• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
From Orient board-

Thought they were in general a pretty nasty bunch. I've not really noticed it so much before but theres no doubt the 'rivalry' between the 2 clubs has grown over the years. Chanting "we hate Orient" over and again sums it up really....how can anyone 'hate' Orient? Whats to hate? Its like saying you hate friendly old grannies or harmless puppy dogs!

I can't help but agree with my orient friend here. Do we just hate every one now?

Last edited:
From Orient board-

Thought they were in general a pretty nasty bunch. I've not really noticed it so much before but theres no doubt the 'rivalry' between the 2 clubs has grown over the years. Chanting "we hate Orient" over and again sums it up really....how can anyone 'hate' Orient? Whats to hate? Its like saying you hate friendly old grannies or harmless puppy dogs!

I can't help but agree we my orient friend here. Do we just hate every one now?

Totally agree. Amazing they stay so loyal with so many decent London clubs about (West Ham not included of course). A decent club in my book. Still I have never understood how so many people get so wound up about Colchester United.

Oh come on, its a bit of banter the 'We hate Orient' chant is a natural response to their 'Orient' chant.
Anyway the only other song I heard Orient fans singing was 'Stand up if you Hate Southend'!

It's rivalry, not hate. At least, it shouldn't be hate. I save that for west ham, Franchise FC etc.

Oh my god do we have to psychoanalyse everything cant football just be football its just banter.

I don't hate them. hate is a strong word. I hate peadofiles and rapists, not fellow lower league football clubs. Banter, yes, and a sneaky pleasure when our more local rivals lose, most definitely. But not hate.

Well, their stadium and area for a start isn't very nice. Neither was a group of their fans when coming out of the stadium. Sadly, I saw much worse from Southend fans last night. It's only football though.

Well, their stadium and area for a start isn't very nice. Neither was a group of their fans when coming out of the stadium. Sadly, I saw much worse from Southend fans last night. It's only football though.

Don't think our "stadium" is up to much either to be honest and as for area, with the greatest respect for those that live there, I wouldn't fancy living around the Roots Hall area much.

Who gives a ****.

It's football and various teams, dislike various teams, for various reasons.

Long may it continue. It adds that little bit of spice.

They keep calling us pikeys and we are calling them pikeys.
I doubt there was 1 actual pikey there.

Last edited:
As much as I hate Orient and Col Ewe as much as any other right-minded Southend fan, at least they support their local team. Our real enemies as lower league football supporters are the plastic armchair fans of West Ham, Franchise etc. (as Jai pointed out)
:ken::gun:

Orient chap sums it up very well-

[h=3]This whole hating Southend / Orient thing...[/h]by Father Ted Crilly » Wed Feb 06, 2013 2:54 pm
I posted a thread a few weeks ago about not being able to bring myself to hate Southend - most of the replies were from reasonable people who mainly agreed although a few posters of limited intellect who shall remain nameless (SHELDON) decided to question my support of LOFC and somewhere amongst the replies also called me a C***, which is nice. I went last night hoping that I could perhaps force myself into an anti-southend frame of mind but I'm sorry to report that I couldn't manage it.

What I don't get is this:

There I am, sat in my usual season ticket seat in the TJS surrounded by quite a lot of unfamiliar faces that I've never clapped eyes on before. From before K/o till the end of the game, I'm convinced a fair number of these spent almost 90% of their time staring at the Main Stand and shouting all forms of abuse at the Southend Fans. "Fair enough" you may say, Southend spent 90 minutes singing "we hate Orient" which is a fair old achievement in terms of boringness but what I don't get is spending £15 to go into the home end, completely ignore the match in front of you and spend the entire time whipping yourself up into a bladder emptying state of excitement and shouting "pikey c***ts" at the away fans who can't hear you anyway..... if you're that offended by them, why don't you buy a ticket in the East Stand and go and join them? At least they'll be able to hear your endless "banter" about pikeys / caravans and shagging their sisters....

The bloke sat next to me (whom I've never seen before) was at the point of having a cardiac arrest by the time Southend scored - eventually having had enough of his wayward right arm crossing my face every time he wanted to express how much he hated Southend (which was every 4 seconds), I asked him to give it a rest - I'd come to watch a game of football, not listen to his foul mouth tirade at which point he decided to up and move a few seats along. I reckon he saw no more than 4 minutes of football. This was no teenager riding the wave of hormonal excitement - I reckon this bloke was nearer 50 than 40......

I have quite a few Orient / Southend supporting mates - we're all in our late 30's / early 40's and really don't understand the posturing some people (from both clubs) need to enter into for a "derby" between two pretty poorly supported 3rd / 4th division teams who are almost mirror images of each other - i.e perennial non-acheivers bobbing around Div 3 and Div 4.

I know this post will get the usual bone-headed responses from various people but if I'm honest, these matches with Southend are a pain in the arse - the usual morons on both sides come out of the woodwork. It's a game of football FFS - it aint life and death - the over-reaction of some people I witnessed when the whistle blew was just ridiculous.

I feel better now I've got that off my chest.

Love to you all - FTC

Father Ted Crilly Posts: 194 Joined: Mon Apr 09, 2012 4:19 pm

Back