• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Frankly, a load of meaningless twaddle - I am thinking of applying to become Ron's 'ghostwriter'.

I wonder if he dictates these blogs on the way to the ground ?

- Mod's - time for a thread merge ?

RM should go into politics, plenty of words then you realise he's said nothing we didnt already know.

As football supporters we are all cursed with a genetic propensity for moaning but the tax man's efforts to unglue all that is good about our wonderful Club was beyond the pale.

I know where I am taking this Club

Haha, what a nutter. Someone should explain to Ron, that if you don't pay your tax bill, then it is likely you will get in trouble somewhere along the line. He makes it sound like the taxman had some twisted grudge against us, and was doing it all out of spite.

Secondly, Yes you MAY know where you're taking the club, but is it to the same place we want?

OK - it looked a bit dodgy for a while, probably still does. Everyone wanted answers. Ron states he will write a blog next week to start answering and he gets criticised. Why dont people wait til the man gives some reasons before jumping to a conclusion? If he does give reasons they will be seen as rubbish.

Why is it that most of the people that consistantly criticise RM before he speaks are the same people who consistantly have a player or two to criticise? Do we not support SUFC to try to enjoy ourselves?

Anybody else expect that the 5 topics RM mentioned at the end of Friday's blog would be released one a day Mon-Fri this week?

Still waiting Ronald (Yogi's post on the transfer embargo thread made me think about this). So many questions, so few TRUE answers...

Anybody else expect that the 5 topics RM mentioned at the end of Friday's blog would be released one a day Mon-Fri this week?

Still waiting Ronald (Yogi's post on the transfer embargo thread made me think about this). So many questions, so few TRUE answers...

He has given us his recent blogs/statements just before a game or AGM/EGM, so there could be one this afternoon. Alternatively, maybe not as it's an away game.

He has given us his recent blogs/statements just before a game or AGM/EGM, so there could be one this afternoon. Alternatively, maybe not as it's an away game.
So was the Gillingham cup game, we got a statement then, i still say wait till after the loan window closes on the 26th. UTB.

I agree that we want answers but I actually think we should give him a chance you can all fly off the handle but no one knows the ins and outs of the situation, I for one am happy we still have a club at all, the situation could be a lot worse.

I agree that we want answers but I actually think we should give him a chance you can all fly off the handle but no one knows the ins and outs of the situation, I for one am happy we still have a club at all, the situation could be a lot worse.

Finally someone with some patience and understanding!

In fairness, he comes out with what you consider to be ********. None of us know the facts and there are plenty prepared to judge based on their perceptions and without full knowledge of the background.

Therefore, whatever he comes up with with be viewed as ******** and lies so in my opinion he may as well not bother.

I don't think there is anything he could possibly say AT ALL which would pacify some people.

I have to disagree I'm agraid - If Ron actually said anything worth listening to, I think people would be far more receptive to him. He is the master of the written word, and verbose does not even come close to decribing him. Trouble is, he goes a long way round the houses, to effectively say nothing.

I'd be only too happy to hear him out and what his views are on the current squard size, the reason we're in this mess and the state of the World generally, but I suspect nothing that he says this week will hold any substance.

Too many times he has said what he is going to do, and not done it. Too many times he has used an opportunity to explain, in basic terminology, issues surrounding an important matter, but has instead used it as a platform to massage his ego.

Bottom line - we have miraculously paid off a £2.1m debt, of which, 2 weeks previously, we couldn't scrape together £660,000 to just fend off HMRC. We wer epromised in the close season that we would be purchasing players a lot earlier than in previous years - We now have a pathetically small squad, and only due to the managerial expertise being displayed by Tilly and Co are keeping us in a healthy league position - as the season extends, however,
that will become nigh on impossible as injury and suspension take hold.

Is there anyone else that can be blamed for the situation we found/find ourselves in? The short answer is no. If we had really gone to town in our season in the CCC, I could totally understand the financial implications, but we didn't - we hardly pushed the boat our, in fact, had we of done, we may have survived. If we paid CCC wages to some of the players we brought in, then more fool us.

I await his response with baited breath, but I suspect it will not contain much more than the usual hot air.

I'm always interested to read what Ron Martin has to say but actions speak louder than words.

Ron Martin here. Sorry sorry sorry I have put millions into this club. Thanks for your support and cheap jibes.

I have to disagree I'm agraid - If Ron actually said anything worth listening to, I think people would be far more receptive to him. He is the master of the written word, and verbose does not even come close to decribing him. Trouble is, he goes a long way round the houses, to effectively say nothing.

I'd be only too happy to hear him out and what his views are on the current squard size, the reason we're in this mess and the state of the World generally, but I suspect nothing that he says this week will hold any substance.

Too many times he has said what he is going to do, and not done it. Too many times he has used an opportunity to explain, in basic terminology, issues surrounding an important matter, but has instead used it as a platform to massage his ego.

Bottom line - we have miraculously paid off a £2.1m debt, of which, 2 weeks previously, we couldn't scrape together £660,000 to just fend off HMRC. We wer epromised in the close season that we would be purchasing players a lot earlier than in previous years - We now have a pathetically small squad, and only due to the managerial expertise being displayed by Tilly and Co are keeping us in a healthy league position - as the season extends, however,

Is there anyone else that can be blamed for the situation we found/find ourselves in? The short answer is no. If we had really gone to town in our season in the CCC, I could totally understand the financial implications, but we didn't - we hardly pushed the boat our, in fact, had we of done, we may have survived. If we paid CCC wages to some of the players we brought in, then more fool us.

I await his response with baited breath, but I suspect it will not contain much more than the usual hot air.

You mean he talks a lot but doesn't say a lot? He boasts about what he has done, and he is a liar? So why didn't you say that? UTB.

I await his response with baited breath, but I suspect it will not contain much more than the usual hot air.[/QUOT
Different class, no Shrimperzone ********, tell it as it is, Yorkshire Blue, look and learn!

Different class, no Shrimperzone ********, tell it as it is, Yorkshire Blue, look and learn!

According to radio, BBC Essex still hoping for an interview 'next week'

That seems to completely ignore the new stadium and the credit crunch which is clearly the reason we are in financial problems, although of course the increased wage bill contributed.

Back