• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As has been mentioned already the question is irrelevant. TB has gone and GL has no experience in property development. Above all though it's irrelevant because RM owns the lot and can do pretty much what he pleases and in my opinion he's the only one that can possibly deliver because of that one simple fact.

Ron:

Total directorships: 28
Current directorships: 21
Previous directorships: 7
Active companies involved with: 15
Inactive companies involved with: 8

I agree can't for the life of me see Ron going for obvious reasons. But there MAY come a time Lockett or Brady COULD be in sole charge. This has been rumoured anyway for some time in the future. So with that possibility we would be left with guys not really experienced in property taking on the stadium talks. Actually I think Lockett does have knowledge in this field as he's done a bit in the profession.

Until recently Ron has stayed away from the footballing side of things over the last year to concentrate solely on the new stadium subject.

I dare say a few will say he's the right man to oversee the stasdium bid.

But is he?

Could Tara Brady or Gary Lockett or both together be just as effective if not more so than Ron in carrying the project forward?

I dont know Tara Bradys history, but has he any property development experience ?

Gary Lockett is an insurance guy so he doesnt.

Ron Martin may not have a portfolio of completed projects but at least he is starting in the right industry :)

Ron Martins problem has always been financing, I dont see that TB or GL would be bringing tens of millions of pounds to the table so not sure what more they could do.

Thats not to say ron Martin is the right man, he clearly hasnt been as he doesnt have the resources to deliver what he promised, Im not sure that would mean TB or GL would better.

PS The wolfpack comments are really pathetic, if you post to an internet forum a thread open for discussion people will reply. Not everyone is out got get you....

His main forte is in insurance. I do believe some brief time in between he had a spell in property. Certainly has very good contacts in property.

Ron:

Total directorships: 28
Current directorships: 21
Previous directorships: 7
Active companies involved with: 15
Inactive companies involved with: 8

So SUFC has a better than 1 in 3 chance of becoming "inactive" in the foreseeable future ?

Tara I';m sure has no experience of property. I do believe Gary has had a taste of it. Owns god knows how many homes so he'll have his contacts.

GL was MD of Reinsurance Broker Ratner McKenzie before they were sold, he then did Insurance and legal Consultancy before Joining Insure and Go in Sept 2008.

No mention in any of his bio's of any property work. EDIT ** except the Echo does mention it**

With regard to the comments about the number of Directorships RM has, forgive me those who have read this before, but it is standard practice for a company to be set up with the sole objective of owning one property.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2002/may/25/tax.politics3 (its a 2002 article so the Property Stamp duty has gone up)

So for RM to have a property portfolio he would natuarlly have a number of different companies.

That as well. Listed in the echo of his previous work experiences anbd property was mentioned and my pal who knows him says this as well. Don't know any more than that.

That as well. Listed in the echo of his previous work experiences anbd property was mentioned and my pal who knows him says this as well. Don't know any more than that.

Gary is or has been only involved with residential property.

Thankfully Sainsburys are holding his hand, I don't think anyone can underestimate there building knowledge or credentials!!! For me that gives me some comfort, although because of them we have a 3 sided stadium as RM doesn't have a pot to **** in which makes you wonder how good a developer is he. Before everyone jumps on the recession, financial crisis crap there is also opportunity in those times and as I believe none of Rons 29 company's seem to have taken any of those?

I would agree that having Sainsburys involved is a big bonus for RM and the club in general. The only point I would slightly disagree with you is that I think the recession has had more of an impact than you believe and the sums of money that are required for the project are beyond RM, in this climate. I also believe that having Sainsburys on board will allow the project to go ahead sooner (I hope) rather than later.

Back