• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ryan Leonard

Wilder pursued him for so long, surely he knows where he is most effective? Can't see him sticking round for much longer unless they start winning anyway, he's not exactly had the best of records since taking over.

Pains me to say it, but Lenny would have been miles better off going to Millwall - at least he'd have been with a management who knows how to get the best out of him.

Today is our game of the season that he always looked forwards to, still miss him in our team - we haven't got anyone who can do what he used to.

We have Dru Yearwood who will end up having a much better career. That's not knocking lenny but without him leaving we probably wouldn't even know about Dru.

I'd welcome lenny back in a heartbeat.

We have Dru Yearwood who will end up having a much better career. That's not knocking lenny but without him leaving we probably wouldn't even know about Dru.

I would but not at the expense of Dru.

Lenny has now got our old mate Ricky Holmes warming the bench with him.
Lenny has now got our old mate Ricky Holmes warming the bench with him.
I have said on here before Sheffield United is not a good club for ex Southend players to go to , ask Chris Guthrie and Richard Caddette

Sadly Lenny only managed a few minutes at the end of the second half, and then only as a substitute for a substitute. It really does make you wonder why Wilder chased him for so long. According to the Sheffield board Wilder is a good judge of a player which makes it even more strange. I think Lenny's future lies away from Sheffield United and I can see him returning to FL1.

Wouldn’t be surprised if he ended up back at Plymouth.

I would but not at the expense of Dru.

At this moment in time, Lenny is ahead of Dru but I think Dru has the potential to be better. Just look at how Lenny grew over his 5 years with us, Dru is at the start of his journey.

At this moment in time, Lenny is ahead of Dru but I think Dru has the potential to be better. Just look at how Lenny grew over his 5 years with us, Dru is at the start of his journey.

And with Lenny back it would put him behind him in the pecking order. I’d rather have Dru in the starting 11 instead of Leonard. But that’s just my opinion.

Three games into a season. Let's not write Lenny off at Sheffield United just yet...

Dru is ours, I’d rather we continue to develop him than bring in Lenny who don’t get me wrong was fantastic for us but he did leave and we’d only be bringing him back because he isn’t wanted at Sheffield United.

There was actually a snippet of Lenny on the EFL highlights show winning the ball high up the pitch driving forward and having a good effort saved. I'm sure he'll have more opportunities at Sheffield Utd in due course.

Sheffield United have signed Oliver Norwood on a loan, view to a permanent move in January. Does he play in a similar position to Leonard?

Being linked with a move to Millwall, where Neil Harris and Adam Barrett wanted to sign him when he went to Sheffield United instead. Supposedly a loan move.

He needs to play. I believe he is more than good enough for that level. Whenever he got a game at Sheffield he always played in a CAM and thats just not his game

It's so frustrating to see him sat on the bench especially as they've not started too well this season.

Didn't take long for Holmes to leave either. Why does Wilder track these players for so long and then seemingly have no idea how to play them

As much as it disturbs me to say. Lenny would have been better off going to Millwall in the first place. However, I doubt they would have been able to match Sheffield Utd's offer. Hope the rumour is right, Lenny deserves at least a chance at the higher level.

The trouble is that a large number of Championship sides are now so flush with funds they can buy up any decent players from League 1 and League 2 because they can afford to. Buying a player also stops opponents signing them. Derby have just paid £4m for Jack Marriott he is on the bench like Lenny so far. They also signed Duane Holmes from Scunthorpe on deadline day - I doubt he will play either.

The only side to sign Lge1 players and play them appears to be Ipswich and they lost to Rotherham. I suspect they will get relegated with them.

I think most Lge1 players who move upwards are going to have to accept that they wont get selected in the first 11. It's worth it for the financial security it gives them. I think the gap between the Championship and the Premiership is narrowing but between Lge1 and the Championship grows bigger every year. If you get relegated but largely keep your squad with slight strengthening you usually go straight back up from Lge 1.

They only paid £750k for Lenny. Leeds paid £10m for Bamford and he can't get picked yet.

The trouble is that a large number of Championship sides are now so flush with funds they can buy up any decent players from League 1 and League 2 because they can afford to. Buying a player also stops opponents signing them. Derby have just paid £4m for Jack Marriott he is on the bench like Lenny so far. They also signed Duane Holmes from Scunthorpe on deadline day - I doubt he will play either.

The only side to sign Lge1 players and play them appears to be Ipswich and they lost to Rotherham. I suspect they will get relegated with them.

I think most Lge1 players who move upwards are going to have to accept that they wont get selected in the first 11. It's worth it for the financial security it gives them. I think the gap between the Championship and the Premiership is narrowing but between Lge1 and the Championship grows bigger every year. If you get relegated but largely keep your squad with slight strengthening you usually go straight back up from Lge 1.

They only paid £750k for Lenny. Leeds paid £10m for Bamford and he can't get picked yet.

Thanks for that dose of depressing realism. The fact is you're probably correct.

Dru Yearwood deffo the new Kante, as both are similar in style, as for Leonard, we wouldn’t afford him at all & he is on close to 8k a week wages apparently.

Back