• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Top blog again Ron, you do go on a bit but that's the way I like it, more info about the club, can't see a problem with that!

Keep it up, cheers.

Surely that "Family Tree" thing is the same as what was published last week? I shall have to be having words because I haven't seen this latest piece of penmanship dropping in my inbox yet....it's just not good enough!

He said that Obellie.

Good report this week I thought. Whilst I can understand the bigging up of our youth system to concern some regarding whether we are buying players, for a club like Southend to have players coming through (which we havent really had for 10 years) will be a good thing.

With regard to the transfers....was interesting to see it laid out like that. To me it relfects very favourably on Tilly's overall dealings. All managers make mistakes but he has picked up some bargains, managed to recoup some of his losses on his few bad buys....and also regarding his bad buys has not been too proud to deal with his mistakes and move them on rather than be pig headed and keep patience with them.

Good stuff Ron....and Tilly!

Premier teams must discard hundreds upon hundreds of really good youngsters and we are getting the benefit of the massive foreign influx of players to the Premership by taking on the home-grown ex-Prem youth.

Ron's Blog

Well done to Ron for continuing to put something together week on week. He should not be too sensitive to criticism as like his blog and all that is posted on the Zone most of what is said can be prefixed with 'In my opinion.....'

The dosh spent on players is interesting although disturbing in some quarters for example Michael Ricketts ~ it is a strangely odd amount!

It would really be interesting to put similar chart together showing what we actually received for the players sold, both in immediate payments and over time. I would love to know what funds came in for :

Baily
JCR
Freddy
Paynter
Matty
Hooper
MacDonald
etc

It would be an interesting comparison of charts.

I would also like to know how much we made out of the unexpected windfall from the Chelsea games including :

Dosh from their place
Dosh from ours
TV rights

It will just give us an idea of how that unexpected income has been distributed or will be.

How much does it cost per week to keep SUFC running including all salaries and other expenses? What is the shortfall per week.

This sort of information if it is able to be advised may get a few people of Ron and the Boards back as I am sure the attendances especially as they appear to be in decline are unlikely to cover our outgoings.

No criticism just a genuine interest in a subject that will interest many.

It's a good read once you get into it, and shows that the club is moving forward and in great hands, but if he could cut it down to about half that size, it would be much better.

I wonder if the person who wrote into him comes from the Zone............ Fair chance? ;)

I would also like to distance myself from this, despite my "Letter" I put on here last week after the Crewe game.

Another good blog Ron.

Someone on Shrimpers On Line highlighted that we have made around £3k for every week Tilly has been in charge due to his dealings in the transfer market.

Think it's a good point that yes despite some dodgy buys in Paynter etc... he's also picked up some bargains and made money when selling them on. Considering we're in a much better position than when he took over that's some achievement.

Think it's too easy to put up a table showing how much money has been spent, and would have been much more interesting to see the comparison against what's been recouped - or would that have just prompted a debate about where the money has gone?

I can't believe people are still moaning about it being too long FFS !!!!!

I can only assume those that feel like that have never read a book in their lives !!!

For me the stand-out figure from the list is the rather obscure £74,900 for Michael Ricketts. I can only assume Ron deducted £100 for Fat Boy's "snack" in the Boots & Laces canteen prior to the contract negotiations.

I would guess that any fee over £75,000 would invoke a clause in his contract that would mean paying extra money somewhere.

not long enough...more info please....all this openness is great for the club, as long as it doesnt compremise the club...more should be open for us to see

It makes me proud to be a shrimper reading Rons blog and reading the comments on here...we should be proud that although small in comparrison to the big clubs...we all have pride, passion and a knowing understanding of what it means to support our club Big up Ron and the Boys...

Up the Blues

Well done to Ron for continuing to put something together week on week. He should not be too sensitive to criticism as like his blog and all that is posted on the Zone most of what is said can be prefixed with 'In my opinion.....'

The dosh spent on players is interesting although disturbing in some quarters for example Michael Ricketts ~ it is a strangely odd amount!

It would really be interesting to put similar chart together showing what we actually received for the players sold, both in immediate payments and over time. I would love to know what funds came in for :

Baily
JCR
Freddy
Paynter
Matty
Hooper
MacDonald
etc

It would be an interesting comparison of charts.

I would also like to know how much we made out of the unexpected windfall from the Chelsea games including :

Dosh from their place
Dosh from ours
TV rights

It will just give us an idea of how that unexpected income has been distributed or will be.

How much does it cost per week to keep SUFC running including all salaries and other expenses? What is the shortfall per week.

This sort of information if it is able to be advised may get a few people of Ron and the Boards back as I am sure the attendances especially as they appear to be in decline are unlikely to cover our outgoings.

No criticism just a genuine interest in a subject that will interest many.

Good point and hopefully RM will reads our ramblings on here as we do his! Stats are pointless unless both sides and shown.

Back