• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Running Thread

First outdoor run of the year early this morning, did 5k in Harlow up and down a few hills in Harlow in just over 25 mins, used compression socks for first time ever and make a great difference to my calf’s and Achilles:Thumbs up:

Worth a go?

I suffer from really tight calf muscles which put strain on my achilles

Worth a go?

I suffer from really tight calf muscles which put strain on my achilles
Made a massive difference, best few quid i will ever spend for a while, definitely recommend. I’ve struggled for years with my Achilles and calf’s and can’t believe how good they still feel after that run.

Guess what? I'm injured again! I managed to aggravate a long term knee injury by vacuuming the stairs!

I had my first shockwave treatment on Saturday. (I swear my wife only does things like that because she's using me as a guinea pig.) It is now taped up and feeling a lot better...not much exercise for me this week, although I often schedule in a week off so I might just make this one of those.

Guess what? I'm injured again! I managed to aggravate a long term knee injury by vacuuming the stairs!

I had my first shockwave treatment on Saturday. (I swear my wife only does things like that because she's using me as a guinea pig.) It is now taped up and feeling a lot better...not much exercise for me this week, although I often schedule in a week off so I might just make this one of those.
No sympathy from me, men’s bodies are not designed to hoover the stairs- what were you thinking? ?

I am currently running for 30 mins and sometimes it is so easy I run for another km or so at the end. Sometimes it is so hard I feel like giving up after 20 mins.

The easiest runs seem to be those I don't fancy before I start.

I am currently running for 30 mins and sometimes it is so easy I run for another km or so at the end. Sometimes it is so hard I feel like giving up after 20 mins.

I seem to push myself to hard sometimes and always do my next mile quicker than the last one I did, no pain no gain in my book, sometimes you feel like stopping but it’s just a matter of getting through that pain barrier and then your ok, it does set you up after the day after a good run and makes you feel good that you’ve achieved something so early in the morning as I do my runs at 5-6 in the morning:Thumbs up:

Amazing isn't it? I know I've mentioned it on here before. Sometimes I really have to talk myself into a run and then find they go really well. Other times I feel on top of the world, but as soon as I start my legs feel like lead and I run really badly. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind it either.

Amazing isn't it? I know I've mentioned it on here before. Sometimes I really have to talk myself into a run and then find they go really well. Other times I feel on top of the world, but as soon as I start my legs feel like lead and I run really badly. There doesn't seem to be any logic behind it either.

Back in the mid 80's i did a 5 miler on both Tues & Fri one week. As an experiment i ate exactly the same foods on the previous day, & kept to the same routines.
I was pretty 'nifty' back then, yet the Fri run took me just under a minute longer than the Tuesday run!. Both times there was only a gentle breeze in the air.
I used to keep a 'log book' of weekly runs, distances, time taken & strength of wind, what direction etc ( sad man! ).

Managed just over 3 miles yesterday which is my longest run this year. I’m still a long way from what I was doing last year and a lot slower but that’s what happens when you stop running for a while.

I've been running for 42 years, last Aug got Plantar Fasciitis & still not totally gone away. I live in Leigh, by A13 near Thames Drive.
5 times per week walk down to Leigh Station ( get my free copy of 'The Metro'! ), then do 2 laps up & down the 180 steps, then walk back home.
That generates a sweat, increased heart beat & enough stamina for my age. I pass people going up those steps, half my age!.
Def miss running & once this problem has gone, will commence again. To be honest only difference i've noticed in last few months, are less niggles on my knees & Hamstrings!

Managed a 12k run with a mate yesterday which certainly helps the pace...I've lost so much fitness though with a sky high heart rate for a pace that usually shouldn't be a problem....feeling it in the legs today !

I went for a run yesterday. I did my usual 10km. It was the first time I've managed the full distance since a) a knee injury and b) the snow, so it was pretty slow. I was just pleased I managed the full distance.

On a slightly different subject, does anyone have a warm up routine? I followed this:

I didn't really feel any different!

Back