• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Retained List Announced.

I’d have thought it’s probably more to do with the monies owed from the furlough period, which the players are contractually obliged to receive once they are sold or their contract expires.
Quite possibly, did we furlough them all i thought most (if not all) of the first team were not furloughed

My worry is salary but it could be anything. I doubt it is contract offers from other clubs as Ron is mentioned, We are not offering Lennon anything while injured as it was stated in the list issued that he will be assessed while recovering, so he cannot say he is waiting for that. Just my opinion, i want the good news to keep rolling dont want any bad news

True but we are making assumptions and don't know the full context or indeed all the conversation in the thread. It is perfectly possible (as valid as any other theory) that Dieng was responding in the thread to say he was waiting for "Uncle Ron" to up the offer/respond. The emojis seem light hearted ones. As usual we will hang him first and then if its proved incorrect move on and pretend it never happened.

Dieng is one of the players PB wants to keep. And we know negotiations are progressing with a "number" of current players, We have been told often (maybe we listen, maybe we don't) that the expectation was retaining 10-12 of the current squad and bring in 8-10 new faces. So negotiations with Dieng and some others may very well be ongoing, and no doubt they all want more than we initially offer.
PB wants to keep Dieng? I didn’t get that memo. I’d be surprised as he’s hardly a grafter, wouldn’t say he was a PB type player. As goes players commenting on social media they should know fans jump on every little thing and blow it up…Harry especially. I think some players do need to just go for their sakes as well as ours.

Quite possibly, did we furlough them all i thought most (if not all) of the first team were not furloughed

My worry is salary but it could be anything. I doubt it is contract offers from other clubs as Ron is mentioned, We are not offering Lennon anything while injured as it was stated in the list issued that he will be assessed while recovering, so he cannot say he is waiting for that. Just my opinion, i want the good news to keep rolling dont want any bad news
I think Lennon is sitting there injured and out of contract. With not a great injury record. If I was him in the current climate I would be wanting the club to make an offer now. A one year contract at a much lower wage might look attractive.
I know I am being positive. and of course it is strictly verboten and I apologise.
But at this point the molehill is being frantically turned into a rather iffy mountain built on flimsy foundations..

True but we are making assumptions and don't know the full context or indeed all the conversation in the thread. It is perfectly possible (as valid as any other theory) that Dieng was responding in the thread to say he was waiting for "Uncle Ron" to up the offer/respond. The emojis seem light hearted ones. As usual we will hang him first and then if its proved incorrect move on and pretend it never happened.

Dieng is one of the players PB wants to keep. And we know negotiations are progressing with a "number" of current players, We have been told often (maybe we listen, maybe we don't) that the expectation was retaining 10-12 of the current squad and bring in 8-10 new faces. So negotiations with Dieng and some others may very well be ongoing, and no doubt they all want more than we initially offer.
I’m in agreement and DO think it’s highly likely he’s waiting for an improved offer from us. After the season we’ve had, I just don’t think it’s a conversation that should be played out on Instagram. I was barely moved by the Dover fallout (and the massive overreactions) but I do think it’s fair to have hoped that Lennon in particular might have learned a lesson about social media.

PB wants to keep Dieng? I didn’t get that memo. I’d be surprised as he’s hardly a grafter, wouldn’t say he was a PB type player. As goes players commenting on social media they should know fans jump on every little thing and blow it up…Harry especially. I think some players do need to just go for their sakes as well as ours.
I am afraid footballers aren't necessarily the sharpest knives in the drawer and SM rarely dispels that impression..

I’m in agreement and DO think it’s highly likely he’s waiting for an improved offer from us. After the season we’ve had, I don’t think it’s a conversation that should be played out on Instagram.
It shouldn't be on SM either way. But players aren't the brightest. And additionally don't forget their agents will be involved- they generally have no great empathy for either the club or their client- generally encouraging the latter to think they can get more out of the former to maximise their fees.

