• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

onceknownasrab

President
I have read a couple of postings on here suggesting some staff have not been paid by SUFC. I have no idea of the validity of the claims but, like many of you, find the possibility alarming/saddening. Is anyone on the ear of Tara Brady to request confirmation or a statement of the clubs present financial position? Are any of those chaps/chapesses affiliated to the Shrimpers Trust able to liaise between club and fan to clarify said position? If it is only rumour then I would like to know that. If it is substantiated I would like to know if it is a temporary and surmountable situation. I do not want, as in the past, to be kept in the dark, fed you know what, in a mushroomesqe fashion and only know the truth when the proverbial horse has well and truly bolted.

I know someone in the ticket office, he hasn't been paid yet, along with everyone else in the ticket office and club shop

TravellingBlue said it's the case and that is good enough for me to accept it as fact.

Anyone who thought that the money problems were behind us was living in cloud cuckoo land. Unpaid bills are unfortunately a fact of life for a business with an empty bank account.

Well if we're broke again, why the bloody hell did we not sell the Mohs?

Idiocy if indeed true. 1 player down but a team getting paid will see us through, now it seems we're that same player down and a whole team now probably downing tools again.

Brilliant. Maybe Ron's pulled the plug a little later when he knows 1 win and 4 draws will keep us up?

Well if we're broke again, why the bloody hell did we not sell the Mohs?

Idiocy if indeed true. 1 player down but a team getting paid will see us through, now it seems we're that same player down and a whole team now probably downing tools again.

Brilliant. Maybe Ron's pulled the plug a little later when he knows 1 win and 4 draws will keep us up?

The £250k offered wouldn't have exactly helped the long-term situation, leaving the club with scant defensive options and the fans in a state of uproar. I dare say that the problems with uncompleted fixtures in December didn't help, but as Beefy said anybody who expected the financial circumstances of the club to have been remedied over the summer was expecting too much. While we're a failing business with no wealthy benefactor, these issues will prop up.

I have read a couple of postings on here suggesting some staff have not been paid by SUFC. I have no idea of the validity of the claims but, like many of you, find the possibility alarming/saddening. Is anyone on the ear of Tara Brady to request confirmation or a statement of the clubs present financial position? Are any of those chaps/chapesses affiliated to the Shrimpers Trust able to liaise between club and fan to clarify said position? If it is only rumour then I would like to know that. If it is substantiated I would like to know if it is a temporary and surmountable situation. I do not want, as in the past, to be kept in the dark, fed you know what, in a mushroomesqe fashion and only know the truth when the proverbial horse has well and truly bolted.

I have just emailed him to ask, is there any truth in the rumours.

Ron more or less said that the non payment thing wouldn't happen again this season. He would make sure of that. I believe Ron. Ron is our leader.

The £250k offered wouldn't have exactly helped the long-term situation, leaving the club with scant defensive options and the fans in a state of uproar. I dare say that the problems with uncompleted fixtures in December didn't help, but as Beefy said anybody who expected the financial circumstances of the club to have been remedied over the summer was expecting too much. While we're a failing business with no wealthy benefactor, these issues will prop up.

If we're losing 100k a month and we got offered 250k that would've at least seen us pretty much to the end of the season with maybe asking the staff for a 25% deferment of salary? Being straight with the fans saying we sold an asset to balance the books would also be a little more acceptable, we'd grudgingly agree with why it's being done and some may even commend the common sense of the club.

But we're not in that kinda situation with SUFC are we???

If we're losing 100k a month and we got offered 250k that would've at least seen us pretty much to the end of the season with maybe asking the staff for a 25% deferment of salary? Being straight with the fans saying we sold an asset to balance the books would also be a little more acceptable, we'd grudgingly agree with why it's being done and some may even commend the common sense of the club.

But we're not in that kinda situation with SUFC are we???

The more balanced supporters might have begrudgingly agreed that selling an asset at a time of need was common sense, but the militant factions who protested outside the ground last year would've gone bat****. Not only was it an offer that didn't truly reflect Mohsni's value, but it came at a time that would've left us ill-prepared for the rest of the season. That would've, in turn, driven away supporters of the club when we need them most.

This does, however, give some weight to the rumours that RM and Sturrock were courting interest in Mohsni approaching deadline day.

leaving the club with scant defensive options and the fans in a state of uproar.

It was much worse last season and very little was done. Ron knows he can do whatever he likes with SUFC with little hassle from the fans

This does, however, give some weight to the rumours that RM and Sturrock were courting interest in Mohsni approaching deadline day.

I think you are right to an extent, but RM has nothing to do with the running of the football club these days, that is left to Tara and PS.

Reply from TB:Money is very tight but all players wages are paid and up to date, any other staff that are owed wages will be fully up to date by the weekend.

He never said what weekend though!:dizzy:

BS said last week that the players had been paid so this rumour has always been a non-starter ...

So wages to staff were paid late. It also infers that players were paid late too, although up to date now. I understand the issue with losing £100k in Nov/Dec when we had zero home games, but we had 4 home games in Jan, and have 4 in Feb.

Games with an average of 1500 paying fans at £16 each (OK some will be kids) is £96k. That doesn't take into account any corporate/hospitality money, so there should of been no issue at all in paying Jan wages.

Very worrying again.

Reply from TB:Money is very tight but all players wages are paid and up to date, any other staff that are owed wages will be fully up to date by the weekend.

He never said what weekend though!:dizzy:

While that may be fine from the players perspective, that's total crap if you're a poor bloody pen pusher in the marketing department or elsewhere. These people play a part in the running of the company and they deserve to be paid on time.

Disgraceful.

Games with an average of 1500 paying fans at £16 each (OK some will be kids) is £96k. That doesn't take into account any corporate/hospitality money, so there should of been no issue at all in paying Jan wages.

Very worrying again.

On the flipside, that doesn't factor in matchday costs, such as SJA, stadium maintenance, policing, stewarding etc...

So wages to staff were paid late. It also infers that players were paid late too, although up to date now. I understand the issue with losing £100k in Nov/Dec when we had zero home games, but we had 4 home games in Jan, and have 4 in Feb.

Very worrying again.

The average cost of a ticket will be lower than £16. I'd suggest £13 at most. You'll then have to take off VAT and the various costs of staging the match (especially Policing). Even with four games we'd have been very lucky to clear £60k in January, which would be little more than half the wagebill and then there's all the other costs associated with maintaining a 55 year old football ground and running a business, especially paying HMRC which simply has to be priority no.1 - way ahead of paying wages.

Very worrying indeed, but more depressingly predictable.

Just facebooked Louie Soares, he says he hasnt been paid all season but apparently he is on performance related pay.

Back