• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ritblat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Investors like Soros will be keeping an eye on any football team with ambition.

Therefore, I don't think we should get too carried away as he is probably involved with a whole stack of similar speculative investments.

I would sooner watch **** dry than watch any of the rubbish those three clubs dredge up.. (OK thats prob a bit harsh on Reading on their day)

To be fair to Wigan they were promoted in style and fantastic to watch in their first season up embarassing established sides with their quick passing style. Although last season they had to tighten up with the threat of relegation, they still had the drama of a last day escape. I'd be delighted watching that. Interesting that West Ham have taken on the role of dullest team in the Premiership.

It's funny how teams in the Premiership like Bolton and Blackburn get slated for playing negative football. Any manager at any level will get his players to dig in if he has to in the name of preserving divisional status. In my eyes, Leicester's performances last season (and this to be hoenst) were more appalling than any Premiership team has been lately!

Last edited:
One would question why anyone who had the opportunity to be part of SUFC 4,5,6,7 years ago but didn't take it, would do so now?

I have only been able to come up with one answer....Profit. They could not see a return for their money then but we now have planning permission (they sure as hell won't come in if we don't) there will be a return in their investment.
If Ron needs assistance in raising the funds for the new stadium , then that is up to him, I just hope he doesn't feel the need to sell us up the river, as I thought the concerns about him being in it purely for the money had been fairly and squarely put to bed .
I know TMWLT has posted similar concerns perviously and been roundly condemned (I may have even condemned him myself , I can't remember) but if the names mentioned on this thread do reappear in the SUFC/SEL frame in the future then he had more insight than we gave him credit.
Neither Soros or Ritblat would be interested in the football, it will be the real estate and the profit, they will not put any money into the bootomless pit that is a football team................

I would like to think Martin knows what he is doing in this respect and will treat potential financial suitors as any other business would.

In terms of sourcing new captial, he has already gone down the virtually risk-free supporter share issue option. I imagine the budgetary constraints are still quite great and he'll need to get more funds from somewhere. If taking a £500,000 loan is needed to build the stadium then I'm sure we will see a much better ROI than the x% that the investor would want back. If the plans are approved then I'm sure our borrowing rate will be considerably more favourable (then again, if it's not approved I guess we wouldn't need the cash!).

I think being supporters often warps our views on these things. Investors, of course, don't support the club like ourselves and make their livelihood from investments. They're not going to give us a cut-price deal as they are interested in making money.

As long as the people that own the club plan to make profits from season by season operations then we should treat the investment as a means to an end.

I would like to think Martin knows what he is doing in this respect and will treat potential financial suitors as any other business would.

In terms of sourcing new captial, he has already gone down the virtually risk-free supporter share issue option. I imagine the budgetary constraints are still quite great and he'll need to get more funds from somewhere. If taking a £500,000 loan is needed to build the stadium then I'm sure we will see a much better ROI than the x% that the investor would want back. If the plans are approved then I'm sure our borrowing rate will be considerably more favourable (then again, if it's not approved I guess we wouldn't need the cash!).

I think being supporters often warps our views on these things. Investors, of course, don't support the club like ourselves and make their livelihood from investments. They're not going to give us a cut-price deal as they are interested in making money.

As long as the people that own the club plan to make profits from season by season operations then we should treat the investment as a means to an end.

I think in the share prospectus it showed in the 3 months to November we made quite a loss - and I can't imagine that the wage bill has come down substantially since then. The funds from the share issue could be to just see us through to the end of the season (I hope not!)

Many pieces in this jigsaw puzzle.

Why do the club not disclose the whole deal, to end the speculation ?

Well known the club monitor Shrimperzone so when they look at this thread, please pass to RM the above request.

I think in the share prospectus it showed in the 3 months to November we made quite a loss - and I can't imagine that the wage bill has come down substantially since then. The funds from the share issue could be to just see us through to the end of the season (I hope not!)

I think you're pretty close to the mark MattE. We had a £150k in the bank at the end of November and losing near enough £200k per month. Maybe that's why so many of our squad are out on loan at the moment.....

Financing the stadium will cost millions and Ron must have a plan in place for the funding. I would be very surprised if any further investors came forward now - Ron has been in this for so long, he will not want to dilute any of the profits he will make redeveloping Roots Hall, so I would expect all the financing to come from banks. Unless Irate Ian knows something we don't and wants to elaborate instead of dropping odd hints about Land Registry searches and Jamie Ritblat!

When was the last time seek and search money laudering/corruption raids took place on your homes and businesses with seizure of massive quantity of documents ?

Strangely enough it is my perception this to be quite a rare occurence and would surely not have been approved without reasonable or just cause.

When was the last time seek and search money laudering/corruption raids took place on your homes and businesses with seizure of massive quantity of documents ?

Strangely enough it is my perception this to be quite a rare occurence and would surely not have been approved without reasonable or just cause.

And what links that to Jamie Ritblat?

Nice job - cashing in other peoples misery. :mad:

Using your theory you must believe the Police, Doctors, Solicitors, Banks, Finance Houses, The whole of the city of London amongst others make money to the misery of others.

