• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ron speaks- appointment expected this week.

Whilst it always seemed likely, is this the first time we've had confirmation of match streaming so long as fans can't attend the match?
I don't think every club in Lge 2 uses ifollow so I suppose there is the chance that some of the away games might not be shown.

I would agree depending on who he appoints assistant.
This is the point- who would he be working with? Although AB has never specifically said he would not be coming, just how happy he is at Millwall we have been assured he is not coming. So who would be in a management team with Tilson? If say it were Maher and Fagan as his assistants would that be a good team? Would they care about Southend? Live and breath the club?
To me this is critical and my assumption is he is still in the mix as part of a package Ron is very tempted by.
Not knowing the answer I don’t know if it’s s good idea or not- at least not long to wait it seems..

Last edited:
Why would you wait to announce if the chosen man is already at the club....points to Currie.Bolton have already signed players and had their first friendly so good to hear that the players will return with the new man in charge.Wish Ron had taken the same view of the man needed before his head was turned by Sol.
Our future still hinges on FF and that September deadline so it will be interesting to hear ST prices and dates.Will we be gambling on buying one before that date ? and as Ron states the unknown twists and turns of the virus restrictions

Why would you wait to announce if the chosen man is already at the club....points to Currie.Bolton have already signed players and had their first friendly so good to hear that the players will return with the new man in charge.Wish Ron had taken the same view of the man needed before his head was turned by Sol.
Our future still hinges on FF and that September deadline so it will be interesting to hear ST prices and dates.Will we be gambling on buying one before that date ? and as Ron states the unknown twists and turns of the virus restrictions
Timing might have something to do with other members of the management team. Don’t know- Ron going on about passion for Southend etc etc- my question would be why would Currie have that- never played for us, supported us- it would be a newly acquired love.. but we can read things too literally. Would be very happy with Currie, Fagan or Tilly (Tilly with/within the right management team)

Timing might have something to do with other members of the management team. Don’t know- Ron going on about passion for Southend etc etc- my question would be why would Currie have that- never played for us, supported us- it would be a newly acquired love.. but we can read things too literally. Would be very happy with Currie, Fagan or Tilly (Tilly with/within the right management team)
Also, he as good as announced Larsson last time and that fell through last hurdle, he'll not be taking the risk this time, that and he might be on holiday.....

Hes slightly revised his stance on that one, more someone who is 100 percent commited to football. Probably due to sols half arsed attitude.

Reactions: GBJ
I don't think every club in Lge 2 uses ifollow so I suppose there is the chance that some of the away games might not be shown.
It'll be disappointing if not all the L2 do not have ifollow active. This would be a much needed revenue stream for them

Same old re the stadium but hopefully the players will be back and a new manager appointed this week

I think the latest news from the government should help speed up the house building process which is fundamental to this whole thing coming off for uncle Ron!

Kev

When the evidence is under you nose, why look elsewhere? Everything Ron has said leads me to believe Fagan will be our next manager.

I won’t be disappointed with Fagan. But I would feel a bit meh if we announced that. Only because we could have done that 4 weeks ago and already had some kind of building blocks in place and had the guys back training

I won’t be disappointed with Fagan. But I would feel a bit meh if we announced that. Only because we could have done that 4 weeks ago and already had some kind of building blocks in place and had the guys back training

Completely agree with this, if we do go with him it seems like a real waste of time messing around with other candidates. I get that we would have needed to see if anyone was better suited, but if Ron thinks he's good enough now then surely he shared the same view last month.

Back