Just a reminder- players offered new contracts (not already under contract or extensions exercised)

• Elvis Bwomono
  • Jason Demetriou
  • Tim Dieng
  • Sam Hart
  • Shaun Hobson (now signed)
  • Ricky Holmes
  • Mark Oxley
JW resigned before the list was released

I think Lennon is sitting there injured and out of contract. With not a great injury record. If I was him in the current climate I would be wanting the club to make an offer now. A one year contract at a much lower wage might look attractive.
I know I am being positive. and of course it is strictly verboten and I apologise.
But at this point the molehill is being frantically turned into a rather iffy mountain built on flimsy foundations..
I get that KB, i was just saying i dont think it can be around being offered contracts from other clubs, as that wouldn’t involve RM.

Re Lennon, your right a reduced wage one year deal may look attractive as others will be doubtful about signing him, however as yet we have not offered him anything so again (without seeing all the message) it does seem to be about something else other than contracts.

We have offered Dieng a new deal so I guess the assumption is that PB wants him around. Personally happy either way.

I am keeping an open mind here. Nothing would surprise me, and, I am struggling to get my mind around which could be more likely: professional footballers displaying a lack of common sense, or, our much loved club owing or delaying payment.
A tough one really.....I will go back to doing today's Sudoku!

I think context needs to be taken into account here:

EFFD3366-E4F3-4A62-AF53-070836DD2334.jpeg
This is the post Lennon commented on.

B46E451B-5016-4B4F-B50F-4860BF713259.jpeg
The original Ron reply has now been deleted by Tim. Don’t think it’s as sinister as everyone seems to make out. I know we are used to it but let’s not just to conclusions without proper evidence.

Just seen this too:
1622206855689.png

On Dieng’s Instagram tonight

View attachment 15777

I find it funny how they both have private accounts and the only way this was leaked was by Southend fans who posted it on public forums and social media in which anyone can see it.

Also funny how no-one has any idea what this means. What was the original post about? Maybe Dieng owes Lennon money and he is just waiting for his paycheck (end of the month coming soon) to pay him.

View attachment 15778

View attachment 15779
The original Ron reply has now been deleted by Tim. Don’t think it’s as sinister as everyone seems to make out. I know we are used to it but let’s not just to conclusions without proper evidence.

Just seen this too:
View attachment 15780
Agree but it was a poor post to make as it gave impressions, and now deleted, why?

it is probably 90% all innocent but sometimes people need to think before posting on social media as it can be taken out of context, what was posted initmated (although not conclusively) that they hadn’t been paid. In fact even his post there says it was about pay day which indicates salary, glad it isnt but sometimes it is easy to read certain things in certain ways.

Bit as I say glad all is good

View attachment 15778

View attachment 15779

Just seen this too:
View attachment 15780

So it was a private bet and had nothing to do with the club owing money?

Good to see no-one jumped to conclusions on here :Facepalm:

So it was a private bet and had nothing to do with the club owing money?

Good to see no-one jumped to conclusions on here :Facepalm:
A bet that one player referred to as pay day related while another referenced waiting for Uncle Ron. In this climate. With our history

Very little in all the above in terms of conclusions jumped to, more a surprise at a lack of common sense by the players in question following another abject season.

Waiting for money.
Waiting for uncle Ron.

These guys don’t exactly help themselves.

A bet that Tim Dieng referred to as pay day related and waiting for Uncle Ron.

Very little in all the above in terms of conclusions jumped to, more a surprise at a lack of common sense by the players in question following another abject season.

Waiting for money.
Waiting for uncle Ron.

These guys don’t help themselves.

While it was a bit cryptic, it was in the comments section of a fairly uncontroversial post made by two people who have private accounts.

I think this says more about the fans than the players, which isn't a dig at anyone. Looking at our history of paying players on time. Would fans at any other club even make that their first thought?

We've had so much negativity the last several years that our mindset as fans automatically switches to make anything mild that comes out related to the club to be negative and eventually become bigger than it really is.

All it takes is one comment to start rumours and before you know it, it becomes "fact".

I just see this, looks like Ron hasn’t paid the players. What a joke he is.

Back