• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Retained List Announced.

I find it funny how they both have private accounts and the only way this was leaked was by Southend fans who posted it on public forums and social media in which anyone can see it.

Also funny how no-one has any idea what this means. What was the original post about? Maybe Dieng owes Lennon money and he is just waiting for his paycheck (end of the month coming soon) to pay him.
Turns out it was exactly this I think. So we were all wrong (or nearly all- can't remember). Will we learn? No. Will will continue to spread unsubstantiated rumours? Yes. Will we twist what we can to suit a narrative? Often. Now its explained its so very obvious what the exchange was about..

While it was a bit cryptic, it was in the comments section of a fairly uncontroversial post made by two people who have private accounts.

I think this says more about the fans than the players, which isn't a dig at anyone. Looking at our history of paying players on time. Would fans at any other club even make that their first thought?

We've had so much negativity the last several years that our mindset as fans automatically switches to make anything mild that comes out related to the club to be negative and eventually become bigger than it really is.

All it takes is one comment to start rumours and before you know it, it becomes "fact".
Oh and then someone shares the conversation on twitter!!....you couldn't make it up....oh hold on we did didn't we...

A bet that one player referred to as pay day related while another referenced waiting for Uncle Ron. In this climate. With our history

Very little in all the above in terms of conclusions jumped to, more a surprise at a lack of common sense by the players in question following another abject season.

Waiting for money.
Waiting for uncle Ron.

These guys don’t exactly help themselves.
True- and I hesitate to say this as we are a protected species, shielded from responsibility or any possibility of blame- but maybe also a little bit of responsibility on us to not interpret the worst in everything, jump to conclusions, and make the situation worse by spreading rumours on here and more widely....perhaps....pointed out with trepidation and with a tin hat on..

I think context needs to be taken into account here:

View attachment 15778
This is the post Lennon commented on.

View attachment 15779
The original Ron reply has now been deleted by Tim. Don’t think it’s as sinister as everyone seems to make out. I know we are used to it but let’s not just to conclusions without proper evidence.

Just seen this too:
View attachment 15780

RE Tims message "j'ai pas reussi a rester debout" Seems he has a problem staying up. Not much he can do with two relegations at Southend but i'm sure he can get some pills to assist.

This pretty much sums up the side of football that I hate these days. People want everything in the public domain. An otherwise innocuous and private exchange snowballs into conspiracy theories and spreads like wildfire. There's this misguided notion held by some that we should be privy to all the details if they're vaguely related to the football club. I sound like an old cynic I know, but I much preferred it when the only source of information was Teletext, the Echo, the pre-match programme or a £5 per minute dial in to ClubCall...

As soon as anyone mentions money to do with SUFC , it's like oh paid late, embargo again I presume.

We need start leaving this stuff in the past and get rowdy again when actually happens again, at the moment the club is trying to restructure and build but bringing old problems up consistently and making rumours will never solve anything, as well making players not want to stay or join for that matter ?

I would understand the kneejerk cynicism and negativity more if it had only arisen after the last couple of seasons. Sadly it goes back well before then and certainly even predates the club's financial meltdown in 2009/10.

For those becoming excited about wages not being paid and wistfully talking of umbongo's just because of a cryptic instagram message I wouldn't get too concerned. Both players will be focussed on contract offers- Dieng is one of those offered and is no doubt hoping for a lot more than offered by "Uncle Ron", Lennon of course will be interested in his next employer (or if we will be offered something if he proves his fitness, and what is he beingbeing paid in the meantime). Always surprises me footballers post these things- especially as they no they will get "re-interpreted". There again footballers don't need to be very bright do they,,,
White & Hobson wouldn’t signed an new deal if their wages was late ??‍♂️

We have offered Dieng a new deal so I guess the assumption is that PB wants him around. Personally happy either way.
I doubt we’ve offered him a good deal. It’s possible PB wants to keep TD but would be surprised, that’s all. Dieng can play different positions yes but does he roll his sleeves up, get a foot in, tackle and do the dirty stuff we will likely need to get out the NL, not sure!! He must have something about him as managers keep picking him.

As to fans making assumptions based on SM posts.. well they will .. that’s been proven sadly. Given the Dover ****storm I’m surprised Harry commented on insta. They must have each other’s number.

One of our better players at picking a through ball and even though people have mentioned him missing free headers here he's one of the only players who can actually get on the end of a set piece at all.

I trust the manager as us fan general type cast a certain player to fulfill a specific role which the manager doesn’t have them playing

One of our better players at picking a through ball and even though people have mentioned him missing free headers here he's one of the only players who can actually get on the end of a set piece at all.
Can he though? He’s by no means our worst player, he did a good job at CB when needed. Was personally baffled he got played as a makeshift striker…and he hasn’t ever impressed me that much in midfield. But … everyone has their opinion! To be fair I rate him higher after the last season, wasn’t a fan at all when he played under CP. If he stays he stays but I’d just be surprised.

Can he though? He’s by no means our worst player, he did a good job at CB when needed. Was personally baffled he got played as a makeshift striker…and he hasn’t ever impressed me that much in midfield. But … everyone has their opinion! To be fair I rate him higher after the last season, wasn’t a fan at all when he played under CP. If he stays he stays but I’d just be surprised.
He only got played as a striker due to the let’s see if we can succeed with no strikers in the squad experiment. Not his fault. I am sure he has never described himself as a striker. If you look at it as chipping in with goals from midfield it seems more positive.

I doubt we’ve offered him a good deal. It’s possible PB wants to keep TD but would be surprised, that’s all. Dieng can play different positions yes but does he roll his sleeves up, get a foot in, tackle and do the dirty stuff we will likely need to get out the NL, not sure!! He must have something about him as managers keep picking him.

As to fans making assumptions based on SM posts.. well they will .. that’s been proven sadly. Given the Dover ****storm I’m surprised Harry commented on insta. They must have each other’s number.
I would tend to agree the deal would be nothing like his last one quite the opposite

Back