• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron provides another managerial update

I saw on Twitter that Matt Slater of the Athletic (and a Shrimper) said the consortium aren't interested in Southend as they're looking for a less complicated fix up.

The Russians who bought Bournemouth had a look at us. The thing against us was the 1000's of fans heading off to London every weekend.

At a guess from our area (not including as far as Basildon) could there be 10,000+ PL regulars ?

Sol's Notts County experience has nothing to do with anything. They were a club in a complete mess who promised him the Earth until he got there & discovered it was all a sham and there was no money to do anything with. So he understandably walked out. At Macc he & the players weren't paid for months but still kept turning up & he somehow garnered enough effort & team spirit to keep them up when they'd been dead & buried. He left because the club couldn't promise him that anything would change with the finances & we all like to be paid at least occasionally. He may be an odd-ball at times & say some odd things, but look what Brian Clough achieved, and he was as odd as they come. Of all the names mentioned he's the one who comes closest to having relevent and succesful experience. He hasn't yet been tarnished by failure and I would think is still very keen to prove the world wrong at a level up from Macc.

But to be honest I just wish Ron would announce someone, anyone, as the current situation is awful.

Sol wasn't manager at Notts though was he? I thought Sven was.

I've now been updated that the players now believe that it will be Barrett, but I kind of get the impression that they don't know at all. Been told that 2 players that have quite a bit of "player power" are making the speculation. Players have day off tomorrow so the thinking is there will be no announcement tomorrow.

I've actually had quite an in depth update of what a certain player thinks the issues are and it doesn't surprise me at all. Certain players having too much of a say, we need strong leadership.

So the man signs tomorrow then and is announced Thursday surrelllllllyyyyyyy!!!!

Has it been confirmed that Harris is out of the running, or has never been in it?

I think this delay is all but confirming that its Barrett.

We cannot announce him until Millwall have got their replacement manager in place.

This would be why Ron removed his statement in which he said he would announce a manager this week - the timelines are now in the hands of Millwall who have 2 weeks with the international break to make a decision.

For me it's the only explanation why Ron has not announced yet and is unable to comment, as soon as Millwall announce their new manager I suspect we'll have Barrett confirmed within a matter of hours.

Not ideal, but if this is the case I'm happy to wait - and while I wait I'm making myself happy by convincing myself this is the case :)

I am against him because he has not got any experience at our level. Ok so he kept Macclesfield in the league but what did he do at Notts County? Are we really so defeatist that we consider ourselves a struggling league two side? Yes he was an outstanding player, yes he played for a great manager at a great club but so did Tony Adams and look at his managerial career! Look at Roy Keane also......great players do not make great managers necessarily......
I would prefer someone who is tried and tested at his level or at least has some experience with the club........thats my personal opinion, no doubt others will have differing views

Most, if not all of the above, could be applied to Adam Barrett as well!!!

I think this delay is all but confirming that its Barrett.

We cannot announce him until Millwall have got their replacement manager in place.

This would be why Ron removed his statement in which he said he would announce a manager this week - the timelines are now in the hands of Millwall who have 2 weeks with the international break to make a decision.

For me it's the only explanation why Ron has not announced yet and is unable to comment, as soon as Millwall announce their new manager I suspect we'll have Barrett confirmed within a matter of hours.

Not ideal, but if this is the case I'm happy to wait - and while I wait I'm making myself happy by convincing myself this is the case :)

This is also logical and is what I’m hoping is the case.

I'd absolutely amazed if we wait any longer to name a manager! Cant believe people are so blasé about saying "oh we'll probably wait 2-3 weeks to name someone". Madness and if that happens we are down. We're as good as down right now.

We need a manager - TODAY!

Or maybe our new manager can't start until the end of the Swedish season in a couple of weeks.

In which case why did Ron say, in the now infamous 'update', that he would make an announcement this week?

Jesus 20/1 for Neil Campbell as manager, that's stupid odds, would have thought Patrick Campbell would have been better odds (Those of a younger generation, please look up Call my Bluff)

We don't want our form to be any more stuttering than it is, thanks!

If Campbell has the potential to be a good manager why did it take him so long to get a job . The same thought bugged me about Powell.

Back