• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Rolf Harris: Guilty

Tough one this, I don't feel the same about him as I did about Stuart Hall, for instance, and certainly not how I feel about Savile! I think this one saddens me more than awakening feelings of anger. Wasn't Hall also allowed bail before sentencing though?

Never have understood bail before sentencing. What if someone determines there life isn't worth living and goes on a mass murdering spree, basically the point is how can they be judged to not be a danger to the public when that is what they are awaiting sentence for!?

He's so old he's not going to be a massive problem.

He is a convicted nonce. I don't care how old and frail he is. He destroyed childhood innocence and doesn't deserve a minute of freedom. It's black and white. I'm seeing no grey here at all. It is a MASSIVE problem if we cannot lock up convicted paedos the moment they are found guilty

Never have understood bail before sentencing. What if someone determines there life isn't worth living and goes on a mass murdering spree, basically the point is how can they be judged to not be a danger to the public when that is what they are awaiting sentence for!?

If someone is dangerous then they will be held on remand whilst awaiting sentencing.

I can't think of any examples of someone going on a mass murdering spree between being found guilty and sentencing, so presumably this method works.

He is a convicted nonce. I don't care how old and frail he is. He destroyed childhood innocence and doesn't deserve a minute of freedom. It's black and white. I'm seeing no grey here at all. It is a MASSIVE problem if we cannot lock up convicted paedos the moment they are found guilty

This this this !

Pervo who should NOT be spared because of his age,He committed vile acts and now must pay the full price.

Of course there is grey around this topic, even if not necessarily around this case. A 16 year old boy with a 15 year old girl probably wouldn't result in a jail sentence, for example.

If there are exceptions there are going to be grey areas as to when and where those exceptions occur.

Rolf Harris - guilty is an anagram of Furry Gorilla S-hit. Coincidence? I think not.[

This is a case in point for the charge the scum,send them down say for example 60 years and when the old nonce dies bury them in prison grounds,no headstone just a number.
He has fecked up plenty of other peoples lifes let him rot with that thought ahead of him.

The Australians are talking about bringing a case against him there as well. I fully expect him to top himself before Friday, can't see him surviving in prison at all.

Interesting seeing some of the celebs interviewed on TV this morning - Cilla Black, Ronnie Corbett, Esther Rantzen - all deeply shocked and saddened that someone so warmingly avuncular could have fooled so many. I never knew he actually fronted a campaign about child abuse too :sad:

The Australians are talking about bringing a case against him there as well. I fully expect him to top himself before Friday, can't see him surviving in prison at all.

Interesting seeing some of the celebs interviewed on TV this morning - Cilla Black, Ronnie Corbett, Esther Rantzen - all deeply shocked and saddened that someone so warmingly avuncular could have fooled so many. I never knew he actually fronted a campaign about child abuse too :sad:

Much like your mate maybe,you never know in this life all there is to know.

I bet today he's off down the solicitors transferring everything to his mrs in her name so that he can have the final laugh and say "I'm broke" and not give his victims anything in compensation.

I sincerely hope that every sycophant who went to that concert of his just after he was arrested and then let out on bail and were all saying he must be innocent feel proud of themselves today.

I got told a rumour about him 10 years ago, found it hard to believe at the time, but what I was told made sense. So I was hardly shocked when it all came out.

Back