• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Leonard

Was talking to a Millwall-supporting colleague at work today. He was in the throes of gloom about their future and predicting a massive clear out of their squad. He said: "You'll probably be able to get Leonard back for (naughty word) all".

I wish!

AB told me last May that their only target was to try and keep their 5 best players and survival. So Millwall fans should be happy

Was talking to a Millwall-supporting colleague at work today. He was in the throes of gloom about their future and predicting a massive clear out of their squad. He said: "You'll probably be able to get Leonard back for (naughty word) all".

I wish!
The Millwall fans,with whom we unintentionally ( UKIP racists) got talking on Saturday, wanted rid of Neil Harris,especially because he signed waste-of-space(my polite translation!)Leonard.
When I saw him recently v the Albion,he scarcely crossed the half-way line-one wild shot -and no-one ever passed to him.

The Millwall fans,with whom we unintentionally ( UKIP racists) got talking on Saturday, wanted rid of Neil Harris,especially because he signed waste-of-space(my polite translation!)Leonard.
When I saw him recently v the Albion,he scarcely crossed the half-way line-one wild shot -and no-one ever passed to him.

Trouble is with Millwall, not only does no one like them. They hate themselves as well

Trouble is with Millwall, not only does no one like them. They hate themselves as well
The bloke where I work is a Millwall season ticket holder. He doesn't seem happy with life right now. Unlike Southend fans who are of course glowing with optimism every day.

I asked him today what he thought of Leonard. He said he was "all right when he first joined but he's been (loving vigorously) (brown smelly stuff) for most of the season".

He conceded that the rest of their midfield having been terrible in his opinion, it might not be all Leonard's fault. But he would be chuffed if they got rid of him in the summer.

Lenny Come Home!

"I think he's trying to tell us something. What is it, Lenny? Oh no, little Timlin's fallen down the well!"

I remember reading similar stuff on here 4/5 years ago. The undroppable Lenny, Browns favourite, doesn't offer enough going forward. My personal favourite was a rant about PB ruining Lenny by making him to defensive and something about shackles.

I wanted Lenny to succeed but did think he would be found out at the higher level in midfield. He started in football as a right back and has all the attributes to do well there, even in the Championship.

Lenny is class. He has the ability to play way above Millwall. I gave up on fans judgements when Maher was slaughtered. Things don't always go perfectly for players at certain times but that does not make them crap.

I wanted Lenny to succeed but did think he would be found out at the higher level in midfield. He started in football as a right back and has all the attributes to do well there, even in the Championship.
When he first went to Sheffield Utd I spent a little time on their board and they reckoned his best position was either RB or CB. Wilder bought him for midfield because of his athleticism but his control wasn't up to their standards.

I remember reading similar stuff on here 4/5 years ago. The undroppable Lenny, Browns favourite, doesn't offer enough going forward. My personal favourite was a rant about PB ruining Lenny by making him to defensive and something about shackles.
Thing is, I don't think that's an unreasonable argument. 'Ruining' Lenny is perhaps a bit over the top but I found it very odd that in Brown's first season he was given the licence to be a box-to-box player; when he got into the final third he was unstoppable at times because his athleticism alone took him beyond players. They were scared sihtless by him.

The next season Brown played him in a more defensive role and the tempo of our play dropped. Brown then speculated on bringing in a defensive midfielder to allow Lenny more freedom to get forward but that didn't happen. He said a similar thing a couple of seasons later with McCormack being mentioned as a possibility (mostly by us I think) but that didn't happen either.

So in my opinion, although the idea of PB 'ruining' Lenny is exaggerated, I can't help thinking that he was coached out of the attacking side of his game, which is a shame.

Thing is, I don't think that's an unreasonable argument. 'Ruining' Lenny is perhaps a bit over the top but I found it very odd that in Brown's first season he was given the licence to be a box-to-box player; when he got into the final third he was unstoppable at times because his athleticism alone took him beyond players. They were scared sihtless by him.

The next season Brown played him in a more defensive role and the tempo of our play dropped. Brown then speculated on bringing in a defensive midfielder to allow Lenny more freedom to get forward but that didn't happen. He said a similar thing a couple of seasons later with McCormack being mentioned as a possibility (mostly by us I think) but that didn't happen either.

So in my opinion, although the idea of PB 'ruining' Lenny is exaggerated, I can't help thinking that he was coached out of the attacking side of his game, which is a shame.

He was a right back until PB turned him into a CM......he was never going to be a Jack Payne but is earning more money than Jack because of his defensive qualities. He did still get into good positions for us but usually tested the north bank scoreboard or over hit his long through balls.

One off his best assets was reading the danger or predicting the second ball and being on the move before it happened.......I dare say that goes unnoticed by many fans on forums.

Lenny never played at RB though even though he was signed as one. Sturrock largely played him at RM with the licence to bomb forward with Clohessy behind him. I think PS saw him as a CM in the longer term; he and Kane Ferdinand had a few games together there.

If you search @lendog18 on twitter and read the latest tweets to him, he’s getting absolutely slaughtered by the Millwall fans.

Really feel for the lad. Think he’s under far more scrutiny because of the price tag he came with.

Back