by the fans, for the fans. And I am sure those who worked so hard to build our current home, would want us to say goodbye properly. From "our end"

I'll tell you one thing, when we play our last game at Roots hall , if the North Bank is still out of bounds i will vault the west stand wall before the final whistle and go in there for one last time for nostalgic reasons. It will probably take me 3 times longer to climb over than it did against Aston Villa in 1971 and Gillingham in 1972, to name a couple (no longer a Gazelle, more like a Rhino!). If i recieve a banning order than i'll have to watch the games at our new stadium on top of the 15ft mud bank where the West Stand will eventually be build (allegedly).

quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by Tommy2holes
I sit in the west and yesterday some of the language from the usual suspects wasnt really on.

And the excuse thats its a football match so you can just rant for 30 mins like a madman within earshot of the elderly or children is ok is b0llocks.

You dont own the ground and you are not the worlds best southend supporter because you sing at each game and go home and away.

Has it not occurred to you that the group in which you travel is largely made up of young men from 15-25.

The same group that probably still live at home and dont have a family and a home of there own yet and bills to pay , so are able to go home and away.

The fact is that most of us myself included have done home and away in much darker days than these .

The blue voice is there to try an encourage the team and get the rest of the ground on the same page.

Just lately it seems to me that the blue voice are content anymore unless they are tring to belittle those around and the other parts of the ground at times.

I admire what you have done and i will continue to support it , but appreciate that not everyone wants to be at the pub at 12 get ****ed and sing for 90 mins.

Some people want to just arrive at kick off and enjoy the game, and both yesterday and against barnet the performances havent given us that much to shout about which i think has greatly affected atmosphere.

Keep up the good work , but dont lose sight of your purpose.

Please dont tar us with the same brush!!!

I work bloody hard in the week to pay my way in life and go football I too have done it though the poorer times ( and the poorer times seem to have a better quillity of fan compared to now)

No one is tarring you with any kind of brush. And nobody is saying that any of you are work shy.

I used to go home and away and did seasons of home and away without missing a game back in the late 90's when i lived at home and had naff all to pay for. Now i have a kid and rent and work commitments , just getting to home games and the odd away game is hard going.

The point im trying to make is this:

Not everyone wants to get beered up and sing for 90 mins whilst watching fairly un-entertaining league 2 football. Even the Emirates and Old trafford have games where you could here a pin drop.

TBV will have good and bad days and whilst its been hard going and doesnt always bare the fruit that it desverves , it is a worthwhile venture.

Im not slating any one including you mr flag , im merely pointing out that chanting against your own support does not endorse the fine work that you are helping with in that corner, and although i choose to sit/stand there every game i dont always want to sing for 90 mins straight.

Does this mean that i should just move ?

Passion is great and is welcomed at every club , but its always best when directed as encouragement to our team and against the opposition , which our own fans are not.

Indeed!

I, for one, am sure that it is not beyond the 'powers that be' that they cannot sort out the segregation with a little bit of thought. After all the carrot crunchers at Carrow Road manage quite easily with just a bit of netting separating the fans. If it's good enough for the championship, why is it not good enough for L2?

I'll tell you one thing, when we play our last game at Roots hall , if the North Bank is still out of bounds i will vault the west stand wall before the final whistle and go in there for one last time for nostalgic reasons. It will probably take me 3 times longer to climb over than it did against Aston Villa in 1971 and Gillingham in 1972, to name a couple (no longer a Gazelle, more like a Rhino!). If i recieve a banning order than i'll have to watch the games at our new stadium on top of the 15ft mud bank where the West Stand will eventually be build (allegedly).

Il just buy a ticket for the "away end" & move towards the north west corner.

Back