We do b2b collections mainly and if we fail in business, we also have bailiffs call on us. Business is business I am afraid.

In 30 years, I have not seized goods from a residential property.

We assist the victims of fraud and dishonesty.

People are the authors of their own misery and I accept your comments are quite simply misconceived.

Using your theory you must believe the Police, Doctors, Solicitors, Banks, Finance Houses, The whole of the city of London amongst others make money to the misery of others.

Well yes actually, all banks, most certainly solicitors, finance houses and the City of London do make money off the misery of others.

Most doctors are just incompetent and don't even get me started on the "Boys in Blue" most of whom are on the make or just plain stupid.

The government gave people credit above their means and allowed companies like yourselves to thrive when they couldn't pay back what they owed.

Like I said, sharks and scum making money from the misery and hardship of others.

i assume that you are refering to the raid on RM after the dawn raid on the gloucestershire council offical sean conners which the echo reported on in great detail

well that matter is closed as sean connors was banned for holding office for
4 years for fiddling £2,000.00 child benifit this case was heard in 01.01.08
and it seems the matter is closed

I think some miss the point, that any investor or investment would be in the development [to make money], not to invest in the football club/team.

I think some miss the point, that any investor or investment would be in the development [to make money], not to invest in the football club/team.

whats wrong with making money from your investment surley if there was no money to be made there would be no investment or development and in our case probaly no football club

Well yes actually, all banks, most certainly solicitors, finance houses and the City of London do make money off the misery of others.

Most doctors are just incompetent and don't even get me started on the "Boys in Blue" most of whom are on the make or just plain stupid.

The government gave people credit above their means and allowed companies like yourselves to thrive when they couldn't pay back what they owed.

Like I said, sharks and scum making money from the misery and hardship of others.

glad my mum got competent doctors to keep her alive for 9 years with cancer.

For the time being it is suggested that everyone distinguish between the football club/team and the development of property, which are entirely separate businesses.

After visit to Land Registry I will publish some facts, to cut through some of the speculation. If offshore corporations are involved I will seek the further facts from elsewhere and publish across this forum.

Southend Council have the power [S 208 legal agreement conditions] to establish the security of tenure of SUFC and we must look to them to protect supporters interests.

Their independence & not for profit involvement will very likely be an important factor in ensuring fair play, once approval has been declared.

I think you're pretty close to the mark MattE. We had a £150k in the bank at the end of November and losing near enough £200k per month. Maybe that's why so many of our squad are out on loan at the moment.....

Financing the stadium will cost millions and Ron must have a plan in place for the funding. I would be very surprised if any further investors came forward now - Ron has been in this for so long, he will not want to dilute any of the profits he will make redeveloping Roots Hall, so I would expect all the financing to come from banks. Unless Irate Ian knows something we don't and wants to elaborate instead of dropping odd hints about Land Registry searches and Jamie Ritblat!

A couple of years ago I remember RM stating that we needed crowds of 6,000 to break even. Now the average crowd is nearly 8,000 and the club is losing money.

Is it because only 3,000 people per match are actually paying to get in and the season ticket money has already been spent. Also out of the 5,000 season ticket holders that we do have, quite a high percentage are Concessions & Children so do not infact bring in much money?

We have a small squad and some of the higher earners have left so it's a bit worrying that the club is losing so much money.

We sure could have done with that match at Anfield!!!

A couple of years ago I remember RM stating that we needed crowds of 6,000 to break even. Now the average crowd is nearly 8,000 and the club is losing money.

Is it because only 3,000 people per match are actually paying to get in and the season ticket money has already been spent. Also out of the 5,000 season ticket holders that we do have, quite a high percentage are Concessions & Children so do not infact bring in much money?

We have a small squad and some of the higher earners have left so it's a bit worrying that the club is losing so much money.

We sure could have done with that match at Anfield!!!

I think a year in Championship has sent the wage bill soaring.

For the time being it is suggested that everyone distinguish between the football club/team and the development of property, which are entirely separate businesses.

After visit to Land Registry I will publish some facts, to cut through some of the speculation. If offshore corporations are involved I will seek the further facts from elsewhere and publish across this forum.

Southend Council have the power [S 208 legal agreement conditions] to establish the security of tenure of SUFC and we must look to them to protect supporters interests.

Their independence & not for profit involvement will very likely be an important factor in ensuring fair play, once approval has been declared.

I think I may remember something about this. I think RM borrowed money from someone to buy out Delancy - maybe the loan is secured on Boots & Laces or Roots Hall?

Agreed SBC need to look after SUFC (not SEL) interests in the planning agreements at Fossets.

i assume that you are refering to the raid on RM after the dawn raid on the gloucestershire council offical sean conners which the echo reported on in great detail

well that matter is closed as sean connors was banned for holding office for
4 years for fiddling £2,000.00 child benifit this case was heard in 01.01.08
and it seems the matter is closed

But surely thats just the Council misconduct charge....
The Criminal investigation was regard to bribes related to property developments, the RM/MD raid was linked to this. If this was to do with Money laundering that would insinuate that RM was not making the payments , more like accepting them on Connors behalf and then making "legitimate" payments to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back