• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ritblat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irate Ian

Members
Has anyone heard of this surname in conjunction with
any possible connection with the club ?

Delancy used to own 50% of SEL which owns SUFC. RM bought out Delancy to gain 100% of SEL. I think!

Why do you mention his name anyway?? Are you in the know?

The price of this support has been for Delancey to insist that Mr Main stands down and is replaced by Ron Dawn, chairman of Martin Dawn...

who is this Ron Dawn?

Perhaps the idea was to Ron Dawn the club?

Somewhere along the line a merchant bank Robert Flemming? was involved in the Delancey/Martin Dawn take-over.

Is something inherently illegal being intimated by these posts?:confused: Or is it that the development has no chance of being approved by the Government and the club and all its assets will be stripped, including a nice piece of real estate in Victoria Avenue?

Perhaps the idea was to Ron Dawn the club?

Somewhere along the line a merchant bank Robert Flemming? was involved in the Delancey/Martin Dawn take-over.

I didn't know about Robert Fleming. I know Bank of Ireland are involved in the Roots Hall proviso that the ground only be used for sports.

The price of this support has been for Delancey to insist that Mr Main stands down and is replaced by Ron Dawn, chairman of Martin Dawn...

who is this Ron Dawn?

Excellent .... a new dawn.

Struggling with the relevance of this "5 star rated" thread. I was under the impression that Uncle Ron bought out the other parties. Is someone suggesting that is not so? If that is the case further details would be a welcome addition to the cryptic nature of all this.

Excellent .... a new dawn.

Struggling with the relevance of this "5 star rated" thread. I was under the impression that Uncle Ron bought out the other parties. Is someone suggesting that is not so? If that is the case further details would be a welcome addition to the cryptic nature of all this.

That's what I'm saying there is a lot of "I know something" in this thread that, if it is for investigative journalsim purposes, could have been kept to themselves. It's hardly under-cover stuff posting it, albeit cryptically, on a message board is it?

In my earlier post I asked what is being intimated - something illegal? Something underhand? Or something that is selling us all down the water?:confused:

can this and the other thread be linked?

The nature of all of this is intriguing.

I didn't know about Robert Fleming. I know Bank of Ireland are involved in the Roots Hall proviso that the ground only be used for sports.

A link for all you Scottish exiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fleming_(financier)

Married to a Dundonian I've always been fascinated by these sort of stories. Flemings moved to the city of London in the early 20th century but always had a piper outside that bank piping customer's in until the family sold out to Chase Manhattan for a few billion in 2000. They have the largest private collection of Scottish art. They made all of there money in Canada, the US and China. The fact he was loaded no doubt helped Ian Fleming being able to lounge about and write the Bond books.
Still trying to find their hidden love of SUFC so they can inject a few billion but so far no luck.

Can Irate Ian or Shrimpfan explain what this is all about please?...

Seriously confused...

Can Irate Ian or Shrimpfan explain what this is all about please?...

Seriously confused...

I imagine it's some sort of "we know (or think we know) something on Ron and Delancey that nobody else does". But like I say (coming all over Tilly) if it's a serious investigative piece, you don't blow your cover by cryptically posting snippets on a message board.

A link for all you Scottish exiles.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Fleming_(financier)

Married to a Dundonian I've always been fascinated by these sort of stories. Flemings moved to the city of London in the early 20th century but always had a piper outside that bank piping customer's in until the family sold out to Chase Manhattan for a few billion in 2000. They have the largest private collection of Scottish art. They made all of there money in Canada, the US and China. The fact he was loaded no doubt helped Ian Fleming being able to lounge about and write the Bond books.
Still trying to find their hidden love of SUFC so they can inject a few billion but so far no luck.

Final paragraph on this piece from SportsBusinessNews.com back in 2001:

"International financier George Soros is among several leading businessmen behind a bid to revitalise a struggling English soccer club, the Times reported on Friday.

Nationwide League club Southend United has signed a joint venture with property developer Martin Dawn to redevelop its training ground on the edge of the town along with a nightclub it owns.

Martin Dawn is being financed by Declancey Estates in which a "concert party" including Soros's Quantum Realty Fund controls 70 percent of shares. It recently put 100 million pounds into the firm.

Also involved in the deal are property developer and Declancey investor John Ritblat, whose son James is Declancey's managing director, and John Manser, chairman of merchant bank Robert Fleming, who is non-executive chairman of Declancey."

So it's a Delancey link rather than necessarily SUFC related.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back